Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Britneys Spear wrote:
    PUBG and Fortnite has unsuprisingly influenced this game.

• Highly specialized archetypes called exotics such as a recon paratrooper, stealthy short-range behind enemy lines person who uses a suppressed SMG and silent gadgets like pistols and garrotes comes with silent footsteps and throwing knives.

Archtypes sound cool and might combat some sniping/camping.
    I doubt anything can combat sniper camping short of not having sniper rifles in the game or making the maps tiny like call of duty maps

2. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    I doubt anything can combat sniper camping short of not having sniper rifles in the game or making the maps tiny like call of duty maps
    Are you implying that CoD does not have camping? I think Archtypes may make potential campers wary.

3. Post
    It’s very difficult to camp with a sniper rifle in the most recent cod game

4. Post
    The one thing I would like to see is the servers. Are we getting dead servers on PC? Can we have our own? Can we host our own?

5. Post
    I'm kinda surprised they wouldn't confirm or deny that at this point (less than 5 months out from release). Can't imagine them not having them though, but would have expected an emphatic yes from them at this point in their development.

I expect that to be cleared up in a couple of weeks at EA PLAY though, when they show actual gameplay off.

6. Post
    I hope it’s ea hosted seevers

7. Post
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    lol the obligatory rose tinted bc2 goggles come out. Given the usual "the battlefield game 2 revisions previous was the best" thing I'm expecting bf4 to be the best bf ever in a years time.

The bfv trailer was hot trash but watching the jackfrags videos and reading more about the actual game changes make me feel a lot happier. No premium and no pay to win is sweet. I dont care if they do cosmetic microtansactions at all, if that keeps the game running without splitting the playerbase out like preeeeemium has in the last few titles thats all good by me. Old conquest flag count system coming back was probably my number one want out of this. More weapon part customization is good although I hope they make it clear how the parts interact, the bf4 system was pretty badly done as evidenced by the amount of people running around with worse than stock attachments and that sort of thing.
    I also wasn't a fan of how some attachments could only be obtained via battlecrates that you really had to grind for or shell out for premium to get some or buy them for the low low price of $2.99 with no guarantee as to what was in them.

Items like the irnv and flir optics are pretty much a necessity on the night maps and when you don't have them (or in my case had 1 irnv on an assault rifle that I could never get the hang of using well) and half the enemy team are running them on snipers, dmr's & lmg's it makes for a pretty unfun time.

8. Post
    Th3WhiteKnight wrote:
    I also wasn't a fan of how some attachments could only be obtained via battlecrates that you really had to grind for or shell out for premium to get some or buy them for the low low price of $2.99 with no guarantee as to what was in them.

Items like the irnv and flir optics are pretty much a necessity on the night maps and when you don't have them (or in my case had 1 irnv on an assault rifle that I could never get the hang of using well) and half the enemy team are running them on snipers, dmr's & lmg's it makes for a pretty unfun time.
    Until some players got the invisible IRNV camo

9. Post
    I started with BF like a lot of people, that was BFBC2. I enjoyed BF3, BF$ not so much and while I played a bit of BF1 I really want to be able to mod the weapons with modern optics etc. I understand that such mods would have been out of place though.

I keep chasing the dream of having the same feeling of running round Arica Harbour as a medic or assault, and then running up the hill to get that camping sniper that keeps getting ya.

TBH, I wanted a more modern set game after BF1. May be Vietnam even.