1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    haha that didnt take long, PUBG just got ported to mobile and now fortnite is following

3. Post
    cross play on a game like this, blaaaaahhhhh, it shouldn't even allow K&M on console..

Hilariously, Sony has allowed cross play and cross progression between PlayStation 4, PC, Mac, iOS and eventually Android... but not Xbox One.
    So Xbox can only play Xbox users? I would prefer only PS users on a game like this, seems more hilarious if its up to Sony to not allow Xbox to play with PC/Mac/ other devices or is it up to these other devices too select between PS4 / Xbox users?

Before it was MS who didn't want PS users so Devs went with cross-play with PC/PS, was great for MMO's, some F2P titles like WarThunder. I'm against letting most titles have cross-play, I prefer console for pretty obvious reasons if games were allowed cross platform play no matter the title, I might as well ditch consoles & just play the games on my PC for the advantage.

4. Post
    The whole xbox exclusive sharing sucks.
    If you use your account on an xbox, it completely blocks your ability to use that account to play on any other platform.
    It was a good thing I looked into it before installing as few guys from work play on xbox, and it would have locked me out of playing the PC version on my account.

5. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    haha that didnt take long, PUBG just got ported to mobile and now fortnite is following
    How the hell can they get PUBG to run decently on mobile when it still runs like crap on PC lol

6. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    How the hell can they get PUBG to run decently on mobile when it still runs like crap on PC lol
    The graphics look much worse, probably worse than low settings on a pc and the game only runs decently if you have a razer phone, most other phones including a S9 it can drop frames a bit

7. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Because, the PC version is an overly generalized, bloated implementation - IMHO.

Just sad really... PC industry needs another id or something.

8. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    The graphics look much worse, probably worse than low settings on a pc and the game only runs decently if you have a razer phone, most other phones including a S9 it can drop frames a bit
    You might be surprised how bad Fortnite looks (and runs) on a low-end PC.

We tried running it on a laptop once (i7-U5500, 16GB, R7 M265+2GB), because friends were over and wanted to play squad.
    Even after we turned _everything_ down (including lowest resolution), the game was basically a slideshow - that looked butt ugly, and played worse.

Admittedly, the aforementioned laptop is not exactly a gaming Adonis in the PC universe.
    But, hardware-wise it obliterates most (if not all) mobile devices .

I'm guessing Fortnite on a modern phone would look and play significantly better.

9. Post
    Fortnite on console looks really harsh compared to PC. It looks like the contrast has been turned up to 11 in an attempt to drown out some of the detail. Really muddy.

10. Post
    Rii wrote:
    Fortnite on console looks really harsh compared to PC. It looks like the contrast has been turned up to 11 in an attempt to drown out some of the detail. Really muddy.
    Interesting.

Playing it on a PS4 (not pro), obviously not as good as our mid-range gaming PC, but the graphics (and gameplay in particular) seemed fine.
    Friend came over, who'd recently purchased one of the "gaming" PCs from Harvey Norman (guessing it was an entry-level unit, maybe GTX 1050 or lesser GPU). He'd never seen Fortnite on a PS4 (let alone Pro) before, and immediately noted how good the graphics were and how smooth everything was compared to his rig.

Personally, I wouldn't mind checking it out on a 1X.

11. Post
    shadermodel4 wrote:
    Interesting.

Playing it on a PS4 (not pro), obviously not as good as our mid-range gaming PC, but the graphics (and gameplay in particular) seemed fine.
    Friend came over, who'd recently purchased one of the "gaming" PCs from Harvey Norman (guessing it was an entry-level unit, maybe GTX 1050 or lesser GPU). He'd never seen Fortnite on a PS4 (let alone Pro) before, and immediately noted how good the graphics were and how smooth everything was compared to his rig.

Personally, I wouldn't mind checking it out on a 1X.
    Its bloody nice at 4k 60 on my 1x. Runs butter smooth

12. Post
    it runs smooth on all consoles now due to the 60fps option, just the graphics that will differ

meanwhile, PUBG will never run at 60fps on anything that isn't a PC