1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    I would have liked a demon souls remaster, but I can understand FROM would want to target the largest market first and demon souls could only ever be a PS4 exclusive where as the Dark Souls games can be launched on any platform

Hopefully now that they've exhausted the Dark Souls series, then can look at doing a Demon Souls remaster for the PS4

It's going to be good playing at 60fps without physics problems - this is because this remaster is running on the Dark Souls 3 engine, so expect pretty much the same performance and graphics as that game has on PC

Dunno if its mentioned in the gp article as i cant read it - but couple other bits of info I could find on Soft's website

* The RRP is $40usd, so its not a full price game, good move!
    * The game is running on the Dark Souls 3 engine - expect similar graphics and performance
    * The game comes with all DLC and new features are being added to the multiplayer (this probably means it will have the same feature set as Dark Souls 3 does)
    * PS4 is getting an exclusive special edition box set - this box set contains the entire Dark Souls series for PS4 and some extra special items, it looks really cool but very high price

I believe this RRP translates to around $400usd

Last edited by SirGrim; 12th January 2018 at 7:48 am.

3. Post
    DS1 was one of my favorite games of all time but unfortunately rushed my way through the end by using the OP as hell Crystal Shield before it was nerfed, which I kept my PS3 offline to avoid the patch. It was a race to beat the game before our son was born. Perfect time to play it through legit!

I don't have any 4K capabilities so will probably grab on Switch to play on the go / lunchbreaks at work.

4. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    I would have liked a demon souls remaster, but I can understand FROM would want to target the largest market first and demon souls could only ever be a PS4 exclusive where as the Dark Souls games can be launched on any platform

Hopefully now that they've exhausted the Dark Souls series, then can look at doing a Demon Souls remaster for the PS4

It's going to be good playing at 60fps without physics problems - this is because this remaster is running on the Dark Souls 3 engine, so expect pretty much the same performance and graphics as that game has on PC

Dunno if its mentioned in the gp article as i cant read it - but couple other bits of info I could find on Soft's website

* The RRP is $40usd, so its not a full price game, good move!
    * The game is running on the Dark Souls 3 engine - expect similar graphics and performance
    * The game comes with all DLC and new features are being added to the multiplayer (this probably means it will have the same feature set as Dark Souls 3 does)
    * PS4 is getting an exclusive special edition box set - this box set contains the entire Dark Souls series for PS4 and some extra special items, it looks really cool but very high price

I believe this RRP translates to around $400usd

can't find the source right now, but read something about 3 games being remastered using the DS3 engine, now we can exclude DS3 from that since DS3 already uses the DS3 engine so demon is the only other game that can be the 3rd game unless sony is loosening the reigns on BB

5. Post
    dont think 2 is remastered, according to the soft page its just scholar of the first sin which is already out

http://www.darksouls.jp/remastered/trilogybox.html

also doesnt make commercial sense to remaster it again since it would only be available to those who purchase this $400 limited edition box set
    Last edited by SirGrim; 12th January 2018 at 12:27 pm.

6. Post
    I hope there's new enemy placement or more enemies.