Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 27

  1. Post
    #1

    Halo

    I just played my first Halo game. When the original came out I was fully into Metroid Prime & couldn't get my head around the controls. Twin sticks. Crazy!

    Recently got the Master Chief collection on Xbox & just completed the campaigns for Halo 1, 2 & 3. Wow. I can't overstate how incredible these games are.
    Especially 2. The story fell apart a bit in 3 but 2 is up there with the most enjoyable game I've ever played.

    Not really sure what the point of this post is but I didn't have anyone else to tell. Halo is awesome!

  2. Post
    #2
    Just... Just don't expect much from Halo 5.

    Halo 4 was great. I really enjoyed it. 343i did the best job they could given what they were up against; but boy did they go full ham on Halo 5.

    But before you touch 4 or 5, grab Reach and ODST. Both brilliant games.

    The Halo lore is among the best Sci-Fi stuff out there.

  3. Post
    #3
    4 & 5 are enjoyable but don't really compare to the OG games. Agree with Rii, play ODST and Reach!

  4. Post
    #4
    If you enjoy good single player story, stay away from Halo 5

  5. Post
    #5
    Halo 5 chases its tail. It literally ends the same way it starts with you accomplishing nothing. Playing as Locke most of the time who is a 2D, cardboard character.

    Very pretty, with the usual fun gameplay Halo is known for (aside from the abhorrent team AI), but story progression and monotonous boss battles are aggravating.

  6. Post
    #6
    I love Halo and miss it very much but am not going to buy a non-entity console like Xbox One just for 2 or 3 old games. When Halo 6 finally releases at least it'll be on PC and I'll be able play it Day 1 for $10.99 with a Game Pass sub.

    Halo 4 I felt was a fantastic campaign. I rate it 3rd best game in the series after H1 and Reach.

  7. Post
    #7
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    I love Halo and miss it very much but am not going to buy a non-entity console like Xbox One just for 2 or 3 old games. When Halo 6 finally releases at least it'll be on PC and I'll be able play it Day 1 for $10.99 with a Game Pass sub.

    Halo 4 I felt was a fantastic campaign. I rate it 3rd best game in the series after H1 and Reach.
    Boy you really dislike Xbox eh, we get it. Xbox isn't as big as PS now but does that matter? It'd be really nice if we can curb the constant bashing of it. Its been really bloody nice here for the last wee while without console bashing and wars. Your opinion is certainly valid but I'm pretty sure you've got your point across enough.


    People like what they want, and that's fine

  8. Post
    #8
    ludez wrote:
    Boy you really dislike Xbox eh, we get it. Xbox isn't as big as PS now but does that matter? It'd be really nice if we can curb the constant bashing of it. Its been really bloody nice here for the last wee while without console bashing and wars. Your opinion is certainly valid but I'm pretty sure you've got your point across enough.


    People like what they want, and that's fine
    Yes it does matter. I give criticism because I care about the hobby and want to see it improve for gamers. Nothing will change if there's only Yes Men in the room. Xbox is currently under-serving gamers by giving them little to no 1st party games and the ones which do provide are often of sub-par quality (outside of Forza franchise). Saying nothing when there's clear problems helps nobody. You wanting to censor others from giving feedback means that you're anti-gamer and a corporate slave.

    Being publicly critical works:- gamers got lootboxes removed from Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Shadow of War; the online check-in DRM and Kinect requirement for Xbox One was removed before the 2013 console launch; PC gamers got the mod tools for GTA 4/5 restored; Chinese gamers received proper Mandarin language support in Football Manager; Halo fans were unhappy with the lack local split-screen MP in Halo 5, developer 343 Industries vowed that future Halo games will have that feature.

    That's the last I'll say on the matter here in this thread, now let's get back to discussing Halo. Keep in mind that YOU shat up the thread.

  9. Post
    #9
    EvaUnit02 wrote:

    That's the last I'll say on the matter here in this thread, now let's get back to discussing Halo. Keep in mind that YOU shat up the thread.

  10. Post
    #10
    Thankfully nobody has to buy an Xbox and they can choose to buy a Playstation if they want.

  11. Post
    #11
    wait wut, why are we talking about playstation in a halo thread

  12. Post
    #12
    I think most of the Halo campaigns are over rated - come at me bros

    Aside from Halo 4, that is a top tier shooter

  13. Post
    #13
    Cheers guys. ODST & Reach are next on the list. Enjoying the Halo channel too. I can't help think how life would've been different if I'd discovered this in 2002.
    I got completely immersed in the Mass Effect universe & think this would be the same

  14. Post
    #14
    Take me back to early 2000s Halo 1 & 2 lans. FFA, capture the flag, rockets/snipers only. So good.

  15. Post
    #15
    I remember as a apology over the MP being all over the show for the masterchief collection they put on the ODST campaign for a short time. Can't remember if it's still there or not.

