Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post

2. Post
    Ubisoft have really struck gold with these games, great games, and awesome post launch support.

3. Post
    The game is an absolute filler-filled grind fest.
    The horse controls are beyond a joke, the world travel is boring because of that. You know the open world is badly designed when you want to fast travel every 2 minutes instead of explore.

The story also is all over the place-origins atleast had a decent story.
    Oddyssey is the same game but more fillers, probably wanting people to buy skills and waste $.

Got bored half way through. Hard to rate the experience as anything more than 7/10

4. Post
    Crikey that's a very negative sounding review then a 7/10? What does it take to be less than that!

5. Post
    I'm guessing its a meta commentary on the refusal of mainstream games media to rate games below a 7.

6. Post
    This game keeps giving, loving so far even though it feels a little to big.

7. Post
    I'm about 10-15 hrs in & already a bit bored of it. I mean its a solid game but I think I just have open world fatigue & as jords said its just seems too big & too much stuff to do with most of it becoming repetitive after a while. I really like the setting & the Kassandra character but the story hasn't pulled me in and feels like I'm just going through the motions when I'm playing it.

8. Post
    Final DLC is out

About to jump in now, bring it on

9. Post
    And it's finished..

Overall, I give the game and it's DLC a solid 9/10.

I enjoyed it so much, if the next game released tomorrow I'd jump straight in.

Apparently the next AC game is set in Viking times, so bring on more god of war themed stuff!
    But it looks like it's only out in 2020 on next gen machines, so long to wait..

10. Post
    Haven't played any of the DLCs yet, might go back and give them a go.

11. Post
    I really enjoyed Odyssey. Best AC since Black Flag. I'm keeping an eye out for a cheap season pass.

12. Post
    Mate says season pass is great! Just starting to get used to boats again.

13. Post
    This is decent but holy shit its an odyssey trying to get through such a shit tonne of quests. By the time I've finished this there's no way am I going to play the DLC or any other AC game for a very long time lol.

14. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    This is decent but holy shit its an odyssey trying to get through such a shit tonne of quests. By the time I've finished this there's no way am I going to play the DLC or any other AC game for a very long time lol.
    A lot of them are filler. I can't remember exactly which ones as I haven't played for a while. But they will just keep popping up random event type quests that mean nothing. I think they are the crossroad type icon and hourglass ones.

15. Post
    Got 100% achievements and i loved every bit of it. About 150hours all up.

16. Post
    waiting for all the DLC to be on sale

17. Post
    Finished and Platinumed

18. Post
    jords wrote:
    Finished and Platinumed
    Nice, well done. How many hours did you put in Jords?

I picked this up last weekend, and am loving it. Holy hell it's huge though - still haven't left the first area, and looking at the map is a fairly daunting experience. Still, i said the same about Ghost Recon Wildlands, and platinumed that, so you know, you eat an elephant one bite at a time

19. Post
    jords wrote:
    Finished and Platinumed
    Damn that's quite an achievement considering how big the game is. I couldn't imagine platinuming it considering it's hard enough to finish the game since I keep starting & stopping because I keep losing interest lol. How did you not get bored especially after finishing the main story? I mean the gameplay isn't exactly that exciting or different lol.

20. Post
    What's involved in platinuming?

21. Post
    Soldier_Five wrote:
    lots of time

22. Post
    Solid,is it like getting every achievement?not overly familiar with ps rewards thing, I'd got all the original achievements on steam,then all the damn dlc came out I'm down to like 60% ,everything would be quite the achievement

23. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Nice, well done. How many hours did you put in Jords?
    Put in a little shy over 100 hours.

Damn that's quite an achievement considering how big the game is. I couldn't imagine platinuming it considering it's hard enough to finish the game since I keep starting & stopping because I keep losing interest lol. How did you not get bored especially after finishing the main story? I mean the gameplay isn't exactly that exciting or different lol.
    I just never pushed myself to play for the sake of playing. After I completed the story i really wanted to solve the cultists. Then after noticed I was not far off. I made sure to focus on one thing for each session.

Game does not have meaningless collecathons like previous games. I think the most annoying was fully upgrade ship, unfog entire map and uncover all sunken locations (which there is 42)