Results 1 to 19 of 19

  1. Post

    Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

    Read article...

  2. Post
    #2
    Hmmmmmm

  3. Post
    #3
    Bit cheeky hosting the original video on-site and putting your own watermark on it without a link to the original over at https://labo.nintendo.com/

  4. Post
    #4
    I skip all videos hosted on GP

  5. Post
    #5
    KnightNZ wrote:
    Bit cheeky hosting the original video on-site and putting your own watermark on it without a link to the original over at https://labo.nintendo.com/
    You worried we are depriving them of 50c of ad revenue? Thank god someone is standing up for the little guy

    In all seriousness, Nintendo sent us that video to host, so I'm pretty sure they're fine with it

  6. Post
    #6
    This is an new all time low for gaming. I'm sure they will sell though because adult Nintendo fanboys are like bronies, damaged people.


  7. Post
    #7
    Lol, I have no idea why people would get so mad about a product aimed at kids to combine physical art & craft with gaming. I would have been all over this as a child!
    Last edited by Feliz; 19th January 2018 at 12:52 am.

  8. Post
    #8
    Feliz wrote:
    Lol, I have no idea why people would get so mad about a product aimed at kids to combine physical art & craft with gaming. I would have been all over this as a child!
    Lol, because it's adults that are gonna be forking over the $120+ (!!!) for them bits of cardboard!

  9. Post
    #9
    haha wtf is this -

  10. Post
    #10
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    This is an new all time low for gaming. I'm sure they will sell though because adult Nintendo fanboys are like bronies, damaged people.

    Who cares? I'm an adult Nintendo "fanboy" and I'm not interested. Looks maybe interesting if I had a kid... though then I'd probably get them some k'nex or something.

    Why the extreme drama? "All time low!", are you the comic guy from the Simpsons?

  11. Post
    #11
    leopardsqueezy wrote:
    Lol, because it's adults that are gonna be forking over the $120+ (!!!) for them bits of cardboard!
    You realise there is a game cartridge in there too, and due to the NZ Nintendo tax that's at least $80 of that package, making the cardboard kits $20-$40. Still high, but not as absurd as you're suggesting.

  12. Post
    #12
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    This is an new all time low for gaming. I'm sure they will sell though because adult Nintendo fanboys are like bronies, damaged people.
    overreaction

    noun
    noun: overreaction; plural noun: overreactions; noun: over-reaction; plural noun: over-reactions
    a more emotional or forcible response than is justified.

    see also:
    EvaUnit02 post history

  13. Post
    #13
    silvereye wrote:
    Who cares? I'm an adult Nintendo "fanboy" and I'm not interested. Looks maybe interesting if I had a kid... though then I'd probably get them some k'nex or something.

    Why the extreme drama? "All time low!", are you the comic guy from the Simpsons?
    Haha I called Eva the Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons a little while ago too. Funny coincidence.

    Didn't you know that: Eva's world + life experience = all that matters

  14. Post
    #14
    Additionally it's been speculated based on the "falling down man" bit of the trailer that it appears to show using a basic programming system to control or read from the joycon sensors for making your own cardboard toy things, which would be fantastic for getting kids into programming and creating!

    But hey, all time low in gaming, right?
    Last edited by Feliz; 19th January 2018 at 5:25 pm.

  15. Post
    #15
    All I can think of when I see that name is the spanish word "labio" ("lip" - both types). I think I've contracted Tormenta.

    ROFL at Eva getting upset when he's not the target audience - it's clearly aimed primarily at kids. Also the "maker" movement is pretty sizeable and seems to be growing, I think Nintendo have noticed that and are trying to get a piece of the action.

    On a related note, remember when Weetbix boxes used to have models printed on them that you could cut out and assemble?
    Last edited by Inkling; 20th January 2018 at 9:31 am.

  16. Post
    #16
    Those were the best, I remember making a space shuttle and a Mainfreight truck

  17. Post
    #17
    Inkling wrote:
    On a related note, remember when Weetbix boxes used to have models printed on them that you could cut out and assemble?
    Haha, yeah. I built more than a few trucks.

  18. Post
    #18
    Inkling wrote:
    All I can think of when I see that name is the spanish word "labio" ("lip" - both types). I think I've contracted Tormenta
    That also occurred to me. Then I wondered how do they actually pronounce it, Lab-o or Lay-bo or even Lah-bo?

    In any event this is gon flop

  19. Post
    #19
    Tormenta wrote:
    That also occurred to me. Then I wondered how do they actually pronounce it, Lab-o or Lay-bo or even Lah-bo?

    In any event this is gon flop
    It would be Rabo (ish) no 'L' sound as english has really - bit of a tongue flick and you have Rabo like Raboratory but then not really any 'R' as in english either lol in between them then - Laboratory. But yeah have not seen it at all here yet {Osaka}.