A thread to discuss how ****ed up America is. (No Posts About The Wall)

Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average.
(7 votes)
Results 9,701 to 9,725 of 10047

  1. Post
    Come to West Auckland if you think Welfare Queens don't exist. Shit I know one personally (albeit a guy)

  2. Post
    bradc wrote:
    Hmm. I saw a documentary called Glow that had a welfare queen on it.

  3. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    Come to West Auckland if you think Welfare Queens don't exist. Shit I know one personally (albeit a guy)
    Or porirua.

  4. Post
    > no abortion
    > no free contraception
    > **** welfare queens



    Is the guiding principle here "if you're poor you must never ****"?

  5. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    Come to West Auckland if you think Welfare Queens don't exist. Shit I know one personally (albeit a guy)
    That's a cool anecdote, welfare fraud is still astronomically dwarfed by tax evasion.

    frio wrote:
    > no abortion
    > no free contraception
    > **** welfare queens



    Is the guiding principle here "if you're poor you must never ****"?
    Yes, conservatives consider poverty to be a moral failure rather than a failure on the part of all of their policies, and those moral failures should be punished, according to them.

  6. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    Come to West Auckland if you think Welfare Queens don't exist. Shit I know one personally (albeit a guy)
    We don't need to know how you spend your allowance.

  7. Post
    bradc wrote:
    We don't need to know how you spend your allowance.
    Like.jpg

  8. Post
    @ Kierbear
    Yeah because all conservatives think exactly the same.

  9. Post
    I don't know that what conservatives do can be called thinking, so you got me there.

  10. Post
    kierbear wrote:
    I don't know that what conservatives do can be called thinking, so you got me there.
    After the Nick Sandmann incident and how a number of regular posters here even after that full video came out still blamed him and none of the actual adults i said to myself this thread is a waste of my time. I came back and you reminded me i was right.

  11. Post
    kierbear wrote:
    I don't know that what conservatives do can be called thinking, so you got me there.
    "Emotionally charged stream of consciousness masquerading as insight" is a bit too long.

  12. Post
    griefmaker wrote:
    After the Nick Sandmann incident and how a number of regular posters here even after that full video came out still blamed him and none of the actual adults i said to myself this thread is a waste of my time. I came back and you reminded me i was right.
    Good riddance

  13. Post
    MXRecord wrote:
    ****ing lol at this thread.
    there's hardly ever a dull moment in GP.

  14. Post
    griefmaker wrote:
    After the Nick Sandmann incident and how a number of regular posters here even after that full video came out still blamed him and none of the actual adults i said to myself this thread is a waste of my time. I came back and you reminded me i was right.
    Yeah that was abit messed up I posted the full video and people still thought he was in the wrong.

  15. Post
    frio wrote:
    Is the guiding principle here "if you're poor you must never ****"?
    i think their principle is that they they can go **** themselves


  16. Post
    Ah this is more like the America we can probably all agree too dislike.
    A cop trying to violate the civil liberty's of an African American.

  17. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    Comparing a baby to a cum rag, you guys are seriously messed up.
    Bobs wrote:
    You don't "get rid" of kids. They're not trash. Your views on kids is quite disturbing.
    They're not "kids" or "babies" you ****in' rube. They're little blobs of cells, just like any other number of bits you can scratch or wipe off yourself.

    Thunderstorm wrote:
    1. Regarding this abortion debate, I don't get why its so hard for people to organise condoms? If people don't want to have babies why not use condoms to prevent the problem from happening in the first place? its really not hard.
    It's hard if you've never even been taught about condoms because of the local political policy. Donald Trump is pretty big on cutting funding to family planning which isn't just abortions, it's birth control and sex education as well.

    The order of most teen pregnancies in US states runs almost exactly opposite to the amount of sex education the kids are allowed by the old men that control the school boards and funding.

    To be fair, you're right though. Giving kids condoms and explaining how contraception works makes a huge difference in quality of life.

    Frederick James wrote:
    Ahhh right so kierbear is isavant? If true, I don't think he should be allowed back after the shit he pulled. Actually, I can't see him being allowed back by the powers that be, so I doubt it's him.
    I didn't know it was him. I do know he owes me several hundred dollars still.

    Bobs wrote:
    Misleading as usual. Ohio are looking at doing away with insurance coverage of birth control, not "banning" it. It will just have to be bought over the counter like it is done in most countries.
    I thought you were married or at least had some contact with women? You don't "buy it over the counter" in New Zealand, you get a prescription from a Family Planning nurse and then the government pays for it.

    Bobs wrote:
    By the way, before you guys talk dirty about the US perhaps you should take a look at our own abortion laws which are restrictive by western standards (thankfully).
    We've got a wink-wink system where mostly anyone can have an abortion and the powers that be look the other way in exchange for not having to talk about it politically. It's strict on paper, but not in reality ("thankfully"). Some political courage on that issue wouldn't go amiss.