  16. Post
    #16
    WarZoner wrote:
    I remember as a apology over the MP being all over the show for the masterchief collection they put on the ODST campaign for a short time. Can't remember if it's still there or not.
    It's there as DLC

  17. Post
    #17
    koldz wrote:
    I think most of the Halo campaigns are over rated - come at me bros

    Aside from Halo 4, that is a top tier shooter
    What difficulty setting/s did you play on? The campaigns are very different going from Normal to Heroic and Legendary.

  18. Post
    #18
    darryn wrote:
    Cheers guys. ODST & Reach are next on the list. Enjoying the Halo channel too. I can't help think how life would've been different if I'd discovered this in 2002.
    I got completely immersed in the Mass Effect universe & think this would be the same
    Man life would have been SO different.

    Back when Civic Video was a thing we rented an Xbox with halo + an extra controller and not long after that, my dad bought as an OG Xbox, was our first console game we played online and since then have always had a soft spot for halo (no matter what the general population thinks about it!)

    Hype train always goes at full speed with anything Halo FPS related (Halo Wars/ Spartan Assault were okay) comes out!

    Kinda in the same boat as you, if I was into Mass Effect when that came out I wonder how I would be today. I was a bit young and more into the FPS/fast paced/non-rpg games and only finished ME2 last year

  19. Post
    #19
    The Master Chief Collection was such a great idea. Halo 1 and 2 are completely new games when played on the XB1. Halo 3 could use an update though.

  20. Post
    #20
    koldz wrote:
    I think most of the Halo campaigns are over rated - come at me bros

    Aside from Halo 4, that is a top tier shooter
    Agreed, 1 and Reach was good but 2, 3, 4 and 5 are off the rails. 2's in particular was really bad - are we really supposed to believe that the humans, who got over a dozen of their planets glassed in multiple mass-genocides, are supposed to team up with the covenant just because some myserious flood-thing (gravemind) with bugger all screen-time in the game ordered them to?

    Halo 2's MP was even worse, it all boiled down to who could pick up the PR/SMG dual-wield combo, every single round and with the crazy-small TTK on those weapons + grenades doing about as much damage as party-poppers, there wasn't much you could do to counter it.

    But hey, don't take my word on how shit Halo 2's MP was, take Bungie's

    However, unlike the first Halo, Halo 2 was the subject of a significant backlash. Though its introduction of online multiplayer was hailed by critics, many critiqued its short single-player campaign. One subject of particular ire was the game's lackluster ending, which featured a not-so-climactic duel with a Brute chief before an abrupt final cinematic that all but screamed "sequel."

    As it turns out, many staffers at Halo 2 developer Bungie agree with the criticisms leveled at the game. Writer and Bungie.net weekly update author Frank O'Connor admitted that Halo 2's finale was lackluster. "We drove off [a cliff] Thelma & Louise style," he told the British game magazine Edge. "The trick is to avoid...writing by committee."

    Bungie engineer Chris Butcher was blunter in his assessment. "We had about four to five weeks to polish Halo at the end...[but] we had none of that for Halo 2," he told the magazine. "We miscalculated, we screwed up, we came down to the wire and we just lost all of that. So Halo 2 is far less than it could and should be in many ways because of that. It kills me to think of it."

    Butcher was even critical of Halo 2's multiplayer element. "Even the multiplayer experience for Halo 2 is a pale shadow of what it could and should have been if we had gotten the timing of our schedule right," he said "I ****ing cannot play Halo 2 multiplayer. I cannot do it."

  21. Post
    #21
    I'm still not OK with the Flood's origin. Well, it's pretty cool up until the point we ate Precursor remains which then morphed us into the Flood.

  22. Post
    #22
    Reach > all

  23. Post
    #23
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    Agreed, 1 and Reach was good but 2, 3, 4 and 5 are off the rails. 2's in particular was really bad - are we really supposed to believe that the humans, who got over a dozen of their planets glassed in multiple mass-genocides, are supposed to team up with the covenant just because some myserious flood-thing (gravemind) with bugger all screen-time in the game ordered them to?

    Halo 2's MP was even worse, it all boiled down to who could pick up the PR/SMG dual-wield combo, every single round and with the crazy-small TTK on those weapons + grenades doing about as much damage as party-poppers, there wasn't much you could do to counter it.

    But hey, don't take my word on how shit Halo 2's MP was, take Bungie's
    The ending of Halo2 was not much of an issue in the MCC as you can jump straight into 3.

  24. Post
    #24
    darryn wrote:
    The ending of Halo2 was not much of an issue in the MCC as you can jump straight into 3.
    Sure, but most of Halo 3's story revolved trying to fix the broken patchwork of Halo 2's story. Unfortunately, no spade is big enough to fill in those massive plotholes.

  25. Post
    #25
    The terminals in the MCC Halo 2 flesh out the story nicely. They are also on the Halo channel if you need a refresher.