A thread to discuss how Jacinda will make NZ Choice again

Thread Rating: 11 votes, 3.73 average.
(11 votes)
Results 6,676 to 6,700 of 6737

1. Post
    1 Nasty Kiwi wrote:
    Really? Didn't happen to me when I enlisted, or when I got my comission. So I'm calling bullshit right there.
    Mate it does happen. I saw it on Full Metal Jacket.

2. Post
    WeenieBeenie wrote:
    Mate it does happen. I saw it on Full Metal Jacket.
    Giggle, snort.

3. Post
    holocaust wrote:
    Let's be fair, Jacinda will not survive the next election.
    Her focus hasn't been on the economy at all.
    Rather just riling up us gun owners.
    Many gun owners/hunters are actually pretty okay with the ban.

4. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    You've been watching too many fudds on the lugen press.

5. Post
    Mr sika wrote:
    You've been watching too many fudds on the lugen press.
    state of it

6. Post
    Mr sika wrote:
    lugen press.
    lol ok

7. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    Yes to an extent. Many were until they realised that their shotguns that carry more than 5 rounds or their antique 22's that hold more than 10 rounds were illegal just like the bad black guns. And then also realised that this way just the beginning of further gun reform that will affect all gun owners.

8. Post
    kierbear wrote:
    yeah my school didn't send me to foreign countries to destablize them and then take their resources under the guise of "protecting freedoms", which basically no western soldier has actually fought to do in like.... 70 years now?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...eping_missions

9. Post
    swazi wrote:
    Yes to an extent. Many were until they realised that their shotguns that carry more than 5 rounds or their antique 22's that hold more than 10 rounds were illegal just like the bad black guns. And then also realised that this way just the beginning of further gun reform that will affect all gun owners.
    ****, now they'll have to take their buyback money down to gun shop and get one that only holds five rounds.

10. Post
    GaR wrote:
    ****, now they'll have to take their buyback money down to gun shop and get one that only holds five rounds.
    Missing the point. Its like the government forcing you to hand in your sentra and telling you that you can have a mountain bike instead because your sentra is too fast.

11. Post
    More apt would be it's like the government forces a bunch of adolescents to hand in their high output sports cars because they're wrapping them round poles and other people, and makes them get Sentras.

12. Post
    holocaust wrote:
    Let's be fair, Jacinda will not survive the next election.
    Her focus hasn't been on the economy at all.
    Rather just riling up us gun owners.
    There was a large amount of economic consideration with the buyback. The intention was all the pretend soldiers could take the money from their boomsticks and the time they're not spending going "pew pew pew" and channel that into something economically productive.

Jokes on her though sounds like that freed up times getting spent being blouses on the internet.

13. Post
    tbh trading in a $5k sentra for a $5k MTB sounds ****ing sick

14. Post
    frio wrote:
    tbh trading in a $5k sentra for a $5k MTB sounds ****ing sick
    Except it would be 70% of that 5k. Maybe even 30% if it's in poor condition

15. Post
    Except... didn't you get paid *more* than you paid for your shit? maybe I could get a $6k MTB

16. Post
    It's a silly comparison anyway. Downsizing from a higher capacity firearm to a lower capacity one isn't comparable to trading a motor vehicle for a bicycle.

Maybe if you had to sell your gun and you could only buy a slingshot or something.

17. Post
    I did. Most people won't however.

18. Post
    I was listening to this before, and didn't realize it was over a year old, still relevant.
    An interesting listen on addressing the frustrations with the law and policing surrounding NZ firearms.
    Last edited by Pxndx; 14th August 2019 at 7:25 am.

19. Post
    swazi wrote:
    Missing the point. Its like the government forcing you to hand in your sentra and telling you that you can have a mountain bike instead because your sentra is too fast.
    My Sentra is the bolt action .22 of race cars. This is even shitter than the usual attempts to use cars as an analogy in this discussion.

20. Post
    BattleCrap wrote:
    But does that imply turning a blind eye to innocent people overseas needing protection, a military would be required to help them. (or that country having its own good police force which they may not have) . How do we help these people?

I will be the first to agree that often military intervention's results in such scenarios in the past have had mixed results (to put it lightly) , but that doesnt mean the notion of helping people overseas is benched. Sometimes the threat to said innocents consists of actively violent enemies, it's possible a military can be for the greater good.

I do like the ideal but I don't think it should be up to individual countries (or individual country armies) to police the world - there is way too much conflict of interest as we have seen time and time again - and that's before you even look at the corporate interests which also have massive influences; just look at who owns the Iraqi oil fields these days.

21. Post
    1 Nasty Kiwi wrote:
    Really? Didn't happen to me when I enlisted, or when I got my comission. So I'm calling bullshit right there.

Well actually I'm agnostic, so more bullshit
    Not surprising you don't get it tbh. Literally all the worst things that have ever been done in the history of the world were committed by armies (and ultimately the politicians/kings that control them) - no matter how you coat it, you are a part of that.

Looking at it from solely a NZ perspective is very one eyed.

22. Post
    mikedrop69 wrote:
    There was a large amount of economic consideration with the buyback. The intention was all the pretend soldiers could take the money from their boomsticks and the time they're not spending going "pew pew pew" and channel that into something economically productive.

Jokes on her though sounds like that freed up times getting spent being blouses on the internet.
    Haha. No their wasn't. They spent 6 hours and ignored the KPMG report. Total cost will be over a billion dollars.

But seeing as your entire post is condescending bullshit and ignorance, you really don't have much credibility anyway

23. Post
    sorceror wrote:
    Not surprising you don't get it tbh. Literally all the worst things that have ever been done in the history of the world were committed by armies (and ultimately the politicians/kings that control them) - no matter how you coat it, you are a part of that.

Looking at it from solely a NZ perspective is very one eyed.
    Yeah, looking at it from a new Zealand perspective, in a thread about new Zealand is one eyed. Good one champ.

24. Post
    Oh so the NZDF is squeaky clean?

25. Post
    No body is squeaky clean so ban everything including banning, ya dingus.