Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

1. Post

Vampyr - RPG by DONTNOD

Release date: Dec 2017. Platforms: the usual suspects.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/427290/Vampyr/

Presentation and writing wise this game seems absolutely on point. They just need to polish some technical elements like facial animations.

2. Post
    That combat looks amazing!

Soulsborne vibes with Dontnod storytelling in a Victorian horror setting....um, yes pls.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

3. Post
    This was actually one of the few games at E3 I was genuinely impressed with. The eye tracking and facial animations weren't on point but as stated its alpha and not final representation.
    All that aside I think it's looking really good and I'm super keen to see more.

4. Post
    Super into this.

5. Post
    It looks ambitious, hope for a great story.

6. Post
    Have been quietly hopeful for this being good.

7. Post
    What were people's thoughts on Remember Me?

8. Post
    Yes pls

9. Post
    jords wrote:
    What were people's thoughts on Remember Me?
    I got super bored with remember me, but this looks wicked.

10. Post
    Dontnod is fastly becoming a go-to dev AA for me: Life is Strange is amazing and Remember Me was ambitious (cool setting mostly).

Vampyr's world and storytelling from what we've seen look up to par, if the combat is as good as it seems (very BB like IMO), then shit fam: this could be ****ing great. Those Vampire/Vampyr abilities look really fun, especially for exploration and subterfuge.

11. Post
    Vampire the masquerade successor? Yes plz

12. Post
    This is all starting to feel very nice indeed.

13. Post
    Dev videos like this just wash over me. They hardly ever actually translate over to the finished product, it's all buzzwords and surface talk, showing off the studio ethos. Great, you can be more creative than a AAA studio - but will you actually take advantage of that? This video briefly showed some gameplay elements that looked cool but the fact they didn't actually talk about those elements was a bit worrying.

I think a big factor for this game will be the nature of the game world - I'm imagining something like Deus Ex Mankind Divided but I feel like they could screw up very easily by having levels that are either too big or too small.

14. Post
    That looks cool

15. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    Dev videos like this just wash over me. They hardly ever actually translate over to the finished product, it's all buzzwords and surface talk, showing off the studio ethos. Great, you can be more creative than a AAA studio - but will you actually take advantage of that? This video briefly showed some gameplay elements that looked cool but the fact they didn't actually talk about those elements was a bit worrying.

I think a big factor for this game will be the nature of the game world - I'm imagining something like Deus Ex Mankind Divided but I feel like they could screw up very easily by having levels that are either too big or too small.
    That Vampire teleportation as a movement tool/verticality looked dope though one must say; be cool to see how much of a sandbox each level is, if it's Deus Ex levels of complexity it'd be freaking amazing (or could be smoke in mirrors I guess).

16. Post
    100% unique NPCs with their own back stories, I haven't seen a level of world building like this since Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's Prague! Bring on Victorian vampire doctor CM Punk RPG!

17. Post
    Hoping that both the level-building and the depth of NPC building is on par with Prague, I think that's a satisfying size for a game like this.

18. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    Hoping that both the level-building and the depth of NPC building is on par with Prague, I think that's a satisfying size for a game like this.
    Even talking about Deus Ex now just makes me sad...Mankind Divided was a Gem if you ask me.

19. Post

20. Post
    Anyone know when the reviews for this drop? I want this to be good, but won't preorder without knowing if it's good or not

21. Post
    zippy wrote:
    Anyone know when the reviews for this drop? I want this to be good, but won't preorder without knowing if it's good or not
    Don't preorder! Seriously what's the point?

22. Post
    zippy wrote:
    3:01pm PST on Monday 4th June.

Solid day or so before release, surely can't be a bad thing.

I'm waiting on reviews, will buy if doesn't need too much patching to be mint (and obviously if it's not a shit show lol)

23. Post
    Looking forward to playing this.

24. Post
    IST wrote:
    3:01pm PST on Monday 4th June.

Solid day or so before release, surely can't be a bad thing.

I'm waiting on reviews, will buy if doesn't need too much patching to be mint (and obviously if it's not a shit show lol)
    This is where I'm at too.

25. Post
    zippy wrote:
    This is where I'm at too.
    It's the place to be: cautiously optimistic with a sprig of hopefulness and a pinch of please be surprisingly good