Page 1 of 5 1234 ... Last

1. Post

Monster Hunter World

Release date: early 2018. Platform: PS4, Xb1, PC. Targeting 30fps on console.

This looks dope, man. They're supposed to be building this one with Western tastes in mind so hopefully there'll be less of a Asian MMO-esque soulless grind.

ProJared got hands-on experience at E3 and shared his impressions.

2. Post
    Shit yeah I'm keen. Been having MH withdrawals and 3DS version just doesn't do it for me.

3. Post
    In on this. Played quite a bit of Gens on the 3DS and even considering XX on Switch when it releases in August, depending on how I think I'll get on with the lack of English text. (edit: the more I think about it.. probably not.)

Hooray for no more flexing after using a potion.

4. Post
    PS4 Open Beta is now live

Played 1 hour - bear in mind I've only played it because its a free beta and because some people in the dark souls forums were talking about this game, as they did nioh

Unfortunately I don't really like this game or nioh

Overall thoughts: Gameplay is too slow, performance in the beta is naff and as I havent played these games before, does this game have any story at all!?? Voice acting is terrible (better off enabling japanese voice overs and reading text) - and unfortunately the game requires a bit of button mashing on the right side of the controller which is just my personal dis-preference as its rsi inducing

Beta nitpicking thoughts: The brightness and colour settings are hilarious - firstly the colour settings do nothing at all and the game is so bright I have to drop the brightness all the way to its minimum and even then the bright areas of the maps look super washed out and over exposed, just terrible. I reccomend only playing the game in performance mode, the high resolution mode is a slow show, pretty sure its dropping well under 20fps in areas - however performance mode is much better (but the game's graphics also look very bad then) - so half decent performance with bad graphics or good graphics and a slide show, up to you

Just by my own experience and judging, in performance mode its going up to 60fps in select areas (like a small cave), outside areas its somewhere around 40-50 I'd say, during combat drops into 30's or 40's.

Haven't tried multiplayer yet
    Last edited by SirGrim; 10th December 2017 at 10:06 am.

5. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    PS4 Open Beta is now live

awesome, thanks for the heads up.

6. Post
    Monster hunter is amazing, shoo grim :P

7. Post
    couldnt get into amy multiplayer games this morning, it keeps trying to join full lobbies and then proceed to go back to the MP start screen with an error, beta bug I guess

8. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    couldnt get into amy multiplayer games this morning, it keeps trying to join full lobbies and then proceed to go back to the MP start screen with an error, beta bug I guess
    I thought it would be pretty cool to try it, but I've already deleted it.

9. Post
    Played one of each difficulty, no issues match making. Love being able to play a MH title using PS4 controller over the 3DS. Seemed like the overall difficulty might have been lowered a bit for the beta especially given the time limits are half what I'm used to, and tactics for the 3 monsters I was going in on were no trouble.

Was hoping this will be a decent game to play with my regular crew but will wait for reviews closer to the time before I pull the trigger on it. Crafting and loadouts are a huge part of it so will wait to see how that fares (not sure if crafting was available in the beta).

10. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    Played one of each difficulty, no issues match making. Love being able to play a MH title using PS4 controller over the 3DS. Seemed like the overall difficulty might have been lowered a bit for the beta especially given the time limits are half what I'm used to, and tactics for the 3 monsters I was going in on were no trouble.

Was hoping this will be a decent game to play with my regular crew but will wait for reviews closer to the time before I pull the trigger on it. Crafting and loadouts are a huge part of it so will wait to see how that fares (not sure if crafting was available in the beta).
    main reason i'm skipping the beta, will get at release tho. Monster Hunter games always eat hundreds of hours. really looking forward to it.

11. Post
    Drakarth wrote:
    main reason i'm skipping the beta, will get at release tho. Monster Hunter games always eat hundreds of hours. really looking forward to it.
    Should just get gens on 3ds and jam with me

12. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    Should just get gens on 3ds and jam with me
    might do that as well, might have to wait till after the xmas shopping has emptied my wallet and bank account tho.

