We deserve criticism for underdressed dancers - Xbox

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 2.00 average.
(4 votes)
Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Post
    Don't forget the fatties plus-sized individuals.

2. Post
    MockStar wrote:
    The question should be "Why are there dancers at all?".
    I think the point he's making is if it were male strippers guys would be like "ew we didn't come here to see that" rather than acting like it's a normal part of any party.

3. Post
    With this social justice reaction there should have been no party, they should have got more work from Microsoft instead and some pc correct stickers.

4. Post
    Could you re-phrase that so it makes sense?

5. Post
    I strongly doubt it.

6. Post
    jaygee wrote:
    I think the point he's making is if it were male strippers guys would be like "ew we didn't come here to see that" rather than acting like it's a normal part of any party.
    for the most part male patrons would be put off by male dancers for very different reasons than females patrons against female dancers. I would be surprised if even one man in that situation used words like sexism, degrading, exploitation etc. more like "eeuughh I don't wanna see a half naked man!" men and women ARE different.

and no i'm not suggesting that there should be dancers at such a party . just find it interesting when someone uses that "what if it was men being exploiited!?" argument.

7. Post
    DW wrote:
    If I was at the event, I wouldn't expect anything more from Microsoft beyond "we made a mistake, won't happen again". I don't really think they need to go overboard about it.
    +1

dr_zox wrote:
    I still love the way this article reads, Facts then opinion, very clearly labelled out, not snarky or condescending. If this is how games journalists acted all around the world, Gamer Gate wouldn't exist
    +1

Matt, is this going to be the new GP standard for articles about controversial topics? If so, great. If not, it's a format i'd encourage Andrew Todd to employ; not having to weed out the opinion from the fact, having a clear line between them, is definitely a good thing.