Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Fallout 1 & 2 spiritual successor? - Obsidian RPG by FO co-creators Cain/Boyarsky

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ivate-division
    Obsidian are developing a new RPG for Private Division, Take-Two's new "double A" indie publishing imprint geared towards more nimble, medium-sized teams where developers get to keep their IP. Think along the lines of Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice in terms game scope and budget.

Fallout co-creators Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky are heading up the project so there's a good chance that they're working on a Fallout 1 & 2 spiritual successor new IP game.

I'm happy that Obsidian is now in a place now where they don't have to rely upon crowdfunding.

2. Post
    Awesome - in the meantime if people haven't played Wasteland 2 - man it's HUGE! Has a few annoyances - but generally a mega solid game and cool story.

3. Post
    Eldon wrote:
    Awesome - in the meantime if people haven't played Wasteland 2 - man it's HUGE! Has a few annoyances - but generally a mega solid game and cool story.
    Awesomeness, this is on my next few games to play list too - either Eva or Chris B gifted me this a while ago, whichever of you top chaps did: I thank you in advance! XOXO.

In other news, this label sounds great - bring on a turn based spiritual successor for F1/F2 for sure!

4. Post
    I'm hoping that whatever they are developing is indeed a spiritual successor to Fallout 1 & 2, though I wouldn't be disappointed if it was something akin to a Fallout New Vegas spiritual successor either (as extremely unlikely as that would be.)

But whatever the case, as long as it has a post apoc (or near future/sci fi) setting then I'll definitely buy it.

5. Post

6. Post
    Ahh proper dialogue options. Looks amazing.

7. Post
    Oh hell yeah

8. Post
    I just realised that Boyarsky and Cain last worked together on Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Troika rides again.

EDIT:
    Worthy of note. “No microtransactions, of any kind, in our game,” say Obsidian, following partnership with Take-Two

9. Post
    Max hype boys

10. Post
    Keeeeeeeeen.

11. Post
    Yeah this looks awesome. Looks like Fallout New Vegas style gameplay in an entire new setting. Obviously need to see more but that's the vibe I got.

12. Post
    There is so much wrong in this thread tittle, but the trailer looks pretty good.

13. Post
    mintyOnion wrote:
    There is so much wrong in this thread tittle
    It's an old thread from when the game was announced but nothing was revealed about it.

14. Post
    wow they really decided to make a borderlands that ditches the cel shading lol

15. Post
    Gesellschaft wrote:
    wow they really decided to make a borderlands that ditches the cel shading lol
    I got Borderlands meets New Vegas meets Bioshock vibes from that.

3 things I love, and made by Fallout's original pedigree...delicious as ****.

Hurro gameplay.

I see a lot of NV in here, and a dabble of Troika niceness (VtMB quirk style humor yuss).

16. Post
    Re-skinned New Vegas in No Man's Land world. I'm not so keen anymore.

17. Post

18. Post
    mintyOnion wrote:
    Sometimes I cannot tell if you're trolling or not. I hope its trolling because the other option is concerning.

19. Post
    mintyOnion wrote:
    That sounds amazing to me....the PC Gamer interview is dope too, this is all reading like a bit of a **** you to Bethesda also...

....which feels fitting considering the disrespect they've shown the once amazing franchise with 76.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

20. Post
    Looks awesome, day one, pre ordered, canvas bag!

21. Post
    mintyOnion wrote:
    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 121
Size:  280.5 KB

22. Post
    I'm already picturing the mods.

Space slaves and nudity mods ahoy week 1

23. Post
    1. Full dialogue options, no simplified dialogue wheel, skill checks during dialogue, no voiced protagonist putting restrains on game writers' malleability for player choices... I missed games like these.

2. Outer Worlds = play on Borderlands, teeheehee.

mintyOnion wrote:
    Not sure if hyperbole or stupid.

24. Post
    Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas are the only Fallout games I like; so definitely interested.