A thread to discuss how Jacinda will make NZ Choice again

Thread Rating: 11 votes, 3.73 average.
(11 votes)
Results 7,276 to 7,300 of 7458

1. Post
    I still don't understand why so many homes were built in Wanaka of all places.

2. Post
    So many? I thought it was like 10

3. Post
    Galent wrote:
    I still don't understand why so many homes were built in Wanaka of all places.
    Presumably because Wanaka has a dearth of affordable housing, but people on lower wages still need to live there.

4. Post
    sorceror wrote:
    So many? I thought it was like 10
    Sorry, I thought it was a lot more. I think it was 200+ planned for the Queenstown Lakes District.
    Edward Diego wrote:
    Presumably because Wanaka has a dearth of affordable housing, but people on lower wages still need to live there.
    Fair point but It's a bit odd only 7 out of 10 have sold so far this year.

5. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    It's really really really bad down there. Friends have had to check out of a camp ground or motel. Check in to a new one and then get to work every fortnight as they have time limits on how long you can book a room for

6. Post
    Mr sika wrote:
    It's really really really bad down there. Friends have had to check out of a camp ground or motel. Check in to a new one and then get to work every fortnight as they have time limits on how long you can book a room for
    That would definitely make me find work elsewhere if I could.

7. Post
    frio wrote:
    Old crooked ****ing Winston. ****.
    They all are. Our two main parties are in ****ing bed with china.

8. Post
    Th3WhiteKnight wrote:
    That would definitely make me find work elsewhere if I could.
    Yeah they are up in the North Island now.

It's a beautiful place but I think I'd rather go there for holidays or work close by. Not worth the hassle really.
    MXRecord wrote:
    They all are. Our two main parties are in ****ing bed with china.
    Can we rename ourselves to the Peoples Republic of Oceania already. Jacinda can pull her usual trick of getting someone else to write the constitution. Oh, I know. The USSR has one.

9. Post
    gg NZ Police, delving to new levels of incompetence never seen before.

10. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Linky:

11. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Nothing surprises me anymore with them.

12. Post
    I'm not sure there's a new level of incompetence, rather than just a continuous level of incompetence. I'm sure the registry is going to be impervious to leaks. Titanic 2

13. Post
    Yikes..

14. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    you talking about that arrest with them using the rifles or something else?

15. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    you talking about that arrest with them using the rifles or something else?
    The data breach from the confiscation.

16. Post
    Since my email earlier today, you may have seen media pick up on the issue following us going public and blowing the whistle on what is a major data leak from the Police.

We can now confirm that the firearm database breach has revealed that 37,125 owners have registered 280,000 individual newly prohibited items. Information made available includes full contact details, firearm licence number and bank address details.

Since my last email, the Police originally tried to downplay the significance of the leak telling media that the system had been taken offline immediately because of a “potential privacy breach”. They told media that “Immediately upon being made aware of the issue (the data breach) the platform was closed down…”

But that’s not true. At least one of the people who called to tell us of the open accessibility, had first called Police to report it.

When COLFO tested by logging in to the insecure portal it was still open, even though the issues had been raised. We know it was long enough to make the “immediately” claim incorrect.

In response to the Police’s claims, we released screenshot images of the leak (with private information redacted) and more information as our lawyers worked to verify the reports we were receiving about the extent of the problem. We reported on the supporter who had found records of 280,000 notifications.

We did not deliberately drip-feed information. We were working carefully to verify what we said. We were not prepared to make allegations without checking.

Shortly after noon today the Police announced a stand-up media briefing for 2pm. But just before 2pm it was cancelled. It will now be at 5pm.

We think the reason is simple. We had released more facts to the media in the meantime. We suspect that they made it impossible for the Police to run the earlier line they had planned (that there was “nothing to see here”).

Our legal and political advisors in Wellington say that our update almost certainly sent the the Police back to their media bunkers. They would no longer be able to dismiss our concerns.

This quick response effort would not have been possible without people like you chipping-in to the cause. The events of today make an absolute mockery of earlier claims by the Police to the Select Committee that they could be trusted to keep a firearm registry secure.

We’ll keep you informed.

17. Post
    Vulcan (and many others) predicted this 10 years ago lmao it was only a matter of time

18. Post
    pretty suspicious that COLFO is involved tbh

19. Post
    sorceror wrote:
    How is it that an organisation representing firearm owners reporting on data breaches suspicious?
    Are you having a tin foil hat moment?

20. Post
    sorceror wrote:

Want to explain why it is suspicious that license holders who find a dats breach during a complete goat **** of a process they have been forced to carry out, have informed colfo of said data breach, which is an organization they are a member of?

That's the stupidest implication of heard in ages.

21. Post
    dunno about you but informing a lobby group is not the first thing that pops into my head when i find a massive PII breach. there are proper channels for this stuff.

22. Post
    sorceror wrote:
    dunno about you but informing a lobby group is not the first thing that pops into my head when i find a massive PII breach. there are proper channels for this stuff.
    Read Nasty Kiwis’ post again. You’ll see that the police were already informed of the breach before COLFO heard about it. That they announced that it had been “ Immediately upon being made aware of the issue (the data breach) the platform was closed down…”

And still outsiders were able to access the information. This is a colossal F**k up and shows how incompetent the whole affair has been.

23. Post
    sorceror wrote:
    So you'd rather the carpet meet the broom?

24. Post
    What a clusterfucc.

25. Post
    and to think for the registry they want owners to provide information on how and where the firearms and ammo are secured.