Anthem - MMO-ARPG Shooter by BioWare Edmonton

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    no thanks

2. Post
    2hrs in.

My thoughts;

1. Every one seems to favour the Storm Javelin. I guess people get a stiffy when they read "the latest in Javelin technology that has control over the elements".
    2. Who thought throwing you into a team of randos for the first mission after you choose your Javelin was a good idea? I have no option to actually check out the world without it constantly telling me to hurry up or face another loading screen while it forces me to back to my squad (who were all Storms. Which made for a pain in the arse. Lighting everywhere).
    3. Game suffers from some terrible optimization. A screen full of Storms throwing lightning everywhere was tough to play through.
    4. My Interceptor has an ass that I can't stop staring at. Which has confused me no end.
    5. Love the upgrade/gear system. It's simple and rewarding. Maybe a little more customization down the track once the game finds its footing would be nice.
    6. Combat is super fun with dodging, hovering, ultimates, grenades and lock on missiles. Once you understand what your buttons are things become incredibly seamless.

Played the trial via Origin access. Will pick up once Bioware manages to get a few patches out for it. I feel the game wants to rush your through the campaign. I hope the initial urgency dies off a little and you can take things at your own pace.

3. Post
    Rii wrote:
    2. Who thought throwing you into a team of randos for the first mission after you choose your Javelin was a good idea? I have no option to actually check out the world
    The f*ck? Seriously? It makes you group? For how long?

4. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    The f*ck? Seriously? It makes you group? For how long?
    You can play solo you just need to change your privacy settings.

5. Post
    Gilby wrote:
    You can play solo you just need to change your privacy settings.
    it is definitely not recommended though or designed to be played solo. There are even loading screen tips that say you get better xp when grouping up. The freeplay mode you have to be public for.

6. Post
    Major Hazard wrote:
    no thanks
    Sweet as then lol.

I'm keen to get the usual suspects together, whoever's on ps4 that is

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

7. Post
    Rii wrote:
    2hrs in.

My thoughts;

1. Every one seems to favour the Storm Javelin. I guess people get a stiffy when they read "the latest in Javelin technology that has control over the elements".
    2. Who thought throwing you into a team of randos for the first mission after you choose your Javelin was a good idea? I have no option to actually check out the world without it constantly telling me to hurry up or face another loading screen while it forces me to back to my squad (who were all Storms. Which made for a pain in the arse. Lighting everywhere).
    3. Game suffers from some terrible optimization. A screen full of Storms throwing lightning everywhere was tough to play through.
    4. My Interceptor has an ass that I can't stop staring at. Which has confused me no end.
    5. Love the upgrade/gear system. It's simple and rewarding. Maybe a little more customization down the track once the game finds its footing would be nice.
    6. Combat is super fun with dodging, hovering, ultimates, grenades and lock on missiles. Once you understand what your buttons are things become incredibly seamless.

Played the trial via Origin access. Will pick up once Bioware manages to get a few patches out for it. I feel the game wants to rush your through the campaign. I hope the initial urgency dies off a little and you can take things at your own pace.
    The current 'tether' system as people are referring to it is one of the biggest complaints on the feedback forums so far. I suspect it will get changed in a future patch, but not in the first week.

It is worth bearing in mind that people doing missions want to get the missions complete so they can move onto other things.

So if looking at the scenery is your thing, that's what Freeplay is designed for. And there are certainly enough areas to have a look at in Freeplay.

8. Post
    I've yet to figure out how to actually play story missions single player, privacy settings, you say? It really should be a lot easier.

TBH though I've not had too much of a problem doing missions as a group but that could be because I put it on my SSD, apparently that's making a big difference. I DO care about the story and I do want to listen to the conversations but so far I have not felt like I'm missing out.

I just got my Storm last night as my second Javelin, played it for a bit and thought "well you're no colossus." Didn't help that my storm gear was well below my colossus gear though.

9. Post
    Major Hazard wrote:
    no thanks
    str8 savage

10. Post
    I’ll look at picking it up a bit further down the track, after it’s had a bit more work done on it. Top dollar day one purchase with bugs still to be ironed out, endgame still to be fleshed out and a bunch of basic quality of life improvements still to be implemented, versus a few months down the track when it’s cheaper, better optimised, patched, polished and looking good - yeah, defo gonna wait a while.

11. Post
    Taiveraad wrote:
    I've yet to figure out how to actually play story missions single player, privacy settings, you say? It really should be a lot easier.

TBH though I've not had too much of a problem doing missions as a group but that could be because I put it on my SSD, apparently that's making a big difference. I DO care about the story and I do want to listen to the conversations but so far I have not felt like I'm missing out.

I just got my Storm last night as my second Javelin, played it for a bit and thought "well you're no colossus." Didn't help that my storm gear was well below my colossus gear though.
    I believe the option to make your session private is in the Expedition/mission select social screen, where the other squad members appear. I am not sure if there is another one buried further into the settings.

I think most people get that feeling when using a new javelin, it's a bit of a shock that you're suddenly underpowered again. Levelling a suit with gear makes a considerable difference in how they play.

The best thing I have seen people do since the weekend is 'maining' one javelin suit and using the others in Freeplay to farm and pick up items so the story progression isn't interrupted.

Some of the streamers are up to 470 level suits, and since it's a holiday in the USA, some will be getting close to full legendary by the end of the week.

12. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    I’ll look at picking it up a bit further down the track, after it’s had a bit more work done on it. Top dollar day one purchase with bugs still to be ironed out, endgame still to be fleshed out and a bunch of basic quality of life improvements still to be implemented, versus a few months down the track when it’s cheaper, better optimised, patched, polished and looking good - yeah, defo gonna wait a while.
    Yeah me too once its on spec,def not day 1 purchase at all...game hasnt quite grabbed me as much as I thought it woudl from what ive seen so far