Anthem - MMO-ARPG Shooter by BioWare Edmonton

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
(3 votes)

1. Post
    I played a heap of Warframe ages ago. I definitely fit the requirements and after reaching out to the devs and asking on the subreddit it would just appeared to be broken. I even deleted and reinstalled at the time with no luck.

2. Post

3. Post
    People who have played the game have nothing but positives to say..interesting.

4. Post
    Chaosfollowsme wrote:
    People who have played the game have nothing but positives to say..interesting.
    Like who? EA has an army of shill "influencers" like Jack Frags on their payroll for their various franchises.

5. Post
    Lol jack frags he does have some interesting content but that’s because ea gives him the content he is basically an ea employee

6. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Like who? EA has an army of shill "influencers" like Jack Frags on their payroll for their various franchises.
    I dunno but if you have type Anthem gameplay impressions theres multiple people who have played the game wo have shared their thoughts.. whether they are bias I dunno I don't follow streams that closely.

7. Post
    I do sometimes wonder where the line drawn between being genuinely excited for a game vs streamability / youtubeability and monitization lies.

8. Post
    It's interesting that a lot of the talk in the comments on YouTube is how this is somehow a Warframe clone.

I get it, people see changing metal suits and go "Oh, Warframe does that" as if it's the only game that has done it?

The Warframe that I played felt closer to like Doom in tin suits (mostly small or enclosed spaces).

This game has a bigger Tribes 2 and Tribes: Vengeance vibe to it for me, especially with copying the scout/assault/juggernaut class types. And Tribes was great fun to play back in the day, so I'm not hating on Anthem just yet.

The damage numbers/combo RPG element looks like fun. Maybe they'll allow people to change the text style similar to WoW.

9. Post
    I found Warframe soulless and it's comparison to anything with any sort of a narrative is unfair.

10. Post
    This game won't have a quarter of the content or style that Warframe has.

Also it has open world content and story so not sure what you guys are talking about.

11. Post
    zzzzz just another boring ass grindy lootfest

12. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    This game won't have a quarter of the content or style that Warframe has.

Also it has open world content and story so not sure what you guys are talking about.
    Sure, they added some open world in an expansion on the original ... about 4 years after the game was released, which totally makes in not a Doom shooter in tin suits and completely a game designed to be open world.

13. Post
    Should we not judge the game as it is now rather than 4 years ago?

Why are you comparing it to Doom? It's nothing like Doom...

14. Post
    They complete overhauled the movement in Warframe from what it was at launch. At launch it felt like Mass Effect 2/3 running and gunning with wallrunning tacked on. In Modern Warframe your character moves more like the Vanquish guy.

15. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    Should we not judge the game as it is now rather than 4 years ago?

Why are you comparing it to Doom? It's nothing like Doom...
    Sure. But people are comparing an expansion to a game to the core mechanics of a different game.

Warframe has obviously been overhauled a lot since I last bothered playing it, but saying "a game has some open world content" is not the same as designing the game from scratch to do all of that.

The Warframe I played was closer to a standard FPS shooter than a flying mech game. And that doesn't change because they released one expansion.

16. Post
    It sounds like you're looking at Warframe as it were a traditional "one and done" big box retail release game... It isn't. Proper online games as service can be completely different animals years down the track, just look at WoW.

The Warframe that released in 2013 doesn't exist anymore. It certainly hasn't had "just one expansion".

17. Post

18. Post
    The cut scenes are quite bad.

The shooting/movement is cool as hell though..but shit, that some straight cheeseball shit BioWare: no way Drew Karpyshyn wrote some of that.

19. Post
    I'm not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but do people get vibes from Ironman? first impression I thought Jarvis was speaking

20. Post

21. Post
    I'm actually pretty keen for this, but that does just seem like games marketing nonsense

22. Post
    Same quite hyped for this. Wish it was coming out this year.

23. Post

24. Post
    I just wanna know why we're killing those ancient beasts....seems a bit mean

I hope they're at least evil a bit.