1. Post

Hatch: Gets it's own thread.

With the goal to make buying and investing in shares a lot easier (very different to sharesies) https://www.hatchinvest.nz/

Name:  Screenshot from 2018-04-26 17-25-25.png
Views: 857
Size:  557.4 KB

2. Post

I can finally get a piece of Berkshire Hathaway

3. Post
    Interested to see what the fees are

4. Post
    From memory it's $7 a trade flat rate.

5. Post
    My interest depends on who gets ultimate title to the shares. Computershare at least registers my name directly onto the shares with the investment manager. But this "fractional share" thing suggests they will keep ownership of the shares and simply owe me. And theres no way I'd trust a startup like that.

6. Post
    It's not a startup.

7. Post
    If they're not a startup then why are they in beta?

8. Post
    Are you suggesting someone can't launch a new product in beta?

9. Post
    Sure. But until I see a product that isn't in beta I'll presume they're a new company. That website only shows the waitlist for this product.

10. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    Sure. But until I see a product that isn't in beta I'll presume they're a new company. That website only shows the waitlist for this product.
    It's pretty much Kiwi Wealth which is by no means a startup.

11. Post
    Slight thread derail, has anyone here tried Sharesies? Also thanks for the heads up @ Privoxy looks cool

12. Post
    Infuriation wrote:
    Slight thread derail, has anyone here tried Sharesies? Also thanks for the heads up @ Privoxy looks cool
    Yeah I've been using it the last 6 or so months.

13. Post
    hows Sharsies been for you? I've heard the app is pretty decent?

I noticed them a few months ago but they barely had any info up on their page at the time I checked so hadn't given it much thought since then.

14. Post
    Anyone get some of the slack shares on hatch?

15. Post
    I didn't.

16. Post
    I'm adverse to IPO's now

17. Post
    stacrafty wrote:
    I'm adverse to IPO's now
    Wise move

18. Post
    Infuriation wrote:
    hows Sharsies been for you? I've heard the app is pretty decent?

I noticed them a few months ago but they barely had any info up on their page at the time I checked so hadn't given it much thought since then.
    Been using it for a little over a year and am currently sitting at an %8 return, I just throw a little in every week.
    I leave the dividends in the wallet and throw them at one if I notice one takes a dip.

19. Post
    Arkouda wrote:
    Been using it for a little over a year and am currently sitting at an %8 return, I just throw a little in every week.
    I leave the dividends in the wallet and throw them at one if I notice one takes a dip.
    Maybe not enough history to tell but have you looked into whether this beats just reinvesting dividends as you get them? I'm curious

20. Post
    Oh im not talking big dips, Individual funds dip regularly, i plan on leaving everything in sharesies for another 4 years minimum.

I also set up my 2 kids ones under mine instead of just putting their money in a bank account. They are both just shy of 5% return since august last year.