1. Post
    Yep. Interesting to see how much of it comes true.

2. Post
    Fingers crossed!

3. Post
    Godfall (PS5 launch title) trailer.

I think it's a leaked trailer and was not supposed to be shown until the PS5 is unveiled next month lol

4. Post
    Actually looks quite good for a launch title. Typically a lot of launch titles aren't great since a lot of times they have to rush to meet the release date. Looking at you Lair on PS3. But this looks fun at least. And has some nice visuals. This looks like it will be the next-gen Warframe.

Response to the trailer leak from the devs. Apparently its year old PC footage. Cant wait to see what it looks like now then.

Hey everyone! We can confirm that the circulating trailer is year-old PC footage used as part of an internal presentation. We are energized by your excitement and look forward to showing you just how far this game has come. Stay tuned for a more detailed look soon!
    https://twitter.com/PlayGodfall/stat...00721836339200
    Last edited by Valeyard; 22nd January 2020 at 8:04 am.

5. Post
    Some interesting words coming from EA's CEO.

Next gen consoles are a substantial increase in performance. What we've seen will blow people's minds, and what we've been able to accomplish so far. It a going to lead to big innovations not just in our games but the whole industry

6. Post
    Translation. Better surprise mechanics

7. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:
    Translation. Better surprise mechanics
    lots of super adrenaline pumping visual effects for them as well.

8. Post
    PS5 website launched, bugger all there but exciting eh. Looking forward to a reveal Friday.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/ps5/

9. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:
    PS5 website launched, bugger all there but exciting eh. Looking forward to a reveal Friday.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/ps5/
    Wait when did you hear Friday?

10. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Wait when did you hear Friday?
    Also curious as to Friday

11. Post
    I think it assumed, based on earlier in the thread.

12. Post
    Yea the NY event happening 6th, not sure what yankee time so Friday here.

13. Post
    I personally think no. Would be hyped more imo.

14. Post
    Does anyone think the Coronavirus might effect supply and demand at launch of the ps5? The Switch is already being affected in Japan. Wonder if this could be another ps3 situation where they have to do a staggered launch across europe and oceanic?

https://www.engadget.com/2020/02/06/...ch-production/

15. Post
    ^ The Outer Worlds Switch port also delayed

16. Post
    Yea of course it can be affected. I posted this in another thread I'll put it here too:

This virus is having a Major impact on manufacturing and production around the world. This is the price the World pays for putting all it's eggs in the China basket. You've got Apple saying it may not release any new iPhones in 2020 because Foxconn is shutdown until further notice. That's just one company, many others are running into issues too:

Ikea's furniture production is shutdown - once it's stores are out of stock, the stores will close too until manufacturing is back up.

Hyundai and Kia has shutdown car production because most of it's parts come from China which is all shutdown, so it has no parts to build new cars... customers wanting to buy Hyundai/Kia cars will now go onto long waiting lists and Hyundai/Kia dealers may have to fire sales staff in the short term.

Later this year Nvidia and AMD are releasing new graphics cards, most of which is made in China...well if this continues that products either won't launch on time or won't be in stock

I think it will start to calm down once the number of new infected cases flatlines or goes down, but right now it's still climbing every day.

17. Post
    ^Most factories would've been shut down for Chinese new year anyway by the sounds of it

18. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    ^Most factories would've been shut down for Chinese new year anyway by the sounds of it
    Not on this scale. Last I heard it was 50 million people, 15 cities quarantined. They shut down Chinese New Year celebrations, which would've had a huge impact on local economies.

They're cremating estimated 400 bodies a day in Wuhan (according to 4chan autist estimates). People suspected of being sick are being thrown in quarantine camps where they're packed in like sardines, with no toilets and access to medicine.

19. Post
    It's funny in a sense, there are two rules that everyone is taught when it comes to finance, economics and money management.

1) Buy Low, Sell High

&

2) Diversify your investment

And for decades now, companies all around the world have totally ignored rule number 2!
    Last edited by SirGrim; 10th February 2020 at 6:31 am.

20. Post
    They are forced too. No one wants to pay the cost of producing products outside of China. No one being all consumers. Same reason it's hard to find quality hand tools locally. People stopped buying the expensive ones when China flooded the market with trash, consumers stop buying the locally produced stuff so retailers are forced to stop buying them too.

Consumers are to blame and will be the first to complain.

That said. Apple's profit margin on iPhones has to be the highest of all manufacturers. They produce them in China to keep those margins at massive levels. They would still be profitable if they made them in the USA. But why do that when you can keep margins so fat. They could not produce another iPhone for 10 years and still be profitable.

21. Post
    Coming to PS5 and Xbox Series X

Its also coming to PS4 and Xbox One, so it's not a next gen exclusive. I expect for a while most games will be cross gen like this.

22. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    They are forced too. No one wants to pay the cost of producing products outside of China.
    The likes of India and Bangladesh say hi. There's other "developing world" nations where to get away with charging the labourers peanuts.

They could not produce another iPhone for 10 years and still be profitable.
    This is retarded. If they leave a market for 10 years then they're gonna a hard time re-entering and competing in a completely changed landscape.

23. Post
    Bloomberg is reporting some inside financial leaks for the PS5

The news is that Sony execs are struggling to decide how to price the PS5.

It's an expensive machine, the Bill of materials for Sony comes in at $450usd per console.
    The 3 main reasons blamed for the high cost is
    * RAM is expensive with high global demand
    * Nvme SSD flash drives are expensive with high global demand
    * the PS5 cooling system costs several times more expensive to manufacturer than the PS4 pro

Sony is taking a wait and see approach they hope Microsoft reveals their hand first so they can figure out what the price needs to be for the ps5.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...o-costly-parts

Given the high material costs, I'm sure Sony would like to sell it for $550usd but they probably can't due to market forces
    Last edited by SirGrim; 14th February 2020 at 7:50 pm.

24. Post
    Well that pretty much confirms I wont be getting one at launch. We could be looking at close to 1k here in NZ if they do go $500. Ps3 all over again.

25. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Well that pretty much confirms I wont be getting one at launch. We could be looking at close to 1k here in NZ if they do go $500. Ps3 all over again.
    Well there are a couple things worth noting if you read the article.

1) it says that Sony is looking to expand its online services to get more revenue - I can only guess what this means but I suspect they will introduce new tiers of PSN plus with extra features for those who want to pay more.

2) Most games this year will still be released on ps5 and PS4 at the same time - which retains good revenue from game sales for Sony.

The combination of these things means that if required Sony may have less issue this coming generation about subsidies and they may decide to even sell the PS5 at a loss. This is probably why Sony is having a hard time pricing the machine, it's because they can be very flexible on the sale price but they want to make sure it's price is not far away from the Xbox series x.

And lastly, assuming you have a PS4 or pro you can sell it since the ps5 is backwards compatible and that will cover some of the ps5 costs
    Last edited by SirGrim; 15th February 2020 at 5:01 am.