Fallout 76

Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
(9 votes)

1. Post
    jords wrote:

I knew this thread would turn into a whinge fest. We haven't seen anything except a CGI trailerfor god sake!
    Everything is shit when you are rocking these Name:  rosecolorglass1.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  84.6 KB

2. Post
    Funny how I replay the originals every year or 2, and they still hold up. And are better in many respects to either of the Beth releases (story, quests, quest resolutions, characters, etc). Using the Rose-tinted glasses argument is extremely weak.
    Anyone with a reasonable amount of awareness knows that Fallout 4 was a much shallower experience than any of the previous games.
    Shall we also talk about how busted Beth games are even years after release. Or their crap engine, or their complete lack of care with PC versions, or their constant need to strip out stats, skills, and other core RPG elements. These are objective truths clearly visible through any lens... assuming your eyes are open that is.

3. Post
    Yes fallout 4 was shallow and broken (gotta love that refresh rate limit in this day and age), I think a huge part of the shallowness was their silly choice to limit any dialogue to four options and the flow on from that. Will this have the same dumb limitation and crapness as the base fallout 4? Maybe but from a short teaser no one knows, Does it count as its not main series as you mentioned in an earlier post and so therefore a spin off? Should it then get compared to the masterpiece of fallout brotherhood of steel? Perhaps?

Is the #notmyfallout as silly as the #notmybattlefield

probably

I think fallout 3 is a substantially better game than 4 but I dont think new vegas was really that much better than 3 and with the dlc for both being a mix of hot trash and excellent. There is all this illusion of there being no choice in 3 and more choice than your body has room for in vegas, I wonder if any of those people have watch this for some objective truth?

4. Post
    People say FO3 and Fo4 are trash compared to NV. But critically those games are better received commercially, by fans and by reviews. Then again we are in a bubble here with gaming forums etc

The amount of angles I have seen today have been amazing.

• Beth FO games are trash
    • Obsidian are better
    • Why is it not a remake on Switch
    • Why is it not an MMO/Battle Royale/Old School RPG
    • It's a hero shooter/PUBG/Rust/DayZ clone.

I won't make judgements till E3. If it's like FO3/NV/4 I'll be happy. If its free to play shooter maybe not so?

Chris, I was not calling you out on your opinion, your old school and I appreciate that. It was the hashtag that made my laugh. No offence intended.

5. Post
    What about the "obsidian are now dicks angle"?

https://techraptor.net/content/chris...-entertainment

6. Post
    I know this totally goes against the grain of the goodness, but I would actually be stoked if they just went full blown shooter if there are PvP elements (take mechanics from Destiny say...which has the best shooting mechanics out) as a lot of RPG elements always play havok with any semblance of balance in MP I've found (great for playing by myself though).

Then again, I just want it to be fun, expand the lore with cool stories and be great value: my big 3 in most games.

7. Post
    lets say you took fallout 4, renamed it and changed some of the iconic parts of the series: would people like it then? Because while I don't think it's a good RPG I did find it an enjoyable game... and at the end of the day I think that's what's important. Same for Skyrim.

8. Post
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    What about the "obsidian are now dicks angle"?

https://techraptor.net/content/chris...-entertainment
    Because employment squabbles have everything to do with the final games they've released, right?

9. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Because employment squabbles have everything to do with the final games they've released, right?
    wooosh

They no longer have Chris Avellone so how would they have been able to make another good fallout game?

This is a follow on to the "Obsidian are better" angle

perhaps obsidian were better would be a more appropriate angle?

10. Post
    Josh Sawyer was the driving force behind New Vegas, Avellone mostly worked on DLCs. New Vegas shits all over whatever Emil Pagliarulo pedestrian laziness which you seem to jack off to. "Hur hur, do you want to blow up Nuketown like a mustache twirling villain?"

11. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Josh Sawyer was the driving force behind New Vegas, Avellone mostly worked on DLCs. New Vegas shits all over whatever
    Emil Pagliarulo pedestrian laziness which you seem to jack off to.
    Josh Sawyer never worked on the originals #notmyfallouts

sorry my dick isnt hard for games of caravan

12. Post
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    Josh Sawyer never worked on the originals #notmyfallouts
    New Vegas is hugely based on Van Buren, which Sawyer was lead designer on. Grasp more straws, brah.

13. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    New Vegas is hugely based on Van Buren, which Sawyer was lead designer on. Grasp more straws, brah.
    you ever read the van bruen documents?

lol I see you added in megaton to your post, lemme guess you reckon siding with the powder gangers and killing everyone in good springs is super amazing writing and has no mustache twirling?

14. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Funny how I replay the originals every year or 2, and they still hold up. And are better in many respects to either of the Beth releases (story, quests, quest resolutions, characters, etc). Using the Rose-tinted glasses argument is extremely weak.
    Anyone with a reasonable amount of awareness knows that Fallout 4 was a much shallower experience than any of the previous games.
    Shall we also talk about how busted Beth games are even years after release. Or their crap engine, or their complete lack of care with PC versions, or their constant need to strip out stats, skills, and other core RPG elements. These are objective truths clearly visible through any lens... assuming your eyes are open that is.
    There is no denying they lack a lot of RPG elements. But that does not make them bad games. There can be heavy RPG games and light. The fact is they are widely enjoyed, they are fun games. Good reviews, good sales. There is no denying the masses like them.

