Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Post
    At least nowadays open beta tests and Twitch/YouTube let you get a pretty good idea about a game before shelling out for it.

2. Post
    Rii wrote:
    The other side of that coin is, why shouldn't we be able to buy games on day one without being hesitant that the title is only a shell of what was advertised? Does it happen as flippantly in any other industry? Of course there's the movie industry but if it's a crap movie you're only out of pocket about $15.
    This.

I might have been happy with the game if they hadn't touted it having a whole shitload of stuff that didn't end up being in the released product (in any kind of meaningful way at least). I actually was initially quite impressed with it, but then lots of shortcoming started coming to light, like all the ships being exactly the same, no proper factions to speak of, same activities on every planet (even if they are cosmetically different), the bugs and crashes, etc.

I'd have preferred they delayed it another year and actually delivered on their promises. I bought a physical copy from nzgameshop, so i guess i could sell it on, but the news of refunds for digital copies makes me wonder how many purchasers are actually taking up this refund offer.

Not to mention the lost goodwill; 12 months down the track Kotaku will be blowing their load with some kind of headline along the lines of "Hello Games confirms No Mans Sky 2 in development!!!", and everyone will go "Meh, whatever; once bitten...... "

3. Post
    Rii wrote:
    why shouldn't we be able to buy games on day one without being hesitant that the title is only a shell of what was advertised?
    because we know that in reality it happens

side note: it is surprising how ppl interpret that ^ as some kind of a fail but if u think about it that makes sense

4. Post
    Sverin wrote:
    How do refunds work exactly, Is that money that will be coming out of Hello Games coffers? Or are they still away laughing and its steam/sony that has to foot the bill.
    Just guessing this, but it's most likely similar to how credit cards work. When a purchase is made, the funds are not immediately transferred to the devs. Instead, it will be held for a period of time (I'm guessing 14-30 days based on the limits of Steam's normal refund policy), during which time Steam can easily reverse the sale and refund with zero issue.

5. Post
    I purchased the game from EBgames for PS4 and i'm gonna go see them and request a refund. I'm past the 7 days no questions asked return policy, but the game is broken. It crashes constantly for me, even worse after the recent patches. It's a broken product.

6. Post
    Radian8 wrote:
    I purchased the game from EBgames for PS4 and i'm gonna go see them and request a refund. I'm past the 7 days no questions asked return policy, but the game is broken. It crashes constantly for me, even worse after the recent patches. It's a broken product.
    If you've bought it IRL then the CGA/FTA are totally behind you - having a physical storefront in NZ makes it pretty hard for them to weasel out of it

7. Post
    I have enjoyed NMS. I think its a great base and hopefully they can add more to it over time.

8. Post
    reptana wrote:
    If you've bought it IRL then the CGA/FTA are totally behind you - having a physical storefront in NZ makes it pretty hard for them to weasel out of it
    Besides which, I'm pretty sure they'd be switched on enough to know that the problem is out there themselves

9. Post

10. Post
    Okay that had me chuckling. And it takes a lot for me to chuckle in this place :P

11. Post
    Well this is a surprise. Hello Games announces "Foundation" patch and reveals plans for base building.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/no-mans-sky-d...ilding-update/

12. Post
    Base building seems like a weird concept for this game. It would have to include some sort of teleport option to be remotely useful.

13. Post
    ^ Yeah, i mentioned that in the Playstation NMS thread - the whole nature of the game is transience, so base building is certainly a strange concept. Interested to see how it works.

14. Post
    Groowee wrote:
    this still cracks me up

so is that interview with doritos pope and sean murray still happening or what??

15. Post
    Groowee wrote:
    so is that interview with doritos pope and sean murray still happening or what??
    can't find any info on this. seems like it was cancelled

http://www.itechpost.com/articles/53...ent-ceased.htm
    Reports also indicate that Murray even set up an interview with a gaming industry personality Geoff Keighley on October and was reported to have cancelled the plans.

16. Post
    doritos pope - ha

17. Post
    Dropped by EB today and took a look at the used games bin. Ouch.

18. Post
    lol

19. Post
    Groowee wrote:
    **** that's funny.