Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

Middle Earth: Shadow of War

Hey anyone else picked up this game yet?

I've been playing this for a wee while. So far it's fun, has a bigger environment than the first game but still fun slicing up orcs and causing mayhem. However I think it's a bit easier than the first game as I've been killing captains at a way higher level than me without too much fuss.

And that microtransaction thing that everyone was going on about. It's barely there as you gain heaps of experience in the main game. It's only there as a option if you want to level up without playing thru the game.

It's pretty much more of the same as the first game just minus the annoying slow mo name chanting that the first game was known for.

2. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    And that microtransaction thing that everyone was going on about. It's barely there as you gain heaps of experience in the main game. It's only there as a option if you want to level up without playing thru the game.
    Apparently it's the end game where these become an issue: it's either grind (or play, depending on your outlook) through 30-40 hours of repetitive content with no story advancement to see the final cutscene, or pay to speed things up and get there quicker.

3. Post
    Ahh I see that's why, Looks like I'll be grinding away at the game for a while

4. Post
    I am looking forward to this, but will stick with my earlier lootbox/credit card cheat codes rant and wait for a decent steam sale/second hand ps4 option.

5. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    Ahh I see that's why, Looks like I'll be grinding away at the game for a while
    Yeah same here, just wanna see for myself what the grind is like. I'm guessing for many people it'll be no probs: put on some tunes, slice up another 1000 orcs, repeat the next day

6. Post
    I will never purchase this game. Really wanted to check it out as I adored the first one, but I can not support this sort of bullshit in AAA full price titles.

This it not the way to try and improve profits in an industry where the average production budget increases year on year, but there is massive resistance to a general sticker price increase.

I have no solution, I just know this is not an acceptable one.

7. Post
    Not really that hyped for this even though I liked the first one. Just looks like more of the same plus I couldn't stand the sticky parkor system from the first game where'd youd be sticking to walls & shit by accident and jumping to the wrong ledges etc

8. Post
    Caffeine wrote:
    I am looking forward to this, but will stick with my earlier lootbox/credit card cheat codes rant and wait for a decent steam sale/second hand ps4 option.
    ChrisB wrote:
    I will never purchase this game. Really wanted to check it out as I adored the first one, but I can not support this sort of bullshit in AAA full price titles.
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Not really that hyped for this even though I liked the first one. Just looks like more of the same ....
    I'm wavering between these three states .....

9. Post
    It's been a long time but do cheats/trainers still exist? Can you hack the game to give you what $$$ of DLC would give you or does Denuvo prevent that?

10. Post
    brand wrote:
    It's been a long time but do cheats/trainers still exist? Can you hack the game to give you what $$$ of DLC would give you or does Denuvo prevent that?
    It has been a long time for me too but I'd imagine that would require a crack and the loss of any online functionality.

Konami Code: UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT B A
    Warner Bros Code: 4999 1234 5678 9101 exp 01/20 $9.99

11. Post
    i was about to buy it yesterday but then i saw all the bullshit with the expansion passes, they are asking for close to 170$ for the full game (not counting any micro transactions down the track).

**** that.

and then i see it's been cracked day 1.

12. Post
    will buy when its on sale, got too much else to play

13. Post
    I'd prefer to play it later anyway after it has had a few patches - I'll pick it up in a sale with the DLC.

Like others, I'm not short of other games to play. Not to mention plenty of TV shows to watch as well.

14. Post
    wel actually thts a good point as well, even if you dont care about price, its better to buy a game later because with patches it becomes a more complete package

15. Post
    I waited till the first one was $15, that was about its real value, even with the DLC. I'll wait on this one too.

