1. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    People are actually looking forward to this?
    Why wouldn't they? Crackdown is a fun series.

2. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    The first one was awesome, didn't care much for the second, mainly due to the graphic style, and the fact they got rid of those cool car transformations, they were cool.

3. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    It looks like ass & a lot of other games do the same thing better (Saints Row etc). People have pretty low standards these days lol. Oh well I guess it's more fodder they can add to Game Pass.

4. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    The first one was awesome, didn't care much for the second, mainly due to the graphic style, and the fact they got rid of those cool car transformations, they were cool.
    Sounds like the car transforms are back. I never played 2, but 1 was a lot of fun.

Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    It looks like ass & a lot of other games do the same thing better (Saints Row etc). People have pretty low standards these days lol. Oh well I guess it's more fodder they can add to Game Pass.
    Or maybe people have opinions. You're welcome to yours. Personally I found Saints Row to be bottom rung garbage. A series that started off as GTA Lite and devolved into the videogame equivalent of the Scary Movie franchise, too stupid to realise that being loud and obnoxious doesn't make you funny or entertaining. But it has a lot of fans so more power to them.

5. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Sounds like the car transforms are back. I never played 2, but 1 was a lot of fun.
    Well now! That was one of my fave things about the first.

The second one also had a shit tonne of collectibles, it put GTA4 to shame haha.

6. Post
    Four years later, Crackdown 3’s multiplayer Wrecking Zone is a shadow of its former self

What we suspected since last E3 is true: Downgraded MP.
    Those earliest glimpses of Crackdown 3 offered some mind blowing, ‘this is game-changing’ glimpses into a potential future of physics in games, and that just isn’t really expressed in Wrecking Zone. The nature of the mode means it takes place on more limited, enclosed maps with a stringent time limit, so the promise of being able to collapse a building and watch it topple into another and cause a domino effect of collapse after collapse simply can’t be achieved. Put simply, it’s not as impressive as those demos were.

Crackdown 3 developers on hand suggested that the decision to pull the destruction from campaign and frame it as it was in Wrecking Zone is more about design than capability. It would, after all, be difficult to design a campaign where a boss might sit atop a tower if you could demolish the tower by taking out its bottom floor. There’s probably some truth to that, but the limited, enclosed nature of Wrecking Zone also suggests to me that in truth the technology wasn’t scale-able enough. It was definitely real and it definitely worked. Back in 2015, developers beamed as they handed over the controller and let me level a city block. Sometimes things just aren’t realistic for full games, however.

7. Post
    I'm looking forward to Crackdown 3. I have gamepass, so it's a no brainer that I'll be playing it.

Gamepass is brilliant.

8. Post
    Crackdown 3 was set to revolutionise cpu workloads
    The game is supposed to be online only and use azure server to do physics based cpu calculations

But now Microsoft pretends like they never said this

So I’m assuming the game no longer has good physics running off azure?

9. Post
    Will definitely play this, love the first one

10. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Crackdown 3 was set to revolutionise cpu workloads
    The game is supposed to be online only and use azure server to do physics based cpu calculations

But now Microsoft pretends like they never said this

So I’m assuming the game no longer has good physics running off azure?
    MP was the only thing that was going to use cloud computing, was meant to be the entire city from SP but destructible. E3 last year they showed off its new MP within a confined little area..

11. Post
    I wasn't even aware that this would be available on PC. It should be something I'd enjoy, as I had great fun with Saints Row 4, but something about the gameplay looks flat to me. The multiplayer looks awful.

12. Post
    How long before Chris B comes along to tell us that downgrades aren't a thing.

13. Post
    ^ wow lol

14. Post
    *graps popcorn and waits for ChrisB post, temporarily removes ChrisB from blocked list*

15. Post
    Surely you would think that 3 years between 2015 and 2019 would be long enough of a development time to get that kind of stuff working properly. It could have been a showcase for cloud computing, but looks like a pale shadow of what was promised.

I don't think we're talking about glorified "bullshots" here either.

16. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Surely you would think that 3 years between 2015 and 2019 would be long enough of a development time to get that kind of stuff working properly. It could have been a showcase for cloud computing, but looks like a pale shadow of what was promised.

I don't think we're talking about glorified "bullshots" here either.
    "The power of the cloud!"

17. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    *graps popcorn and waits for ChrisB post, temporarily removes ChrisB from blocked list*
    I guess you once again failed basic reading comprehension like Eva but in his case he is so determined to be edgy that he loses sight of reality and makes shit up to validate his views. Oh wait you do that too! Or is it that you both want someone to say something so you imagine it into your reality?

I never said "downgrades" dont happen but that there are multiple reasons why they happen. Read what I actually wrote, maybe read it again only slowly and sound the words out if that helps.

re: the video. That is nothing short of embarrassing. I almost admire MS's balls for releasing the game if that is any indication of its final state, and I have no reason to doubt it. Also not surprised. Consoles have shitty CPUs so the physics simulation needed the "cloud" because the consoles lacked the horses for complex simulation on a large scale. When they removed that system the physics was always going to be pared back. I had no idea it would be that embarrassingly primitive. That looks like Red Faction era destruction. I mean wow! Is anyone surprised though? They've not talked about the physics engine in years nor shown anything since the pre-Alpha demos. Which all goes back to the statements I made previously in the other thread. Shocking!

Also making have to read an Eva post is not ok. I've gone so long without and it was great and you ruined it. Not cool.

18. Post
    Pretty long wall of text that could have been shortened to "I was wrong, Grim and Eva was right"

Anyway, back to the block list

19. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Pretty long wall of text that could have been shortened to "I was wrong, Grim and Eva was right"

Anyway, back to the block list
    SMH
    I am at a loss for words.

20. Post
    Well I for one am quite surprised by the latest videos, as ones just shown before these latest ones didn't look that great. Game looks good! Well except for the MP of course.

Best developers for example racing games, Turn 10 & PD : Turn 10 targets 60fps from the get go, pretty much always runs at 60fps during development & things are added but always stuck at a good solid 60fps. PD targets 60fps but if they push a bit beyond that target they don't worry too much so long as its almost a smooth 60fps. Other developers which I dislike more, seem to have no real clue about their target & push way too hard only for them to do a lot more work down scaling everything. It was almost fine with Watchdogs as it was a new gen of consoles but still stupid to downgrade the PC version & have the settings locked away only for modders to unlock the extra goodies.

As for Crackdown 3 MP, well it is new tech & isn't as grand as MS was bragging about when it was first announced.. But its not cheap to run these servers. Still should of been that grand show piece MS wanted, still is but nothing like they previously showed.
    Last edited by XSpike; 12th February 2019 at 8:31 pm.

21. Post
    So this is out tomorrow?

22. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    So this is out tomorrow?
    Yes, and to little to no fanfare

23. Post
    Only the most devoted Xbots will be excited for this lol.

24. Post
    Have 0 desire to buy the game but will give it a go on game pass

25. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Only the most devoted Xbots will be excited for this lol.
    Probably not even them