1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    What!?

Ok!

3. Post
    If there's one thing I remember, it's "oooh, soft."

4. Post
    ahh sheet, this looks awesome, quite keen to play with the high speed mode - what is the price? i wanted to replay FF X as well but the price is stupidely high on PS4, I aint paying $70 to play a port of a PS2 game

5. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    ahh sheet, this looks awesome, quite keen to play with the high speed mode - what is the price? i wanted to replay FF X as well but the price is stupidely high on PS4, I aint paying $70 to play a port of a PS2 game
    I was lucky enough to pick up a steelbook (preowned) copy of FFX/FFX-2 for $60. It's a well handled port. Very clean, crisp.

6. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    $27 with Plus, $33 without

7. Post
    Caffeine wrote:
    If there's one thing I remember, it's "oooh, soft."
    Yeah, that bit is burnt into my brain as well.

8. Post
    Brilliant!

As for X&X2 remastered, it is cheap every now and then.

https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/...r-ps4/23016262

9. Post
    sirgrim wrote:
    ahh sheet, this looks awesome, quite keen to play with the high speed mode - what is the price? I wanted to replay ff x as well but the price is stupidely high on ps4, i aint paying $70 to play a port of an original playstation game
    ftfy

10. Post
    jords wrote:
    Brilliant!

As for X&X2 remastered, it is cheap every now and then.

https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/...r-ps4/23016262
    "Bro, it's cheap occasionally..." *Price is $49* Jesus, "console tax" upon games is certainly ridiculous. I bought a Steam copy for about $16-20 a month or so ago off Green Man Gaming.

11. Post
    I don't ****ing care.

12. Post
    Not with those unaltered backdrops with updated character models. Looks godawful.

13. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    "Bro, it's cheap occasionally..." *Price is $49* Jesus, "console tax" upon games is certainly ridiculous. I bought a Steam copy for about $16-20 a month or so ago off Green Man Gaming.
    To be fair, it's $33 off NZGameshop or roughly $36 off the USA PSN store, a bit more expensive yeah but still better than $49.

Also the price in GMG is $23US right now, so they're the the same price if we're doing an apples to apples, non-sale comparison https://www.greenmangaming.com/games...2-hd-remaster/

14. Post
    Pretty keen for this. IX has always been my favourite. Hesitant to pay 30 dollars for it though.

Really enjoyed zodiac age, these remasters have been legit.

15. Post
    Bu1ld0g wrote:
    Not with those unaltered backdrops with updated character models. Looks godawful.
    There is no feasible way to update the backgrounds outside of redrawing them.

16. Post
    Rii wrote:
    I was lucky enough to pick up a steelbook (preowned) copy of FFX/FFX-2 for $60. It's a well handled port. Very clean, crisp.
    After they fixed the RNG problem ahahaha

17. Post
    Good old FF!

18. Post
    jords wrote:
    There is no feasible way to update the backgrounds outside of redrawing them.
    Which is exactly what they did with FF X/X-2. This one looks like a lazy cash in using EPSXE.

I do remember reading about high-res redraws that existed but were either destroyed in fire or misplaced.
    Shame they didn't put the effort in. Sadly this is resigned to the bargain bin for me.