16. Post
    Yep sale bucket for me too.

17. Post
    Wait for sale

18. Post
    KaskadeNZ wrote:
    I waited till the first one was $15, that was about its real value, even with the DLC. I'll wait on this one too.
    while the first game was good, this does look more or less just the same thing on new maps, yes its got a couple gameplay mechanic changes but its still pretty similiar and I couldn't justify full price either

19. Post
    Loved the first game.
    Assassins creed with orcs? Yes please

In saying that im going to wait until I can get a bundle pack for cheap.
    Destiny 2 & a few t.v. shows are eating my limited free time

20. Post
    loved the first game but i bought that on sale like 2 years (?) later on a 80% sale? will probably do the same for this and likely use a trainer or cheat code to ease the grind out. With so many other games to play ( i am still been uanble to find time to finish my XCOM2 new expansion plus Warhammer 2 total war plus Divinity Original Sin 2.. etc etc

21. Post
    It runs and looks pretty good on the ps4 pro, apparently to DF. All console versions pretty much look the same apart from the xbox one with softer shadows than the PS4 version and also if you want 4K cinematics, you gotta dive into the add-ons section in the PS store. (thankfully it's free to download)

22. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    It runs and looks pretty good on the ps4 pro, apparently to DF. All console versions pretty much look the same apart from the xbox one with softer shadows than the PS4 version and also if you want 4K cinematics, you gotta dive into the add-ons section in the PS store. (thankfully it's free to download)
    Apparently the install size is 98GB with the 4K content accounting for about 35GB.

23. Post
    Game was gifted to me, played about 20 hours now.

So far the negativity around microtransactions 100% appears to be uneducated band wagon hate ChrisB. I understand I haven't reached this 'final cut scene' business yet.

These loot boxes feel absolutely no different than the free loot box systems in Overwatch or Heroes of the Storm, I feel zero incentive to spend real money but I have ENDLESS amounts of in game currency and nothing but loot boxes to use them on so I don't really see the problem? If anything in game currency is too easy to obtain, there's no point in using $ at all so far.

Feels like a competent sequel with an extra loot mechanic. I'm fine with that.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

24. Post
    iRoN wrote:
    Game was gifted to me, played about 20 hours now.

So far the negativity around microtransactions 100% appears to be uneducated band wagon hate ChrisB. I understand I haven't reached this 'final cut scene' business yet.
    I have played slightly less that you, but my situation is the same: I have heaps of money and loot boxes have not been an issue.

But again: they become an issue at the end, not before that.

It's becoming clearer that loot boxes aren't going away. I wish they weren't a thing, but they make too much money for publishers to ignore 'em. That sucks and I really hope I'm wrong, but I can't see it changing.

So for me the equation becomes: "how egregious are loot boxes in this game?".

I get the feeling that for Shadow of War, I'll play 99% of the campaign then ditch it when the grind sets in. It's dumb that I'll have to watch the final cutscene on YouTube rather than in-game, but yeah, not gonna spend money to see it that's for sure

Loot boxes, man. THANKS CAPITALISM

25. Post
    Pickle Rick wrote:
    I have played slightly less that you, but my situation is the same: I have heaps of money and loot boxes have not been an issue.

But again: they become an issue at the end, not before that.

It's becoming clearer that loot boxes aren't going away. I wish they weren't a thing, but they make too much money for publishers to ignore 'em. That sucks and I really hope I'm wrong, but I can't see it changing.

So for me the equation becomes: "how egregious are loot boxes in this game?".

I get the feeling that for Shadow of War, I'll play 99% of the campaign then ditch it when the grind sets in. It's dumb that I'll have to watch the final cutscene on YouTube rather than in-game, but yeah, not gonna spend money to see it that's for sure

Loot boxes, man. THANKS CAPITALISM
    I guess I'll have to wait till the end, but since when is it "new" that a specific cut scene or ending takes extra game time to achieve?

Games with multiple endings based on how much work you've done have been around and critically acclaimed for quite some time.

The only difference appears to be the option of $ to skip in place of breaking the EULA (via trainers etc) to skip?

Is that what we're upset with, the notion that you've been given an option?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk