Page 4 of 4 First 1234

1. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    Fixed that for you. Wouldn't say he looked solid as even the commentators said they were nervous when he was under those bombs.

Still he is much improved.

But that intercept try any other night would have lost us the game. Even Ken's fans need to admit that he is the only warrior in the team who would have tried that pass. I was yelling at the TV for him to take the tackle.

My little heart sank when I saw the opposition intercept it.
    Did Ken root your missus or something?

2. Post
    Ken has been taking multiple high balls.

But that;s not his wheelhouse, his specialty is returning the ball and he's been improving that every week.
    He wears out forwards when he returns the ball.
    He was never going to be Manu, not every winger has to score tries every game to be called great.

3. Post
    Galent wrote:
    That was such a ****ed call. That'll lead the news next week.
    if they called that a knock on , then every drop kick from now on would have to be a knock on, it doesnt say in the rule book that a drop kick has to be directed at the post.

4. Post
    Ken opened up door to be replaced by Beale last night.

Nonetheless I concede that Ken has played well in the other 6 games.

The player who I am targeting more than him to be replaced is Lisone. He just stands still instead of moving up with the line on defence and seems to make bad defensive reads. He was involved with letting through a try in each of the past few weeks.

Vete can have his minutes. He seemed as keen as mustard.

5. Post
    Lord people need to read before they type sometimes.

The times i saw him run the line and put someone on there arse was amazing. At one point pretty sure he shrugged Vaughan off like he was a crusierweight. Having him and Fus on the wing is like having two more 2RF's. they give the big boys more minutes and gas.

Geeling was great, but I always had a feeling a boy of his size would be bundled out when running the short side. Not many people i would replace in that team. I think the bench is better with no back cover imo. 2x FRF and 2x 2RF.

6. Post

I am joshing...

7. Post
    jords wrote:
    Lord people need to read before they type sometimes.

The times i saw him run the line and put someone on there arse was amazing. At one point pretty sure he shrugged Vaughan off like he was a crusierweight. Having him and Fus on the wing is like having two more 2RF's. they give the big boys more minutes and gas.

Geeling was great, but I always had a feeling a boy of his size would be bundled out when running the short side. Not many people i would replace in that team. I think the bench is better with no back cover imo. 2x FRF and 2x 2RF.
    Yeah but to be fair, Gelling was bundled into touch because Sheck passed it to him when he shouldn't have. It was always a nothing play.

8. Post
    What a game, after last week i wasn't sure which way we would go. Was stunned by the performance. That was some quality opposition we were facing who were averaging over 30 points a game and undefeated.

The way we're playing the only real issue is the penalties. How I saw it was we are pushing the limits around penalties at our goal line, especially on early tackles. This has been used by the storm and queensland superbly in previous years. I'm happy to see us do it and think it's part of our amazing goal line d. You give away a penalty on 1st or 2nd tackle in your own 10 and you've basically given away nothing, unless you get carded...

Looks like the refs are well aware of the what the warriors are doing and are watching closely. Fair enough. I think the ref not being more specific to rts' query was a bit poor given a yellow was coming. What I took issue with is that st george are a quality side and use similar tactics. I don't feel like they were under the same level of scrunity. Things changed after half time, I don't know if the refs figured out pinging both teams would ruin the game but they seemed to go with a limited whistle and it made for a great 2nd half.

TLDR: Great game, need to find the right spot for pushing the rules without getting a card.

9. Post
    Great game - New Castle vs Wests

10. Post
    Was a great game but devastating outcome for the Knights with Pearce pec injury could be done for the year or a very significant part of it.

11. Post
    DOGZILLA wrote:
    Was a great game but devastating outcome for the Knights with Pearce pec injury could be done for the year or a very significant part of it.
    Is a pec injury really that serious?

Just needs to do more bench presses and he should be fine.

Nah jokes, no idea about pec injuries.

Someone enlighten me on them

12. Post
    They just take a long time to heal. I don't think there's any sort of surgery to aid it?

13. Post
    Depends.

Tear, Partial tear, rupture, strain.

As they said anywhere from 12 weeks to 12 months.

14. Post
    Hayne is pretty fragile these days...

15. Post
    eels win.

16. Post
    A couple of random points in no particular order

1) Gelling if he goes well against the Storm may play himself into the permanent line up. There were some impressive defensive plays by him on the weekend that have turned heads.

2) I don't think it is a given the Warriors will make the top four or even the top eight. Both the referees and other teams seem to be adapting to our style of play. We had 41% of the possession and 38% of the territory. We won against the odds in that game and the odds will catch up to us.

3) I note that the dragons had many of their victories by a comfortable margin while we were in a dog fight for many of our matches. This also points out to me that unless we become more dominant we could go on a losing skid where other teams do a drop kick to win it with 30 seconds left.

Conclusions

- our first milestone is surpassing the number of wins we had last year
    - I am fine with the mantra don't change a winning team - but the second we start to lose try to look for the optimal combination in centre which may not be Hiku and Kata
    - Drop Lisone

17. Post
    wrighty wrote:

2) I don't think it is a given the Warriors will make the top four or even the top eight. Both the referees and other teams seem to be adapting to our style of play. We had 41% of the possession and 38% of the territory. We won against the odds in that game and the odds will catch up to us.
    Against the best team so far this season. We still won because suddenly our team looks like they give a shit about defending and are fit.
    We won't be on the end of stats like that every game of the season. If we can beat the current best team against all the odds, then we can confident against other sides when the odds are even.
    We played most of the game in our half and then seemed to score at will at their end. We can be pretty confident going forward.

18. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    A couple of random points in no particular order

1) Gelling if he goes well against the Storm may play himself into the permanent line up. There were some impressive defensive plays by him on the weekend that have turned heads.

- I am fine with the mantra don't change a winning team - but the second we start to lose try to look for the optimal combination in centre which may not be Hiku and Kata

- Drop Lisone
    Don't agree with any of this.

Gelling hasn't had enough game time to judge him.
    Kata and Hiku are well established with Fus and Maumalo.
    However I believe Kata will lose his place to Beale.
    I don't think dropping Lisone will do much.
    He effectively won us the raiders game with his two strong charges and set up johnson for the two field goals.