Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Genuinely love it. Having a blast. It does heaps of things right. I for one really dislike Blizzard but I think this shows as a genuine labour of love.

Satisfying sounds.
    Opportunity for hilarious shit to occur.
    Runs extremely well.
    Art style won't age.
    Character.

"Oh's no's, mah corner holding depth" cried the masses.
    Last edited by TemptedNZ; 27th May 2016 at 6:57 am.

2. Post
    goliathblack wrote:
    I'm just not buying that excuse. And the other "one game is good the other isn't, that's not the point. Preference is subjective. Both games are shooters. Both lack content and campaign. Battlefront was criticised for it, overwatch should be judged by the same standards.

I will not pay full price for overwatch. Simple as that.
    And now we loop back to the 'well tell me some shooters that ARE worth the money then'

3. Post
    kazza wrote:
    Yea but they are both competitive games.

Overwatch has nothing of the sort yet. Review should really be when the comp mode comes out later in the year.

Don't see it lasting unless the comp mode is decent. Atm the skill level of the game is not very high compared to other competitive games.
    I'll be happy to revisit my review when the competitive mode comes out. But the review right now is for the package as it currently stands.

In its post-release plan the game seems to have nowhere to go but up.

4. Post
    goliathblack wrote:
    I'm just not buying that excuse. And the other "one game is good the other isn't, that's not the point. Preference is subjective. Both games are shooters. Both lack content and campaign. Battlefront was criticised for it, overwatch should be judged by the same standards.

I will not pay full price for overwatch. Simple as that.
    It's not an excuse...?
    Anyone who was legitimately interested in Overwatch knew exactly what it was, and never expected a single player side. Trying to compare Battlefront and Overwatch is entirely disingenuous, they are completely different games - again like trying to compare Overwatch and Battleborn, or Battleborn and LoL.

You are welcome to not buy it (full price being $40US - so a little less than your battlefronts or whatever - with maps and character updates free - again unlike battlefront - but we are done comparing)

All I know is I paid $40US, I am having an absolute blast and I am fully aware I am going to sink many hundreds of hours into this game.

5. Post
    Since I was in the beta and clocked hundreds of hours, I felt like I was pretty much expected to buy it when it came out just to pay them for the enjoyment and time I'd already spent, lol.

6. Post
    kazza wrote:
    Yea but they are both competitive games.

Overwatch has nothing of the sort yet. Review should really be when the comp mode comes out later in the year.

Don't see it lasting unless the comp mode is decent. Atm the skill level of the game is not very high compared to other competitive games.
    Erm, it's two teams of 6 going against each other and it's objective based. By very definition it's competitive. Just because the mode doesn't say 'competitive' doesn't change that.

7. Post
    Valeo wrote:
    Erm, it's two teams of 6 going against each other and it's objective based. By very definition it's competitive. Just because the mode doesn't say 'competitive' doesn't change that.
    what? you can't be serious with this comment.

don't pull that semantics shit here, you know perfectly well what i mean by competitive.

8. Post
    Ams wrote:

All I know is I paid $40US, I am having an absolute blast and I am fully aware I am going to sink many hundreds of hours into this game.
    Pretty much. I'd still love to know what games the people whining about the price are buying.

9. Post
    kazza wrote:
    what? you can't be serious with this comment.

don't pull that semantics shit here, you know perfectly well what i mean by competitive.
    Lol, what?

It's semantics to say it's not competitive because it doesn't have a mode called 'competitive' yet.

If you play 5-a-side football against another random 5-a-side team, with rules governing the game - including scoring etc - it's competitive. It doesn't matter that it isn't sanctioned by FIFA.

Anyway, boring argument so lets move on.

10. Post
    Plus there's already been a tournament during the beta lol.

11. Post
    Faraday wrote:
    I agree that the game seems fun in the short term, but honestly given the price tag it just seems very light on actual gameplay. The characters and animations are great, but beyond a story-less multiplayer team deathmatch, where do we even see or experience them? The story itself seems like a tired retread of X-men meets Watchmen, but even with all the effort they've apparently put into the characters, there isn't a game mode that has anything even remotely to do with the story. TF2 at least fully acknowledges this by making all the characters parodies of themselves, while Overwatch seems to take itself very seriously, for no apparent reason.

12 very small multiplayer maps and a few quips exchanged by the characters during the warmup phase just seems like a very poor payoff for what seemed like an interesting, if slightly bland, setting.
    Yea completely agree. I'm holding off from buying it for the exact reason that this game is amazing but doesn't have long lasting value. I also don't think its difficult to master as a solo player, but its difficult to master as a team game. There also a lack of in-game meta playing. Like apart from switching between playable heroes in the game, the actual gameplay becomes repetitive quite quickly and unlike MOBAs where there so many different events going on in one game, this seems shallow.

12. Post
    I resisted for awhile. Bought on Friday. 12hrs on my account. God. Damm. Addictive.

Really liking it. Has some huge potential in the future. I see modifications coming to guns etc which will prolong its life.

13. Post
    Was going to wait for a bargain bin purchase on this but have only read good things about this. Will have to get onto it before I'm the total noob everyone beats up on.

14. Post
    Was hyped since playing it in Beta and since purchasing it I've already clocked over 18 hours in it already and I'm not bored in the slightest.

Its like TF2 and CS:GO but better, more polished, nicer to look at and overall just presents itself better. I can see the argument about a price tag but if you don't like a game or were sceptical about it you wouldn't pay release dollar anyway. Like I didn't rush into Fallout 4 and instead waited for it to drop in price considerably.

Its a nice quick FPS that I can play at almost any time in the game and not have to worry about running late as most games average around the 10-15min mark.

I also give the game a solid 9/10 and once again Blizzard has hit another title out of the park.

15. Post
    It's pretty fun with friends i'll admit.

Not even remotely close to csgo in anyway apart of it being a fps on the outside. Hardly fair to compare the two.

16. Post
    I think people saying the game is shallow are not giving the game a fair go. There is plenty of depth to each character then the composition of heroes in a team, and the the countering of the others team composition and tactics. Sure the basic mechanics of the game are not that in depth but you have to get into the meta to understand the depths of the game. It's like a fighting game, on the surface they are a button mash fest but once you get deeper into it there is a lot more to the game.