Page 1 of 6 1234 ... Last

1. Post

Cyberpunk 2077 - CD Projekt RED says it won't ship incomplete (or something)

It's a pretty broad statement but still cool news, brah.

It's sad that we in a climate where a game company promising to treat its customers fairly is viewed as a selling point worthy of note.

https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/sta...24394541314055
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard03dd.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	166.5 KB 
ID:	219918

2. Post
    Very true, but also good that they are front footing it.

3. Post
    Every company is trying to cash in on EA's PR stunt, where's the rolleyes emoji?

4. Post
    lets wit until they show something before we celebrate, still some ways to go before this even gets close to release

5. Post
    I trust CDPR more than any other dev/publisher on the planet (except maybe, Larian), so I not worried brah

6. Post
    does not take much to get the fanboi hype restarted does it?

7. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    does not take much to get the fanboi hype restarted does it?
    Nope.

8. Post
    That's literally my favourite gaming news by far this year.

Cheeky Polish bastards, toying with my RPG boner as they do

9. Post
    Considering it is only 12 days into this year... I'm not sure if you find the news impressive/good or if it is just sarcasm?

10. Post
    Nerin wrote:
    Considering it is only 12 days into this year... I'm not sure if you find the news impressive/good or if it is just sarcasm?
    It didn't have much in the way of competition so far, so it's still winning.

Dark Souls remaster is close though.

11. Post
    They opened a new server to assist with development. Cool beans.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/cd-pr...yberpunk-2077/
    CD PROJEKT RED, developers of Cyberpunk 2077, The Witcher and GWENT, announced that it will open a new division — CD PROJEKT RED Wroclaw. Located in the city of Wroclaw, south-western Poland, the new studio will join forces with CD PROJEKT RED Warsaw and Cracow, and bolster development of Cyberpunk 2077 — the upcoming futuristic AAA role-playing game.
    CDPR have teased that they'll be at E3.
    It has now been confirmed that CD Projekt RED will be attending E3 2018 in June. Tickets for E3 2018 are now available and the organizers behind the event have also released a list of “participating companies” which includes the Cyberpunk 2077 developer. The annual industry event, which fans and media watch closely each year, is where gameplay and information of the world’s biggest games is shown off.

12. Post
    Man I hope this scratches my Mass Effect / Deus Ex Cyberpunk / Sci Fi RPG itch.

13. Post
    It might be a PS5 or PS4/PS5 cross-gen title.

It's really, really likely that there'll be a E3 reveal.

14. Post
    Should I be worried about the multiplayer chatter around this game? I want dat immersive SP experience yo.

15. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    Should I be worried about the multiplayer chatter around this game? I want dat immersive SP experience yo.
    "CD Projeckt talks SINGLE PLAYER FOCUS".

16. Post
    Talk is cheap bruh

17. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    Talk is cheap bruh
    I'm disgusted by your cynical attitude. Their last game totes turned out like the E3 trailer.

18. Post
    mintyOnion wrote:
    I'm disgusted by your cynical attitude. Their last game totes turned out like the E3 trailer.
    if you mean visually stunning, and literally the open world RPG by which all other are judged then yes it certainly did.
    Of course you could be referring to the vertical slice of an unfinished unoptimized game, but I would hope you're not daft enough to use that ignorant reasoning.

I've yet to be disappointed by CDPR, so I remain hopeful, leaning towards trusting. I mean its not like it's Todd talking up a vapid TES or tepid Fallout interpretation. With outright lies about advanced visuals, and ground-breaking mechanics, or revolutionary RPG elements.

19. Post
    I thought the wagon wheel of death that was the dialogue system in Fallout 4 was revolutionary. Literally.

20. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    I thought the wagon wheel of death that was the dialogue system in Fallout 4 was revolutionary. Literally.
    LOL! I modded that our as soon as I could. Not that it helped the depth on conversation options, but at least it felt better. Bethesda makes some of the worst RPGs in the market. Great worlds, absolutely awful mechanics.

21. Post
    Interestingly I was looking around for word on what the next "mystery" Beth project was, and found a recent quote from the Toddster about how they were happy with all of their game elements except characters and character interaction, and that they didn't want to get too far into developing TES6 until they had radically improved their character systems. So I think it's something they're quite aware they do poorly. Whether they can actually solve the problem remains to be seen.

22. Post
    I will always remain hopeful they can improve those areas. Morrowind is one of the most enjoyable games I've played, but also the last time they really concentrated on NPCs and character stories/interactions. Sadly as they moved on to console, or more accurately moved to a more "cinematic" approach they lost an important part of the experience for me. Which is why I think I dislike Oblivion as much as I do. For anyone introduced to TES by Oblivion, they no doubt saw something very different than I (and likely a lot of old prick like me) did. They moved leaps and bounds when it comes to world interactivity and exploration, but their character interactions have seemed to go in the opposite direction.

I hope that games like The Witcher 3, and Divinity Original Sin 2 help Beth, and other Devs to see that complex stories need not be sacrificed in order to provide a large and open play space.

I live on the hope that they can somehow recapture the magic of Morrowind, and to a lesser degree Daggerfall whilst still delivering an open-world epic that people love them for. Sadly Fallout 4 was a backslide imo after some nice gains were made in Skyrim.

23. Post
    To be fair to Fallout 4, part of my distaste with that game is my over familiarity with that hideous gaming engine they use. You know the engine is ancient when it needs a loading screen to load a room in a building that also required a loading screen to enter. Loading screen inception.

24. Post
    Much like Star Citizen, which I hope I can play at least before I'm 40 in 2020, I'm all good waiting on CDPR to deliver the goods with Cyberpunk 2077.

I reckon we'll get more than we expect at E3 from the game....snippets of gameplay, cinematics and just enough to really push hype into the next level. TW3 released in May, so I'm thinking the same will go for this for some reason, May 2019 for some sweet, sweet Cyberpunk 2077 RPG delights.

Also avoiding the open world behemoth that is RDR2 will be a factor me thinks.... god damn there's some dope games on the way lads