1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Thats pretty cool. I've always been tempted to try Eve out but I don't have enough spare time to warrant paying for a subscription

3. Post
    I played for 5 years, got to the point I could support my playtime with in game currency. Was a month from any factions carrier, 3 months from being able to use them well.
    Seriously if you don't enjoy your first trial week ( or 3 weeks for a "buddy link" ), this free to play method still isn't for you.

I quit because of the rampant botting everywhere, from the markets, to the PvE content, and only 10 minutes a week of good PvP, with the rest mostly grind. I carebeared to the point I could go afk in the hardest missions and come back in 5-10 minutes and move to the next section.

The hook is the people you play with.

4. Post
    KaskadeNZ wrote:
    I played for 5 years, got to the point I could support my playtime with in game currency. Was a month from any factions carrier, 3 months from being able to use them well.
    Seriously if you don't enjoy your first trial week ( or 3 weeks for a "buddy link" ), this free to play method still isn't for you.

I quit because of the rampant botting everywhere, from the markets, to the PvE content, and only 10 minutes a week of good PvP, with the rest mostly grind. I carebeared to the point I could go afk in the hardest missions and come back in 5-10 minutes and move to the next section.

100% agree.

I played for 5 years too, the good years.

EVE was very broken when I left... Now they've added so much its difficult to keep on track with whats going on.

Its hard on this side of the world to find decent players let alone corps. My move from the UK to here killed EVE for me more than the botting.

5. Post
    KaskadeNZ wrote:

Agreed, I played for 7yrs I guess. Had great times but as my friends left it got a little lonely. Might give it another go as it as I was paying my accounts with isk and it seemed that every time I did get a chance to play it was to make isk to pay for the accounts. This may help now, not sure.

6. Post
    well, it can be hard to enjoy yourself the first 2 weeks, especially if you don't have time and there is a timer ticking away for you to play the game before trial expires. With basically unlimited trial this goes away and new players can explore the game at their own pace, to find their fun factor in this sandbox.

Also as Logikk pointed out, the game changed a lot and a lot of players do want to check back on how the game evolved and the 5 days they normally get for that is not enough. So from November, old players can check on the game's progress for free, chat to their old corpm8s, who can help them catch up on what's been going on with the game.

7. Post
    Subscribers will become labeled "Omega Clones," and will operate as they do now, while free accounts - "Alpha Clones" - represent the "base state" of clones, and will have a slower training rate, on a subset of oft-used ships only.
    That's not "Free to play", that's a trial mode, similar to what WoW does with its levelling cap or Destiny's "demo".

8. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    That's not "Free to play", that's a trial mode, similar to what WoW does with its levelling cap or Destiny's "demo".
    yeah similar model, but different in scope cause the games are different

9. Post
    d0main/Crut wrote:
    well, it can be hard to enjoy yourself the first 2 weeks
    The learning curve ain't so bad, you just gotta read the manual.

Name:  s-l640.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  35.5 KB

10. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    The learning curve ain't so bad, you just gotta read the manual.
    that joke is too old :P but there is no manual anymore, just Flight Academy videos and goals.

11. Post
    d0main/Crut wrote:
    that joke is too old :P but there is no manual anymore, just Flight Academy videos and goals.
    Still spreadsheets in space and spaceship spinning?

12. Post
    MadMat wrote:
    Still spreadsheets in space and spaceship spinning?
    only if you feel like doing that It's an actual fact that ship spinning was removed and then brought back in again by popular demand

13. Post
    Just looked up ship spinning and had a good lol, same thing as running around capital cities in WoW.

14. Post
    Bt wrote:
    Just looked up ship spinning and had a good lol, same thing as running around capital cities in WoW.
    but we have a counter built in to keep track