Anthem - MMO-ARPG Shooter by BioWare Edmonton

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
(3 votes)

1. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    Stop trying to make me buy this game before Division 2!!111!
    Forgot the /s

2. Post
    Played the demo for a few rounds, I enjoyed the flying element (though the mouse flying control was pretty avg by default) some of the Javelin / weapon designs / customization options were nice , but found it pretty boring apart from that, had some display bugs, bugged out instances and connection drops which did not help either, don't think I want anymore of it.

3. Post
    EA put out a press-release detailing end game and post launch content.

https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/anthe...nthem-endgame?

4. Post

is it just me or have they run out of new things to put into the launch trailer? i swear I've seen everything in it in the other trailers.

5. Post
    At least in this regard, they kinda shot themselves in the foot with the month long IGN exclusivity content. I wonder how Anthem would have fared in an alternate timeline where Bioware had been able to keep a better lid on it and just dropped it on em ala Apex Legends.

6. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    At least in this regard, they kinda shot themselves in the foot with the month long IGN exclusivity content. I wonder how Anthem would have fared in an alternate timeline where Bioware had been able to keep a better lid on it and just dropped it on em ala Apex Legends.
    oh they did an IGN month thingy. didn't know about that. guess since i pay no attention to IGN thats to be expected.

might have to go and look at some of it. against my better judgement.

7. Post
    Honestly none of it is required viewing, you'll be better off waiting instead of watching journalists bad at games attempt to play games and fail to showcase them effectively.

8. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    Honestly none of it is required viewing, you'll be better off waiting instead of watching journalists bad at games attempt to play games and fail to showcase them effectively.
    I fail to understand how these game journalists who are mostly terrible at games manage to finish games to write reviews

Either they don’t finish games or they are given cheats or easier version of the game

9. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    I fail to understand how these game journalists who are mostly terrible at games manage to finish games to write reviews

Either they donít finish games or they are given cheats or easier version of the game
    You write some of the most moronic shit based off the flimsiest of evidence and lack the common sense to actually see the truth. I'll explain this to you in a way you will maybe understand.
    There have been a handful of embarrassingly awful examples of inept skill from a handful of reviewers. There are literally hundreds and hundreds of professional, and semi-professional game reviewers. Most and by most I mean the vast majority of games journalists are gamers. Who's skill covers the range of "actual" gamers.
    And even if someone is bad at a game that is still a valid opinion. I am awful at some games but can see how good they are, and have fun playing them. Fighters being one. I love MK, SF, SC and a lot more. I am at best OK at a few of them and bad at others. My opinion on those games is just as valid as anyone elses, as long as people know where my skill level is they can use that information to see if my opinion is of value to them. You dont need to be good at a game to have fun playing it, or appreciate its quality.

Now as to your assertion about reviewers not finishing the game. Care to back that up with anything? Or is it just most bullshit you've invented? But maybe there are some who do not complete the game. Do you need to complete a game to review it? I would say that you need to play enough to get enough information to deliver an informed opinion and that may not mean completing the game.
    Given cheats or "easier" versions. **** off! Being provided tips and walkthroughs is not unheard of, but their use is limited and the amount of time they even provided is minute. People who take the time to review games for the most part care about the quality of the content they provide. Integrity is important as is trust. A lazy, bad, or incompetent reviewer will not survive as one. But a shit-poster can post shit ad nauseam as you have proven time and time again.

The vast majority of game reviews are written by gamers who have played the game to completion (or near to). Are about as competent as gamers more or less. Some much more, so less so (for certain genres/titles). mostly though we care about games, gamers, and providing a useful tool to help others make an informed choice with their time and money. Shit-talking anonymous forum shit-posters can hide behind a screen name, reviewers for the most part have their name on everything they write and are publicly available to anyone to read. There is no hiding, there is no making shit up, or if their is there is no hiding from that either.

I really do not know if you make this shit up, or if you just latch on to the first bit of crap you see and assume that as the truth. In either case it's garbage and you need to stop spreading it around. But for everyone's sake use your brain before writing some fictitious garbage, or making sweeping generalisations.

10. Post
    So this just popped up on the twatter

Name:  Anthemmovie.png
Views: 110
Size:  826.9 KB
    https://twitter.com/NeillBlomkamp/st...66376534401024

Virtually identical post from Oats Studios an Independent film studio founded by Neill.
    https://twitter.com/oatsstudios/stat...75306920652800

11. Post
    Do SirGrim & ChrisB hate each other? Or are they lovers who argue to stoke the fires?

12. Post
    darryn wrote:
    Do SirGrim & ChrisB hate each other? Or are they lovers who argue to stoke the fires?
    Can we get back to complaining about how terrible the demo was and how lacking the storyline and content are apparently going to be.

At least that was on topic.

Also, Div 2 beta crashed on someone lulz amirite?

13. Post
    Ard Righ wrote:
    Can we get back to complaining about how terrible the demo was and how lacking the storyline and content are apparently going to be.

I thought the demo was excellent.

14. Post
    darryn wrote:
    I thought the demo was excellent.
    I thought so too. I understand people hate technical problems, but that's why companies run these things.

Nothing I have seen from the Devs in the gameplay videos gives me any concerns over the direction the game is going forwards.

15. Post
    Ard Righ wrote:

Yeah it crashed heaps on day 1 & 2, probably at or near Anthem levels. It let you back in faster though. Day 3/4 was really stable.

I enjoyed Anthem, am still torn about getting it day 1 but I think I’ll hold off (maybe).

16. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    Yeah it crashed heaps on day 1 & 2, probably at or near Anthem levels. It let you back in faster though. Day 3/4 was really stable.

I enjoyed Anthem, am still torn about getting it day 1 but I think Iíll hold off (maybe).
    I was quite happy with Anthem VIP demo once I worked out getting around the loading bug.

Got to try each of the javelins and never felt it was too samey as they all play differently enough.

I am counting down the next few days until the PC early launch goes live and we'll get to see the patch notes for the live release and get more reviews.

17. Post
    I've flip flopped plenty in my decision to get it or not, probably will, coz looks enjoyable at least until Division 2 comes out. I just want hope the weapons get a little more 'oomph'. But I'm looking forward to the abilities and combos.

18. Post
    Yeah I played all four and enjoyed each of them in their own way. The world felt a bit empty when free roaming, no waypoints sucked, and the loading screen bug was a pain. Only thing holding me back from a preorder is the small gap in time between Anthem day 1 and Div 2 release.

19. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    I've flip flopped plenty in my decision to get it or not, probably will, coz looks enjoyable at least until Division 2 comes out. I just want hope the weapons get a little more 'oomph'. But I'm looking forward to the abilities and combos.
    Are you saying “Let’s do this”?

20. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    Are you saying “Let’s do this”?
    Think I am cuz... Think I am.

21. Post
    Aight

22. Post
    hmm Neil Blomkamp has done a Anthem sponsered short movie apparently

premieres in 2 days

https://youtu.be/wka5RovFEo8

23. Post
    There were hints on Twitter from Neil Blomkamp and Oats Studios that something was coming.

https://twitter.com/NeillBlomkamp/st...66376534401024

Will be interesting to see the full video.

Someone has apparently been playing the full release and completing trophies. There is a rather long list of trophies.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8731-anthem/Penjalum11

And in case it hasn't been posted here yet, the image with all the items and possible combo effects. Primer + Detonator.

Attachment 225094

https://i.redd.it/z7klxy42hyf21.jpg

The text at the bottom - acid and fire strong against armour. electricity and ice strong against shields.

24. Post

25. Post
    If the story feels garbage/light then people are going to be really pissed off that they put it into comics that you have to buy.