Results 1 to 11 of 11

  1. Post
    #1

    Fortnite...anyone got a spare standard edition? (from super deluxe or limited ed)

    Hi guys,

    As above. I am loathe to buy before I have spent a bit of time playing as often get burnt with games (e/g. the latest being RS2 Vietnam which was $100 and amazingly shite) so thought id ask if anyone has a spare standard edition key that they think they'll never use....

    will pass the good deed on somehow...

  2. Post
    #2
    The PvE isn't really worth the price imo, I'd just wait till it actually releases and is F2P. Even with friends, we played for about a week before moving on, way too repetitive, and I don't see it improving much since their focus seems to be on the battle royale mode!

  3. Post
    #3
    Ah serious! Dam lol

  4. Post
    #4
    Equity wrote:
    As above. I am loathe to buy before I have spent a bit of time playing as often get burnt with game (e/g. the latest being RS2 Vietnam which was $100 and amazingly shite)
    LOL, really? I got RS2 in a $20ish Humble Bundle a couple months ago.

    Deathbat wrote:
    and I don't see it improving much since their focus seems to be on the battle royale mode!
    This. Battle Royale mode is what's making them money, not PvE Horde mode stuff with zombies/tower defense/etc.

    The BR mode is genuine F2P AFAIK, not Pay 2 win like the PvE.

  5. Post
    #5
    EvaUnit02 wrote:

    The BR mode is genuine F2P
    orly....?


  6. Post
    #6
    Deathbat wrote:
    The PvE isn't really worth the price imo, I'd just wait till it actually releases and is F2P. Even with friends, we played for about a week before moving on, way too repetitive, and I don't see it improving much since their focus seems to be on the battle royale mode!
    I dont think so tbh. Still playing it with a mate since Feb last year. It's changed a lot.

  7. Post
    #7
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    LOL, really? I got RS2 in a $20ish Humble Bundle a couple months ago.

    This. Battle Royale mode is what's making them money, not PvE Horde mode stuff with zombies/tower defense/etc.

    The BR mode is genuine F2P AFAIK, not Pay 2 win like the PvE.
    You understand PVE is what made them the money to make BR? People were dropping thousands in PVE.

  8. Post
    #8
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    LOL, really? I got RS2 in a $20ish Humble Bundle a couple months ago..
    I bought it on release - might not have paid 100 but it was pretty close. Played about 5 hours and just hate it lol. Abit short on cash this month so dont wanna end up with another unplayed game! lol.

  9. Post
    #9
    It will probably be 50% off again very soon with the new season of Battle Royale starting today.

  10. Post
    #10
    MysticNZ wrote:
    You understand PVE is what made them the money to make BR? People were dropping thousands in PVE.
    Show us the receipts. It's Epic, their core business is licensing graphics engines.

    BR is what's bringing in millions of players. Next to nobody was talking about Fortnite before BR mode was introduced.


    Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk

  11. Post
    #11
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Show us the receipts. It's Epic, their core business is licensing graphics engines.

    BR is what's bringing in millions of players. Next to nobody was talking about Fortnite before BR mode was introduced.


    Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk
    Yep, I downloaded the closed beta when it had no BR mode, pretty much deleted it within a minute.