Page 1 of 6 1234 ... Last

1. Post

Optical gaming mice recommendations please

My 3rd Razer mouse of the last decade has started to crap out. After 3 gaming mice, a keyboard and a gamepad shitting the bed I'm done with their shitty build quality.

Please recommend me a new gaming mouse.

Requirements list:-
    • VERY comfortable & ergonomic. The closer the mouse is to the Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 shape, the better.
    • Optical sensors only, absolutely NO laser mice.
    • Powerful mapping button software, supporting multiple profiles.
    • Must have 2 side thumb buttons.

Anything else is gravy.

NOT interested list:-
    • Laser mice
    • MMO/RTS mice with dozens of buttons.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Images

2. Post
    Maybe much too late for you, but the Swiftpoint guys have this coming out soon.
    Great optics and ergonimcs. Perhaps a lot more button than you'd like, but not in the traditional sense.

The Z

I backed it on Kickstarter and have been following the coverage. Very excited to try it out.

3. Post
    The Hyperion is a hybrid of Lazer and Optical, but it's quality stuff and is my favourite mouse of my last 5 or so mice: so I recommend it. Works perfectly for all types of games, and isn't as bulky as my Nagas or CAT ones, very nimble and light feeling which I love especially for Overwatch and Paragon (anything fast moving it's killer).

On sale at Computer Lounge for $64.95 too at the moment, can't go wrong IMO

ChrisB wrote:
    Maybe much too late for you, but the Swiftpoint guys have this coming out soon.
    Great optics and ergonimcs. Perhaps a lot more button than you'd like, but not in the traditional sense.

The Z

I backed it on Kickstarter and have been following the coverage. Very excited to try it out.
    Ohh I like the push-pull buttons and analogue control finger buttons, want!

4. Post
    Steelseries Rival 100 or 300? One of them, whichever suits you. Problem is that Steelseries have been having QC issues of late. I've had to return a keyboard (M500) and mouse (Rival 300) because they were faulty out of the box. Got a new keyboard, junked the mouse and bought a...

Roccat Kova. Which may be too button-y for your liking, but it's got great software that gets updated frequently. The one I have is a good build quality and lots of features. The shoulder buttons are less intrusive than they look, but there is a more slender version of the same mouse, the Kova[+].

And then there's the Benq Zowie range. Which are pretty much the Intellimouse shape, but they also come in three different sizes.

5. Post
    good meme mouse - logitech g502

6. Post
    I got a Steelseries Rival 300 recently and it's the most comfortable mouse I've ever used, really like it. The thumb buttons are great and the software ought to be decent for profiles etc (though I don't really use them)

7. Post
    I always go cheap logitech because the sensor is good, the software isn't annoying, and 3 year warranty.
    Currently on the g4xx something. Find it way too small but if you like intellimouse it should be ok.

8. Post
    Coming from recent mouse buying saga, I'd warmly suggest you walk in PB tech Penrose and try a few flagships out on display.

No amount of pictures or reviews can come close to having one in your hand.

9. Post
    bionic.man wrote:
    No amount of pictures or reviews can come close to having one in your hand.
    That's what she said!

10. Post
    The G502 is rubbish because of the awful mouse wheel... I leave mine in the box, while I use it's superior brother, the 402.

11. Post
    i got used to the scrolling wheel. that and the kinda hard to clean rubber sides are the worst things about it. other than that it's solid

12. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    So did I, not long to wait now. Good to see it won the 2017 CES Gaming Innovation award - not too shabby for a small NZ company.

13. Post
    +1 for the Rival 300

All the CS pros seem to favour the Benq mice these days.
    This one mainly
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...6957c113f2e12b

14. Post
    All the mice pictured look ridiculous.

15. Post
    Finalmouse tournament is my favourite, hard to get though

16. Post
    s0cks wrote:
    casual confirmed

17. Post
    Lenovo 'came with the work pc' master race here

18. Post
    Thanks guys. I just ordered Steelseries Rival 300 (CS:GO Fade colour scheme). Coming from Intellimouse 3.0 and Deathadders it seems perfect for me + I'm a person with larger hands. The Zowie mice look fantastic too but the lack of mapping software is a deal breaker for me.
    • Logitech G502 scroll wheel looks ratchet as, what were they smoking?
    • Whatever ChrisB posted seems over-engineered to me. Analogue buttons and a trigger? I don't see that those ever being useful outside of emulating PS2 games or maybe rotating your ship/cockpit in flight/mech sims. For the latter genre games I'd just buy a flight stick.

smoo wrote:
    Lenovo 'came with the work pc' master race here
    s0cks wrote:
    If you're just going to troll and not contribute anything of value to the discussion then piss off.

19. Post
    This will better explain what the Z does different from other mice:

20. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    This will better explain what the Z does different from other mice:
    Yeah okay, that does look cool actually. I would prefer to have something now rather than pre-order and have to wait until May-June. I'd like to have a fully functioning pointing device NOW because I'm not gonna stop gaming.

21. Post
    Fair enough, as a backer I get mine next month. I didn't know what their production schedule was for general availability.

22. Post
    g400s is very good, also the g403 is pretty sweet.

23. Post
    SteelSeries Sensei Raw?

I was an Intellimouse 3.0 fan and been very happy with my SteelSeries Sensei Raw. I have the non-rubberised version

(Not sure what the Raw part of it means)

24. Post
    I'm absolutely enjoying G403 wireless

25. Post
    Corsair Sabre optical is Al good. Nice simple shape, feels good. Think it ticks all Eva's boxes. Ah well, too late to reply.

Using dat Tapatalk app