1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    I can hear IST creaming his pants from here.

Anyways, this one looked a bit dicey, so glad that it's actually worth playing.

3. Post
    $37usd with JUNE25 code on Greenmangaming - get it while it's HOT, HOT, HOT!

Yes it's only a AA game, but it's almost half the price of a "AAA" game, so well worth it!

4. Post
    DONTNOD really proving to be solid.

5. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    I can hear IST creaming his pants from here.

Anyways, this one looked a bit dicey, so glad that it's actually worth playing.
    Mate, I'm way ahead of you: already put 3 hours in last night

Used that June25 code at GMG, $56NZD bloody well spent!! AA is the black, AAA is the new Dateline Pedo Traps...take from that what you will

6. Post
    IST wrote:
    Mate, I'm way ahead of you: already put 3 hours in last night
    Well shit son, where the hell is your review-in-progress?!

7. Post
    One thing you can never deny as far as IST goes, and that is his enthusiasm.

Good on ya mate. Enjoy!!! And please share your thoughts, good and bad.

8. Post
    IST wrote:
    AA is the black, AAA is the new Dateline Pedo Traps...take from that what you will
    I'm afraid to google this!

9. Post
    Chris, how would you compare it to a game like Dishonored?

10. Post
    I'm not if I can. They're very different.

Visually there are a few similarities due to the art style, but obviously Vampyr is much darker.

Apart from that there's not too much you can compare. Both have well told stories, and I think Vampyr is easily on par with Dishonored in that regard. Game play they're completely different, 3d person aRPG vs 1st person stealth em up/shooter, but mechanically Dishonored is better executed in what it does.

If you liked Vampire the Masquerade : Bloodlines you'll like this I think. In fact any of the earlier narrower in scope RPGs that came before the open-world glut compares well with this.

If you like the setting and theme, and like RPGs with a strong character focus I think this is a safe bet. It is a little janky, but some of the best games are as you well know.

11. Post
    Perfect, cheers.

12. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    I'm not if I can. They're very different.

Visually there are a few similarities due to the art style, but obviously Vampyr is much darker.

Apart from that there's not too much you can compare. Both have well told stories, and I think Vampyr is easily on par with Dishonored in that regard. Game play they're completely different, 3d person aRPG vs 1st person stealth em up/shooter, but mechanically Dishonored is better executed in what it does.

If you liked Vampire the Masquerade : Bloodlines you'll like this I think. In fact any of the earlier narrower in scope RPGs that came before the open-world glut compares well with this.

If you like the setting and theme, and like RPGs with a strong character focus I think this is a safe bet. It is a little janky, but some of the best games are as you well know.
    Awesome review I forgot to mention too man, bloody well written!

For me, It's feeling very Bloodlines like as well, and that is a great thing.

Combat feels a bit gluggy for lack of a better word...but movement is nice around the battlefield, I actually prefer this to DS1 combat which I'm playing in tandem (I like faster Bloodborne like pace now days more, this feels more Bloodborne than DS1 does).

Amazing use of inner narration, speaking aloud what the good doctor is thinking at the time...it feels like thoughts, not just writing.

Dark as **** settings, the atmosphere is more grim than I even thought possible; it kind of feels Resident Evil like in tone to me if RE was in post-WW1 London. Actually, if Bloodborne, RE1 and VTMB had a baby, this would be it settings wise.

Voice work is actually very, very good...it shoots above and beyond most AA games in this area: feels AAA as.

Story is gripping, but haven't got to any super big meat yet (no pun intended).

Have to go to a work do tonight, but once I'm back I'm going to play drunk style and see it from that perspective: hope I don't get too turnt then suck dry all the areas ruining my save game....sounds like something I would do, hope my ex doesn't doesn't buzz me when I'm out; else London will feel my wrath later on

13. Post
    Gate opening simulator

14. Post
    Analgia wrote:
    Gate opening simulator
    Haha, can be sometimes.

The only thing I wish is, that you could be a complete **** and be completely victorious. Kinda like KOTOR. But yeah still very much enjoying this, well worth the money. Love the main character.

15. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    Haha, can be sometimes.

The only thing I wish is, that you could be a complete **** and be completely victorious. Kinda like KOTOR. But yeah still very much enjoying this, well worth the money. Love the main character.
    Has to be one of the best voiced protags out: his VO deserves all sorts of props for this performance

16. Post
    Are you guys finding all your enemies are several levels higher than you? I'm on my way to Whitechappel at lvl 9 and every ****er I'm up against is about lvl 16. Is it forcing me to kill more main characters to level up higher to the detriment of the area's health?

17. Post
    It’s a soft wall as far as I know as in should go somewhere else first

18. Post
    You are normally always under leveled but you must be lacking on the side quests?

19. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    You are normally always under leveled but you must be lacking on the side quests?
    I've done a couple of side quests. I probably just have to get good.

20. Post
    They should not have shown level number above enemy heads

21. Post
    This is a really good RPG to play in tandem with Dark Souls, I get sick of dialogue and storytelling and want dank boss fights...I just swap games, and vice versa.

I usually go back to Vampyr on a rage quit due to souls loss and me blaming my controller lag or something

Both games fit the strikingly cold weather we're experiencing currently, gets you in the mood for these atmospheres

22. Post
    Haha I almost lost 1.6 million souls from farming yesterday and was about to start playing Vampyr but then by the skin of my teeth I managed to get them back - that was like 5 hours of farming almost gone

Now I'm super OP, SL125 and only at Sen's Fortress on first playthrough of the Remaster LOL

The negative of this is I now have to play hollow, otherwise I get invaded by people who are on like NG2+ and kill me in a couple hits

23. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Haha I almost lost 1.6 million souls from farming yesterday and was about to start playing Vampyr but then by the skin of my teeth I managed to get them back - that was like 5 hours of farming almost gone

Now I'm super OP, SL125 and only at Sen's Fortress on first playthrough of the Remaster LOL

The negative of this is I now have to play hollow, otherwise I get invaded by people who are on like NG2+ and kill me in a couple hits
    Humanity is for the weak, I just roll hollow mang (also I've only won like 2 PvP match ups lol...and one of them killed themselves trying to bridge drop on me )

Kindle then un-human is my style, what a massive pussy big-hat Logan tells me

Also: 1.6 million? farrrrrk man, that would have rage quit me into next week haha.

24. Post
    How long is the game? Around 40 hours?

25. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    How long is the game? Around 40 hours?
    https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=35857