1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Cancelled my monthly. Easy decision.

3. Post
    Ams wrote:
    Cancelled my monthly. Easy decision.
    I wonder if many others have done the same?

What was your reasoning for cancelling?

4. Post
    Ign

5. Post
    I didn't even know IGN was still around

6. Post
    Kaabaz wrote:
    I wonder if many others have done the same?

What was your reasoning for cancelling?
    Not a fan of IGN, not a fan of the muddying of the waters, and just generally wasn't feeling it anymore. I'm no soap-boxer but quitting felt like the best response.

7. Post
    This seems like a bad idea PR wise but I don't even really have a good reason.

8. Post
    Seems self defeating to miss out on good deals because you dislike owners who are saying they will have no part in its operations. Sure if they start changing things you can argue against the change but otherwise a good deal is a good deal.

9. Post
    Not to mention the... you know... charity bit.

10. Post
    Nerin wrote:
    Not to mention the... you know... charity bit.
    That's what I was thinking. If they say this will let them earn more money for charity then we should be supporting it, as long as they don't start making radical changes in favour of IGN.

11. Post
    Like selling them your steam / bnet data if you had your accounts linked?

12. Post
    I liked the Humble Bundle guys, and have subscribed for a while now. These changes go against what I would want - so as the Humble guys got theirs I am simply ending my subscription. Over the many months I have been subscribed I really didn't get much I wanted/enjoyed but remained subscribed because I liked the 'product' and the team. That has changed so I quit - no need to over analyse this.
    You do you.

13. Post
    My guess is more advertising on site, links to IGN content on each game - especially reviews - are going to be the outcome.

I haven't been subscribed, so that changes how I look at it. Certainly anything I buy I'll be dropping any of the money going to Humble itself and that difference can go to charity on top of what I would have given anyway. That's my recourse to not being happy about the purchase.

14. Post
    Ams wrote:
    I liked the Humble Bundle guys, and have subscribed for a while now. These changes go against what I would want - so as the Humble guys got theirs I am simply ending my subscription. Over the many months I have been subscribed I really didn't get much I wanted/enjoyed but remained subscribed because I liked the 'product' and the team. That has changed so I quit - no need to over analyse this.
    You do you.
    Thanks. But that message is contradictory. Me doing me is me questioning people about their decisions.

For instance, you say that you liked the product and the team... the product is unchanged. The team is the same. Yet you claim it has changed.

I'm curious as to how you reached the conclusion that the team or the product changed. The facts don't seem to support that conclusion. It looks more like you are letting your bias against IGN do your decision making, rather than, you know, reality.

What changes are there?

15. Post
    canceled as well and wrote to them to why

to me HB was a charitable org and IGN ownership would clash with its fundamental values in terms of advertising, bias etc.