Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Literally 2 posts above you someone said they did.

I finished it but never felt like playing after that. It was not terrible by any stretch but also not very memorable - not quite open world and not quite linear shooter. If they did announce Rage 2 I hope they choose a direction and stick to it.

2. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Did anyone actually enjoy that boring POS Rage?
    2.3 Million say yes.

3. Post
    Did they ever fix the texture streaming issues in Rage?

That shit was like a picasso...looks great from far away. Then you get close and think "the hell am I looking at?!"

4. Post
    Haisley wrote:

That shit was like a picasso...looks great from far away. Then you get close and think "the hell am I looking at?!"
    I tried to play not too long after release but couldn't - the texture streaming wasn't fast enough and was just too distracting. I haven't tried it on a newer PC though.

5. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Did anyone actually enjoy that boring POS Rage?
    **** yeah! Great game. Terrible textures, great animation system.

- - - Updated - - -

Haisley wrote:

Not really. Playing at 4k helps... a bit. Actually no, it's still awful. Streaming is fine though, just really low res textures.

Doom and the new Wolfensteins use the same tech. But use more traditional texture sizes for the most part.

6. Post
    Rage was awesome - a lot of shooters from that era were actually pretty good, Wolfenstein 2009, Singularity for example.

7. Post
    I first played Rage straight after Far Cry 3 so it felt so bland & boring in comparison. Had to put it down after only around an hour. Maybe if I had played it beforehand I would've enjoyed it more.

8. Post
    Rage was great, balls to the walls classic Id shooting fun. That Megatexture stuff was biggest load of garbage ever, probably the biggest misstep of Carmack's engine coding.

9. Post
    Cheers hell of a lot better than the first couple things I saw. Not too excited by 'Survival Vision', but whatyagonnado

10. Post
    It's almost certainly Rage 2 (peep the Anarchy sign), but apparently the date 5/14 is being teased so probably doesn't count as an E3 reveal.

11. Post
    I hope that Rage 2 is good then. I can understand not wanting to announce Doom 2 any time soon (even though it's an inevitability), they'll knock the wind out of their own sails and diminish hype for Rage 2.

12. Post
    I remember the hub areas in Rage pretty fondly. Nothing much to do there, but some cool design. I will certainly have a crack at a sequel.

13. Post
    Rage 2 thing

https://streamable.com/6k8t4

never played the first. That chick from above is in this lol.

14. Post
    Looks like Ron Perlman 4 secs in.

15. Post
    |icED-e@RtH| wrote:
    Looks like Ron Perlman 4 secs in.
    mate...

16. Post
    Where did you hear Last of Us P2 was coming this year? Just noticed you casually put that there Matt. Got some insider info?