13. Post
    Monster Hunter: World producer explains PC delay
    In conversation with our sister site GamesRadar, Tsujimoto explained that Monster Hunter: World is the development team's first PC game, and that considerations tied to PC servers and matchmaking have caused the game to be pushed back.

"For the main Monster Hunter game, this is our first PC title and its something we want to make sure we get right," Tsujimoto tells GR. "So rather than have it taking up resources during the console development and not it not being able to have our full attention on it. We want to get console out the door and then were going to take some extra time and try and get the PC version as good as possible.

"There's extra work you need for PC as well. On console you use first party matchmaking, you just kind of plug into it, whether its PSN or Xbox Live, but on PC were going to have to work more to get our own matchmaking working. So, hopefully, PC users wont mind waiting a little bit longer for us to bring you a really great optimised PC experience."
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	giphy.gif 
Views:	139 
Size:	540.4 KB 
ID:	220440

14. Post
    Strange that steam doesn’t offer its own servers and matchmaking tools for devs

15. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Strange that steam doesn’t offer its own servers and matchmaking tools for devs
    Neither does Xbox and Sony. Only first party games use Sony/Xbox servers (not counting games which use Azure, which would have to rented by a company just like how Enterprise customers must do.)

16. Post
    Limited Edition Rathalos PS4 PRO bundle (includes custom console, custom controller and physical game) preorders are up at NZ retailers.
    Edit:
    Last edited by XDee; 17th January 2018 at 3:13 pm.

17. Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	i-b3JXw78-2100x20000.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	585.3 KB 
ID:	220556

18. Post
    Stupid question - where can I find the download link for the beta on the PS Store? I've searched for Monster Hunter World, but it only gives me the option of buying the full game - I can't seem to find the beta! Is it available on the NZ PS Store?

19. Post
    Boring ass game. All you do is follow crumb trails and fight spongy enemies. The core gameplay loop is a tedious bore, I can't see myself grinding for hours to craft l33t gear if I'm not having fun. I'm glad that I bothered to play the beta, this will be a hard skip when it launches on PC later in the year.

• You can't invert aiming for the projectile weapons, WTF? Bum ass Japanese developer.
    • Ran the game in PS4 Pro performance mode and it still felt like shit.

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 22nd January 2018 at 2:27 am.

20. Post
    Honestly wasn't overly impressed with the beta. Played 3 hunts, one of each difficulty, then deleted it. I've downloaded the latest open beta so will give it another go this afternoon (if it's still available) incase there are significant changes otherwise I'll wait for player feedback and reviews.

21. Post
    are many people here going to play on xbox?

22. Post
    No invert on projectile Y-axis still?

Gummon devs.

23. Post
    Drunkghoul wrote:
    are many people here going to play on xbox?
    The beta has only been running on PS4, so literally nobody has been playing it on Xbox.

Anyway Xbox gamers largely prefer Western-developed dudebro MP games, not Japanese games. This game WILL sell notably less on Xbox than PS4, probably PC as well (JPN games sell well on PC). That being said the playerbase for MHW on Xbox will probably still be large enough to the point where you won't be stuck waiting for like 15-20 minutes for lobbies to fill. I recommend getting a fibre UFB connection if you don't have one already, to help negate lag playing with international players due to inevitably smaller Asia-Pacific playerbases (far fewer people play on Xbox in Oceania and virtually nobody buys Xbox in Asia).
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 22nd January 2018 at 4:06 pm.

24. Post
    After watching the DF video on this. It raises huge red flags with cruddy performance in the beta so close to release day. I'll might pick this at a later date when more reviews are out.
    Last edited by WarZoner; 25th January 2018 at 3:51 pm.

25. Post
    some reviews in already, seems like people like it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...r-world-review