Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Don't mind not flying everywhere but as a filthy casual player, the thought of grinding for new races makes me sad :'(

2. Post
    It kinda makes sense as a requirement to unlock them before BfA but if they don't remove the requirement once people have better things to do again it's going to cause some rage

3. Post
    Yeah I guess it makes sense, if it's still there on release I'll be sad. Usually sub for a month or two on new xpac and just level a new race/class and play through the story bits which i find enjoyable.

@all: Is there any reason to pre purchase if you havent done the rep things yet?

4. Post
    ^^have to say i second this comment

5. Post
    +1 to subbing for a month or two at a time. I didn't play for the whole of 2017 and came back in Jan and did most from Nighthold on in no time at all. Even the flying requirements weren't that much of a grind.

6. Post
    Pulley wrote:
    Man I did the grind and hated it, but it feels good seeing plebs who can't fly.
    I haven't logged in for several months, though I'm going to soon like I keep saying.
    My question: Is it a colossal gankfest of the fliers jumping down onto the noobs trying to do WQ? I remember toward the end of WoD you were having a laugh trying to run around without a flying mount.

Deathbat wrote:
    @all: Is there any reason to pre purchase if you havent done the rep things yet?
    You shouldn't pre purchase any game ever. What if for some reason you're unable to play? It doesn't really apply to WoW, but with other games, what if they turn out to be shit and you've already handed over your money?

You wouldn't prepay to see a movie, you'd wait until it comes out, check the reviews, make your decision, and be in the exact same position as if you'd paid the theatre 2 months ago. It's just a way for game companies to borrow money off their customers for 0% interest (which is a big deal in the millions) and to give them less incentive to do a good job.

7. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    I haven't logged in for several months, though I'm going to soon like I keep saying.
    My question: Is it a colossal gankfest of the fliers jumping down onto the noobs trying to do WQ? I remember toward the end of WoD you were having a laugh trying to run around without a flying mount.
    Nah not really. Only got jumped in a PVP WQ area once when I was a fresh 110.

Disclaimer: I have since unsubbed.

8. Post
    Was it a PvP server?

Surely the WQ areas would be pretty rough on a PvP server if some ****er can just hover above waiting (like I used to do). Like a hawk picking off stray rabbits.

9. Post
    Yeah Jubeithos.

I guess people have better shit to do like other WQs than hang around. Don't get me wrong, there was times where people would camp such as the transport portal things in Antorus and just roll anyone that pops out but the whole flying thing for WQ I didn't find an issue at all.

Also just because people can't fly, doesn't mean they aren't geared and do not know how to pvp.

10. Post
    Got an invite to the friends and family alpha this morning - dont think I'll try it until release though

11. Post
    For the first time ever, I got invited to a Warcraft Beta. If anyone wants me to look up / test something, let me know.

12. Post
    sorceror wrote:
    Got an invite to the friends and family alpha this morning - dont think I'll try it until release though
    wat

teelo7 wrote:
    For the first time ever, I got invited to a Warcraft Beta. If anyone wants me to look up / test something, let me know.
    How did you get the invite?

Try and find out some of the stories, ie. spoilers.

13. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    wat

How did you get the invite?

Try and find out some of the stories, ie. spoilers.
    Lots of placeholder items for the storyline at the moment.

14. Post
    Usually wow beta has lots of missing content and many cutscenes aren’t in either until full release

15. Post
    Also got invite, ages since I played but last month my friends made me check it out again, my times even expired

16. Post
    I probably wouldn't bother with a beta anyway. I usually only level twice per expansion these days so I may as well do it on live.

I've enjoyed watching the raid previews though.

17. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    wat
    i've had an active wow account since release, perks for giving them thousands of dollars over this time i guess

18. Post
    sorceror wrote:
    i've had an active wow account since release, perks for giving them thousands of dollars over this time i guess
    I always considered myself pretty dedicated (just over 200 days played) but I've taken plenty of ~6 month breaks when nothing much was happening.

Have you actually played non stop for 14 years or did you just buy time way in advance and couldn't pause your account when you weren't playing?

19. Post
    i've gone 6months+ without playing, it's just a small expense so i cbf stopping it. plus i think they deserve it - it's still the best game i've ever played.

20. Post
    Any PvPers heading into BFA? Looking for arena/BG/world partners. Still undecided whether to take my druid or hunter forward; a beta invite would be awesome right about now.

21. Post
    sorceror wrote:
    i've gone 6months+ without playing, it's just a small expense so i cbf stopping it. plus i think they deserve it - it's still the best game i've ever played.
    Still about $150. It's a small expense when you're actually playing.