    DW wrote:
    The worst part about debating abortion laws is the people who think where they've drawn the line in the sand as to when its acceptable to terminate is clearly correct and everybody else is a baby murderer or rape enabler. This is possibly the least black and white subject to debate.
    I don't think as a generic voter that it's my business to draw a line in the sand about something that has nothing to do with me. That should be done in private between the women and their doctors.

    There's obviously some limits in there somewhere but I'd rather trust the opinions of the two required doctors and the woman rather than some ****wit Jesus guy.

    Monolith wrote:
    The main issue I have with abortion is that I would not want it to be used as contraception (which is thankfully a rare occurrence as far as I am aware).
    Why would anyone who didn't want to have a kid voluntarily chose the (presumably unpleasant) experience of having an abortion as their first choice? That's absurd.

    If you're in a situation where you need to abort a pregnancy it's kind of irrelevant how you got there, you just need to deal with the situation you're in. Almost certainly it involves being lectured by the nurses about birth control so it doesn't need to happen again. Option 2 is a baby no one wants whose main caregiver is someone who isn't in a good situation to care for them.

  18. Post
    griefmaker wrote:
    After the Nick Sandmann incident and how a number of regular posters here even after that full video came out still blamed him and none of the actual adults i said to myself this thread is a waste of my time. I came back and you reminded me i was right.
    Was that the racist kid attending an anti-abortion ritual or whatever it was? yeah was a real shame when his parents hired a pr firm and he wrote that letter about jesus helping him so everyone forgave him. Plus there was probably a bigger scandal the next week.

    Anyone following the Iran angle? Shit is getting insanely scary especially when you consider most involved are insanely stupid or a lunatic. Sometimes both.

  19. Post
    SL1CKSTA wrote:
    Ah this is more like the America we can probably all agree too dislike.
    A cop trying to violate the civil liberty's of an African American.
    For the first part of that video I thought you were being serious and the cop was going to do something crazy like taze the black guy... then I remembered who you were and what your real race related intentions were. You found a video of an upset black guy with some calm white cops and attached a sarcastic comment to it.

  20. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    They're not "kids" or "babies" you ****in' rube. They're little blobs of cells, just like any other number of bits you can scratch or wipe off yourself.
    I'm guessing for you love is a chemical reaction in the brain

  21. Post
    Timmi wrote:
    I'm guessing for you love is a chemical reaction in the brain
    It is. Every emotion is.

  22. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    For the first part of that video I thought you were being serious and the cop was going to do something crazy like taze the black guy... then I remembered who you were and what your real race related intentions were. You found a video of an upset black guy with some calm white cops and attached a sarcastic comment to it.
    I'm not sure if you understand rights.
    A police officer can not walk on to your section claim to have a warrant for your arrest with no probable cause and demand to see your ID. The police department is investigating these cops they will probably get disciplined over it if the video is accurate.
    Also you seem to have a shit attitude for the sake of others fix it.

  23. Post
    Timmi wrote:
    I'm guessing for you love is a chemical reaction in the brain
    Of course. The obvious example among many is:
    Oxytocin (Oxt) is a peptide hormone and neuropeptide. Oxytocin is normally produced in the hypothalamus and released by the posterior pituitary.[3] It plays a role in social bonding, sexual reproduction, childbirth, and the period after childbirth.[4] Oxytocin is released into the bloodstream as a hormone in response to stretching of the cervix and uterus during labor and with stimulation of the nipples from breastfeeding.[5] This helps with birth, bonding with the baby, and milk production.[5][6]
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxytocin

    I know you were just trying to shame me as being cold but that's a big part of how our brains work.

    SL1CKSTA wrote:
    I'm not sure if you understand rights.
    A police officer can not walk on to your section claim to have a warrant for your arrest with no probable cause and demand to see your ID. The police department is investigating these cops they will probably get disciplined over it if the video is accurate.
    So you posted that video because you wanted to protest against some cop in America who might be trying to arrest the wrong guy and he's being shouted at and then it ends?

  24. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    So you posted that video because you wanted to protest against some cop in America who might be trying to arrest the wrong guy and he's being shouted at and then it ends?
    The police should never steal someones ID with out there consent when they have committed no crime the US is not a police state. I don't understand why you seem to have no appreciation for the seriousness of police violating citizens rights, it makes my blood boil. It might not be violence but its just as bad, its a police officer sworn to protect citizens right showing utter contempt towards this individuals rights.

    I thought this was something that most in this thread could agree on but instead get accused some kind of racist dog while IDK whats wrong with you dude.