1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    I'm definitely keen to hear more about this!

3. Post
    News on the NX as well as the new PS. Should be a good month

4. Post
    Can't wait, sounds like my ps4 and x1 will be on trademe soon

Rumours say NEO will only come with 1TB 5400rpm drive - I hope this is completely false otherwise I'm definitively going to grab a cheap 1TB SSD off ebay
    Last edited by SirGrim; 9th August 2016 at 8:20 am.

5. Post
    Apparently a sony employee posted some deets on a forum earlier today saying sony has done some revisioning on the final specs based on recent dev feedback and we can expect the specs to get a nump up, he specifically mentioned that devs asked for more RAM

6. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Apparently a sony employee posted some deets on a forum earlier today saying sony has done some revisioning on the final specs based on recent dev feedback and we can expect the specs to get a nump up, he specifically mentioned that devs asked for more RAM
    I read this as "They shat there pants over scorpio" so are upgrading the specs. Can't see a GPU upgrade though as that would have finalised months ago.

7. Post
    There's only one problem Sony.
    Convincing the wife that we need a new 70" 4K TV :/

8. Post
    Have you told her about HDR?

9. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Have you told her about HDR?
    She knows its a TV.. no point getting into details

10. Post
    InquisitorZim wrote:
    I read this as "They shat there pants over scorpio" so are upgrading the specs. Can't see a GPU upgrade though as that would have finalised months ago.
    well the current release date is supposedly set for october but if they push it back to march they could. Rumor has it there is two sku's for playstation neo.

Option A is 4.2 TF/Jaugar, $399
    Option B is 5.5 TF/New CPU, $499

11. Post
    I'd get the one with the new cpu jaguar is bottleneck ing hard I the xbox one S benchmarks

12. Post
    They said you won't need a new console if you already own the PS4. What does that mean? Can you get your PS4 upgraded?

13. Post
    Phil5000 wrote:
    They said you won't need a new console if you already own the PS4. What does that mean? Can you get your PS4 upgraded?
    no the current PS4 cant be upgraded, their wont be any official trade/upgrade options

what they are trying to say is that this new release is designed not to make the PS4 obsolete.

what that mostly means is that there wont be any new exclusive content for the new/upgraded PS4.

14. Post
    Phil5000 wrote:
    Now it just means that future games will work on any version of the PS4

15. Post
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwww Yeaaaaaa!

16. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    well the current release date is supposedly set for october but if they push it back to march they could. Rumor has it there is two sku's for playstation neo.

It will be interesting to see what Sony announce, but option B is apparently still less powerful than Scorpio. Scorpio's specs won't have been finalised yet either, so this will be a what ever Sony do we can do better situation.

17. Post
    Valeyard wrote:

Would prefer Option A, go with too much power in it just gets expensive + the power goes unused for most titles when they have to support the PS4, or PS4 titles just run really bad. Would also allow Sony to release a new PS console a couple years down the line even more powerful then Scorpio, ditch the PS4 in support the Neo / PS5.

I really just want to skip the Neo/mid Gen upgrade, in wait for a more powerful console that will be used to its fullest.

18. Post
    I'm happy with the ps4 I got. Maybe will get a ps5 or 6 and leave it at that.

19. Post
    Maybe Neo got leaked a little early?

RUMOR ONLY

Is this Neo?