Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Hell Let Loose - upcoming PC game

Recently started seeing / hearing about this WW2 shooter that is in the works titled "Hell Let Loose"...

There isn't a heap of info out there on it yet but it is certainly one I'll keep an eye on...

Here's a link to a YouTube video by Westie on the game.https://youtu.be/dFZmTaeM2g8

2. Post
    Seems way too early to make a post, probably ages away :P

Just one of the many UE4 WWII shooters coming. Days of War was total shit so not much point in hyping a game we've seen nothing of.

3. Post
    I've signed up for the updates in the hope that it's worth it...only time will tell. Not likely to be out for quite some time by the looks of it.

4. Post
    Sorry to necro this but the Kickstarter for this game is now live - and doing very well. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...hell-let-loose

5. Post
    Their Kickstarter seems to be going really well, good luck to them.

6. Post
    I'm considering backing it myself, just waiting for some more Gameplay videos to be released.

7. Post
    Might throw some money at it.

8. Post
    Well at least you know they aren't going to pull some random shit like the developers of Days of War did by removing ADS, essentially making the game a poor DoD clone.

9. Post
    Yeah the next 6 months seems to be the time for WW2 shooters to release: Days of War, Traction Wars, Post Scriptum, Battalion 1944, Call of Duty WW2 (which will be garbage), then there is Day of Infamy which is already out. A lot of them use the Unreal 4 engine too so it will be interesting to see how they differentiate themselves.

10. Post
    EvoBlue_NZ wrote:
    Yeah the next 6 months seems to be the time for WW2 shooters to release: Days of War, Traction Wars, Post Scriptum, Battalion 1944, Call of Duty WW2 (which will be garbage), then there is Day of Infamy which is already out. A lot of them use the Unreal 4 engine too so it will be interesting to see how they differentiate themselves.
    lol, CoD WW2 is 1000x better than Days of War. What a POS that is. Battalion 1944 alpha looked pretty average too but that was a while ago so will reserve judgement.

11. Post
    <N> wrote:
    lol, CoD WW2 is 1000x better than Days of War. What a POS that is. Battalion 1944 alpha looked pretty average too but that was a while ago so will reserve judgement.
    I haven't played Days of War, but I did have high hopes for it initially when they announced the map builder tool that you would be able to use to create maps with a bunch of friends. However, the map builder tool has been delayed umpteen times and I seems that the community for Days of War has vanished due to a lack of visible progress and some other bizzare decisions made by the development team.

As for Call of Duty, I'm more of a Battlefield fan, the last Call of Duty that I seriously played the multiplayer of was Call of Duty 2 - that game was amazing. I might pick it up when it's on sale to play the campaign because I do love a good story-mode but apart from that I'll give the death arena spamfest a miss.

I was hype for Battalion 1944 as well but progress seems to have ground to a halt there as well. Although the project lead did do an interesting interview about how classes are going to work in multiplayer the other day though. Article here.

12. Post
    I played the CoD WW2 beta on PC and was unsurprisingly disappointed. The game is just another gotta go fast console shooter.

13. Post
    TodashXIX wrote:
    I played the CoD WW2 beta on PC and was unsurprisingly disappointed. The game is just another gotta go fast console shooter.
    This.

Will still sell a trillion copies though, and continue to spread misinformation about the conflict.

14. Post
    EvoBlue_NZ wrote:
    This.

Will still sell a trillion copies though, and continue to spread misinformation about the conflict.
    No one goes to CoD for history lessons, it's a fast paced arcade shooter and always has been. Nothing wrong with that, I enjoyed the beta.

Battalion 1944 looks even faster.

15. Post
    TodashXIX wrote:
    My thoughts exactly. Will not be purchasing.

16. Post
    Yet here we are, talking about CoD haha. Getting back to Hell Let Loose we have:

Trailer:

Gameplay:

Graphics look so shiny.

17. Post
    <N> wrote:
    it's a fast paced arcade shooter and always has been.
    Actually CoD1 and UO bear no resemblance to the games we have today, sure they may have been simpler but they were more skill oriented . It was only with the release of the xbox 360 and CoD2 when they began removing recoil control completely from the game.

CoD2 pretty much marked the end of PC call of duty games as Activision focused their attention to cater to the lucrative console market.
    CoD2 and MW still managed to be fun games on the PC though. Everything following MW has clearly been geared for console players.

18. Post
    There is now an official discord server where the devs and community hang out. Feel free to join! https://discord.gg/QrDzpgw

19. Post
    Hey team,

I am going to be interviewing the devs of Hell Let Loose for GP on Wednesday. Let me know if there were any burning questions you need answered about the game or its development.

- Baz

20. Post
    Someone needs to hurry up and make a game set in the Eastern Front.

RO2 was the last one I think, almost 7 years ago.

21. Post
    Kaabaz wrote:
    Hey team,

I am going to be interviewing the devs of Hell Let Loose for GP on Wednesday. Let me know if there were any burning questions you need answered about the game or its development.

- Baz
    Awesome!!! Will do.

**edit**

@Kaabaz will the interview feature on the front of Gameplanet?
    Last edited by EvoBlue_NZ; 9th October 2017 at 10:01 am. Reason: Ask question

22. Post
    Here's a question, what level of destruction will be in the game? like will there be collapsing buildings, craters left in the ground from bombing runs, tanks going through wall's and knocking over trees.

23. Post
    Kaabaz wrote:
    Hey team,

- Baz
    |icED-e@RtH| wrote:
    Here's a question, what level of destruction will be in the game? like will there be collapsing buildings, craters left in the ground from bombing runs, tanks going through wall's and knocking over trees.
    From what the devs have said so far there will be limited destruction (fences, bridges, trees, parts of houses) but not full building destruction like Battlefield because 50v50 already puts enough strain on the engine/servers.

@Baz I have created a thread here, what time did you need the final list by?
    Last edited by EvoBlue_NZ; 9th October 2017 at 7:23 pm. Reason: Correct answer

24. Post
    ErAd wrote:
    Someone needs to hurry up and make a game set in the Eastern Front.

RO2 was the last one I think, almost 7 years ago.
    One of the stretch Goals, Russian Forces including 2 Eastern Front maps.

25. Post

Australians and New Zeleanders?

Kaabaz wrote:
    Hey team,

- Baz
    Hey mate this questions been buggering me for a while, I wanted to know if Australians and New Zeleanders are going to be in the game,

Cheers,

Mr_Midnight