I mean I respect your opinion, you have a taste and you stick to it. But to say these games were bad is just wrong. Not your thing, that is fine. I get that. I love old school RPGs. DOS 2 was a breath of fresh air for modern games. But yeah there is still room for RPG light games too.

I don't like the Beatles, but I would never say their music was bad. I admit I can be narrow minded about movies/tv but...... opinions are just that, opinions.

Just not a fan of things being labeled bad because you're just not into it. The popularity for them speaks for it self.

15. Post
    jords wrote:
    Chris, I was not calling you out on your opinion, your old school and I appreciate that. It was the hashtag that made my laugh. No offence intended.
    No worries. Not old school. Just old. so very very old.

16. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    There is no denying they lack a lot of RPG elements. But that does not make them bad games. There can be heavy RPG games and light. The fact is they are widely enjoyed, they are fun games. Good reviews, good sales. There is no denying the masses like them.

I mean I respect your opinion, you have a taste and you stick to it. But to say these games were bad is just wrong. Not your thing, that is fine. I get that. I love old school RPGs. DOS 2 was a breath of fresh air for modern games. But yeah there is still room for RPG light games too.

I don't like the Beatles, but I would never say their music was bad. I admit I can be narrow minded about movies/tv but...... opinions are just that, opinions.

Just not a fan of things being labeled bad because you're just not into it. The popularity for them speaks for it self.
    I think they're comparatively bad. Because Fallout was a core RPG franchise, until Brian Fargo ****ed everything up, lost Interplay and then his job. Then Bethesda came in to "save" the franchise, but its not Fallout as I know it. I liked FO3, hell I even like FO4, but both are trash RPGs, which is what I want from Fallout. It's what it was and what I want it to be.
    I don't like Bethesda's design ethic, I never have. I think Oblivion is one of the worst games ever made. I dislike every aspect of it.
    To me Fallout is an RPG franchise. Or at least it should be. There are 5 core games. 2 are core RPGs. 1 is a deep, action RPG. 1 is shallow action rpg-lite, and the last is an open world FPS with RPG elements.

17. Post
    ChrisB on the Battlefield series changing direction: "it's a video game get over it"

ChrisB on the Fallout series changing direction: "no no no I don't like this at all"

18. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    ChrisB on the Battlefield series changing direction: "it's a video game get over it"

ChrisB on the Fallout series changing direction: "no no no I don't like this at all"
    Please don't attempt to back up your weak arguments by inventing things, and worst of all outright misrepresenting what another person says.
    Changing "direction" is not even remotely what I have an issue with in Fallout. My issue is the fundamental lack of gameplay depth in the new games. It's about execution and omission. I don't like the change in direction, this is true but is not the basis of my dislike for the Beth entries.
    It also nothing at all in the slightest to do why I think people crying about "historical accuracy" in BFV are talking bollocks. Changing direction? BFV is not changing direction at all, it's doing what its always done, and even if it was, that has nothing to do with why I think people complaining about cosmetic variances being "historically inaccurate" is bollocks, and in some cases a smoke screen.
    Last edited by ChrisB; 31st May 2018 at 7:22 pm. Reason: smoothing the too rough edges.

19. Post
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    you ever read the van bruen documents?
    It's been a good few years. Several elements were definitely recycled like an isolationist society of benevolent, intelligent Super Mutants, lead by Lt. Worf.

yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    lol I see you added in megaton to your post, lemme guess you reckon siding with the powder gangers and killing everyone in good springs is super amazing writing and has no mustache twirling?
    RPGs typically have straight forward opening areas because it's tutorial land. New Vegas was an allegory for the industrialisation of the old West and the tensions associated with the expansion of the US federal government. Fallout 3? Heroic sect of Brother of Steel protects DC against the Super Mutants.

20. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    It's been a good few years. Several elements were definitely recycled like an isolationist society of benevolent, intelligent Super Mutants, lead by Lt. Worf.

RPGs typically have straight forward opening areas because it's tutorial land. New Vegas was an allegory for the industrialisation of the old West and the tensions associated with the expansion of the US federal government. Fallout 3? Heroic sect of Brother of Steel protects DC against the Super Mutants.
    So is that yes or no to the mustache twirling?

21. Post
    Man just shows how passionate we are all about this amazing franchise.

Let us also appreciate the awesome tune they used.

22. Post

23. Post
    I miss the Jingle Jangle, I guess that means it's time for a replay.

24. Post
    Please be a proper fallout survival game done in DayZ style please!

25. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    I miss the Jingle Jangle, I guess that means it's time for a replay.
    New vegas replay with one piece strip and a bunch of the fixes has been on my agenda to do forever