1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Congrats HZD easily the best looking game on any system including pc

3. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Congrats HZD easily the best looking game on any system including pc
    easily the best? Its stunning to be sure, but Hellblade, Destiny 2, Battlefront 2, Total Warhammer II, and even the 2 year old Witcher 3 might have something to say about it being easily the best looking.

4. Post
    Played most of those they can’t match the lighting and art style it’s something else to me it’s easily better looking than Witcher 3

5. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Played most of those they can’t match the lighting and art style it’s something else to me it’s easily better looking than Witcher 3
    Uncharted 4

6. Post
    I'm more amazed that Rise of the Tomb Raider beat Witcher 3 in 2015?!

7. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    I'm more amazed that Rise of the Tomb Raider beat Witcher 3 in 2015?!
    You mean Fallout 4? RotTR was 3rd.
    There is no way that Fallout 4 should have won in my mind. It's not even close.

8. Post
    Bloody hell, you're right. Fallout 4?!?! At least Rise of the Tomb Raider was engaging.

9. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    FO4 is ok for a couple weeks but lose interest in it very fast.
    RotTR has a way more interesting story that you can quite easily do a replay of.
    And of course TW3 you can spend months playing/replaying it and do things different each time, pretty clear to me this should of won in 2015.

This year it was way harder to decide as I had some absolute top notch games but I'll still have to go with NieR. PoE (PS4 edition) is still on my to play list but I very highly suspect it will pass NieR for me.

10. Post
    Fallout 4 was by no means a poor game. In fact, it was above average. It was however very derivative, formulaic, and by the numbers.

11. Post
    I had way more fun playing Fallout 4 than Witcher 3, so I voted for the former that year.

Mind you Witcher 3 was an unpolished, janky turd with crappy UI and dreadful character tank-like movement at launch which put a real sour taste in my mouth at the time. I hear it's much better now after a dozen or so patches.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 24th December 2017 at 4:48 pm.

12. Post
    Man 2014 was a weird year.

13. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    And Bloodborne, still the best game in PS4 history, isn't even in the top 3 for 2015. Sad times.

14. Post
    Celticknife wrote:
    And Bloodborne, still the best game in PS4 history, isn't even in the top 3 for 2015. Sad times.
    Thats a big call, one I strongly disagree with, but that's opinions for you.

15. Post
    I would give best game to last of us on ps4 if it wasn’t a remake, so in that case I agree zbloodborne is the best ps4 game I’ve played

16. Post
    Currently playing Zelda atm, so my vote would probably swing that way.
    HZD was very good as well however.
    Only played PUBG early on, and it was a buggy unoptimized piece of turd.

17. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    Man 2014 was a weird year.
    Far Cry 4 was released in 2014, one of the best games of the generation.

18. Post
    No surprises there. What I am surprised about is that Dragon Age won best game in 2014? I didn't realise it was THAT good.

19. Post
    it was a pretty good game for its time

20. Post
    I saw a bunch of them at Cash Converters for $10, I might have to pick one up.

21. Post
    2017 - terrible year for gaming...

F4 beat W3? Impossible

22. Post
    spfun wrote:
    2017 - terrible year for gaming...

F4 beat W3? Impossible
    2017 was a fantastic year, just because you only play some small niche which may have sucked doesn't mean every genre is bad - as a gamer who plays just about everything that comes out apart from RTS games 2017 has been a good year

as of this moment I'm playing assassins creed origins, a game which is more fun than witcher 3, after that I'll be playing Prey, a game which Digital Foundry said was the 2nd best game in 2017 and a real successor to system shock (and I respect that team)

and at some point I still want to play Persona 5, a game on PS4 which is rated as one of the best rpg's released in years

Not to mention at some point this year I'll buy a switch to play Mario and Zelda games that released in 2017 year, again games which look incredibly fun and received much praise

to just put a blanket statement "2017 - terrible year for gaming" just shows you have terrible tastes

EvaUnit02 wrote:
    I had way more fun playing Fallout 4 than Witcher 3, so I voted for the former that year.

Mind you Witcher 3 was an unpolished, janky turd with crappy UI and dreadful character tank-like movement at launch which put a real sour taste in my mouth at the time. I hear it's much better now after a dozen or so patches.
    After 5 patches, AC:Origins is really good on ps4 now, framerate is now pretty much locked to 30 and hundreds and hundreds of bugs have been fixed across all platforms, it really pays to wait to play games, especially these large open world games that often ship with a shit load of issues - I know its hard to stay away from the day 1 hype train, but I've never regretted waiting a couple months before playing a single player game, the experience only gets better