1. Post
    Shit graphics. Looks legit.

Also, I demand horse armour

2. Post
    I thought the graphics looked great, each to their own I guess.

So much to take in on this one, looks pretty deep and well designed for a medium sized team over only 2 years: shows what can be done when it's a passion project.

My only concerns are pretty smallfry really:

1) Please let us holster our weapon on the base ship....walking around with a gun out on your own ship? Na bol, not that one.

2) Something about the shooting looks a bit stiff, like there's no aim assist whatsoever (which is fine obviously for KB+M, but controller feels shit in FPS without a little at least). I could be wrong, but it's got that stiff no magnetism look to the shooting; hopefully it's optional and turned off or whatever. I reiterate, aim assist is essential for the feel of a console or pc with controller shooter, and feel is super important (much like how the first person shooting outside of VATS in NV felt stiff, and was fixed in Fallout 4 with proper AA...probably the only area 4 improved upon NV in).

Hey is a mod able to change the thread title to reflect the name of the game now too?

3. Post
    Some low res graphics, the design looks interesting and colorful.

4. Post
    Low res? You can tell from a woefully compressed 1080p YouTube video? You have a gift.

5. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    You have a gift.
    Thanks, gameplay is what matters though.

6. Post
    |icED-e@RtH| wrote:
    Thanks, gameplay is what matters though.
    Very true. Pretties are nice though.

7. Post
    I thought it looked good.

8. Post
    I thought the character models looked dated, with some kinda weird lip sync, the rest great though

9. Post
    Personally I thought it was an art direction choice. They're not going for realistic. The whole game is really stylised, but each to their own. I was impressed with every thing I saw.

:edit: I take that back. I think the faces are pretty damn great. Still only YouTube with their awful compression, but these are impressive I think. Some of the best I've seen.

Last edited by ChrisB; 9th December 2018 at 10:44 pm.

10. Post
    Fair, it just reminded me far too much of FO4 in that one regard and gave me bad feelies. Mixed in with a bit of that dead-inside look that ME Andromeda characters gave lol

11. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    Fair, it just reminded me far too much of FO4 in that one regard and gave me bad feelies. Mixed in with a bit of that dead-inside look that ME Andromeda characters gave lol
    Put the art assets out of your mind and look at those dialogue prompts. This is far removed from Fallout 4.

Name:  Capturessssssssssssss.JPG
Views: 202
Size:  84.2 KB

12. Post
    Yep sure is, that's why I'm only talking about this one aspect that I didn't like the look of

13. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    Yep sure is, that's why I'm only talking about this one aspect that I didn't like the look of
    Yeah, I hear ya. The uncanny valley thing can be an issue. In some ways the shitty graphics in the GameBryo/Creation Engine games actually helps in that regard. They're really not realistic so you see them more as cartoons. Will be interesting to see how these feel.
    As long as the voice acting is good, the animation smooth, the the dialogue options deep I think I'll be more than happy.

14. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Put the art assets out of your mind and look at those dialogue prompts. This is far removed from Fallout 4.

Name:  Capturessssssssssssss.JPG
Views: 202
Size:  84.2 KB
    I haven't looked at all the screens but I saw this one or one like it early on and yeah that was me sold.

I really missed that in FO4.

15. Post
    So sexy seeing multiple dialogue choices that are very reminiscent of the amazingness that was in NV....

16. Post
    Gesellschaft wrote:
    lmfao

17. Post
    They could do it with the New Vegas engine and I'd still be interested.

I'm really looking forward to this.

18. Post
    Makes you wonder how many great Fallout games there might've been if Interplay never sold the IP off to Bethesda & they were all developed by Obsidian/Black Isle

19. Post
    Fallout: Brotherhood of steel 2 would have been ace

20. Post
    lol ok excluding BoS and Tactics lol

21. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Makes you wonder how many great Fallout games there might've been if Interplay never sold the IP off to Bethesda & they were all developed by Obsidian/Black Isle
    By that point nothing. The Interplay that sold Fallout was not the one that published it. Black Isle had long since gone. Brian ****wit Fargo ran Interplay into the ground years before, and not even severe action being taken in the wake of his pivot to console and the over burdening of his limited development resources could save it.

Bethesda was the wrong developer for the series imo but they had the money. They've never made choice driven narrative RPGs, so it was an unfortunate purchase imo. They made some great games, but they were very different from what Fallout was, even when you ignore the change in perspective and to real time. They make big dumb fun open worlds and that was never what Fallout was outside of a few superficial similarities.

22. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    By that point nothing. The Interplay that sold Fallout was not the one that published it. Black Isle had long since gone. Brian ****wit Fargo ran Interplay into the ground years before, and not even severe action being taken in the wake of his pivot to console and the over burdening of his limited development resources could save it.
    Cool thx for the summary. I now recall there was some drama that led to the demise of Interplay but totally forgot all the details.

23. Post
    This actually looks cool. I get a bioshock meets fallout with a hint of borderlands. Count me in for when this releases.

24. Post
    ChrisB wrote:

Bethesda was the wrong developer for the series imo but they had the money. They've never made choice driven narrative RPGs, so it was an unfortunate purchase imo. They made some great games, but they were very different from what Fallout was, even when you ignore the change in perspective and to real time. They make big dumb fun open worlds and that was never what Fallout was outside of a few superficial similarities.
    Yeah, i remember being disappointed when it went to Bethesda..and after seeing what they've done to it, i was right to be.

25. Post
    The flaws system looks amazing for that risk/reward style of roleplaying - so good.

Anyone else think the gunplay looks a bit wooden at the moment though? like it's hitscan for sure, the recoil/look isn't quite there yet I reckon...lucky there's time to work on it (delay as muuuuch as you want Obsidian, better to do it right out of the box!). Defo no aim magnitism at the moment as well, which makes for wish-washy looking gunplay.

Also: Holstering of Guns confirmed by an Obsidian community manager http://i.imgur.com/5hQabDw.png - thank the maker!
    Last edited by IST; 12th December 2018 at 1:05 am.