Red Dead Redemption 2

Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.
(16 votes)
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 2332

1. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    And we're finally working now!
    Good work on the help for anyone out there reading this who had the same issue.
    Last edited by TemptedNZ; 9th November 2019 at 1:48 am.

2. Post
    Digital Foundry has put their RDR2 video out.

Here is the kicker: They found that some of the graphics settings on PC is far above what the current consoles have, so much so that changing some settings to the lowest on PC is still higher than what is found on consoles.
    Which means it's impossible to replicate console graphics and performance on PC because the PC version of RDR2 is a different game on a different level all together.

Last edited by SirGrim; 9th November 2019 at 1:16 pm.

3. Post
    Hmmm

Bit the bullet and bought it, lets see how much of a dog it is on a 2080

4. Post
    one_red_god wrote:
    Hmmm

Bit the bullet and bought it, lets see how much of a dog it is on a 2080
    Use Vulcan instead of DX12. On my 2080 Super It averages 50FPS at 2880x1620 up-scaled to 4K all ultra -infinite clouds

5. Post
    **update**

Review is on hold until further notice. Will write up something for publication for Monday.
    Game is still unstable. Freezes are still occurring although much less frequently (every 10 - 20 minutes as opposed to multiple times per minute).
    I am also experiencing crashes every 20 - 30 minutes.

The game is unplayable.

6. Post
    POCOLOCO wrote:
    Use Vulcan instead of DX12. On my 2080 Super It averages 50FPS at 2880x1620 up-scaled to 4K all ultra -infinite clouds
    Yeah i gotta say it's running mint at errything high / ultra. with freesync etc if there are framedrops i've not noticed

7. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    **update**

Review is on hold until further notice. Will write up something for publication for Monday.
    Game is still unstable. Freezes are still occurring although much less frequently (every 10 - 20 minutes as opposed to multiple times per minute).
    I am also experiencing crashes every 20 - 30 minutes.

The game is unplayable.
    Serious question . When was the last time a review was put on hold due to a game being an unplayable mess instead of the review being based on it being an unplayable mess?

I love the game donít get me wrong but sounds like Rockstar stuffed up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Post
    I named my horse "Oppressor Mk2".

9. Post
    Seemed to run well for me at first but after having a few jams over the weekend I agree it's a mess. Guess I didn't just play for long enough in the first sessions because it does crash every so often, sometimes after 10 minutes other times I can get a good hour or two before it freezes but it's more a question of when, not if.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

10. Post
    gikar wrote:
    Serious question . When was the last time a review was put on hold due to a game being an unplayable mess instead of the review being based on it being an unplayable mess?

I love the game don’t get me wrong but sounds like Rockstar stuffed up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've never done it, but I can't review a game I literally cannot play.
    But, I get where you're coming from and it's a question I've asked myself. That being said a review I post now would be 0/10 Unplayable. I don't think that is an accurate representation of the game either.

11. Post
    Mercenaries 2 on PC was a dumpster fire.

Assassin's Creed unity .

But the winner is Arkham Knight pc. The company themselves pulled the game entirely then re released it months later

12. Post
    I had close to no problems up till Horseshoe Overlook... now it crashes way too often, unplayable for me too.

13. Post
    Yup. Having to redo things over and over in the game because it keeps crashing does get old quite quickly. It's arguably still playable but the experience is too frustrating to be worth wasting my free time on.

14. Post
    The question is:

1) How can Rockstar ship a game in such a poor state of stability and compatibility

2) If they claim innocence, how could they be so incompetent that they'd miss all the issues during internal testing.

15. Post
    It does seem a bit weird given that they could have waited as long as they needed to and it would have still sold like crazy.

16. Post
    PC graphics settings explored and testing vs the xbox one x.

tl:dr is that DF does not think the game has optimization issues, gamers need to manager expectations and use appropriate settings.

17. Post
    Here is the Digital Foundry optimized settings. This is also the Xbox One X's settings.

So if you have an older PC and want good performance, use these settings.

18. Post
    It's about time we got an upgrade on the "can it run Crysis?" meme. Next up "can it run Rdr2 ultra?"

19. Post
    Everyone crashing running on DX12 or Vulcan?
    Switching to Vulcan is crash free but uglier for me. DX12 either waits 45 minutes to naturally crash or it crashes when I go to town. Neither occurr using Vulcan.

Alas you cannot have TAA on with Vulcan without it shitting the bed texture wise so its either no AA or FXAA... I think it's not rendering some stuff properly tho. If you switch Motion Blur on to test it everything is ULTRA ****ed. LOL. Lighting is worse very obviously than DX12.

In other news GTA 5 has been crashing over time for absolutely ****ing ages with Nvidia and the prerelease RDR2 Drivers didn't fix it. Much surprise. So wow that RDR2 is also doing the same.

What absolute shitlord decided to leave the map functionality the same as consoles so you have to mouse wheel scroll literally 50-100 plus times to get the ****ing map fully zoomed out? **** tier lazyness that is a serious issue noticeable within seconds of trying to use the thing.

20. Post
    Having already finished the game on the ps4, I think I'll wait till next year to play this version. By mid next year they should have the bugs sorted and we'll have the RTX3080ti to played maxed 60fps+, sounds like waiting will be worth it.

21. Post
    I have a 1070ti... should I even try play it? Also have it on Xbox One X, and am about 70% through the storyline... I paused when I heard it was comign out on PC and thought I would replay from the start, for the lolz

22. Post
    I've got a GTX 1080 and Ryzen 1600. Only had issues with it crashing at the start, added game to anti virus exceptions and I was good to go. Did a bench mark, left all the settings as they were and have not had any issues. Though I'm only 10% into story.

23. Post
    scythe_metal wrote:
    I have a 1070ti... should I even try play it? Also have it on Xbox One X, and am about 70% through the storyline... I paused when I heard it was comign out on PC and thought I would replay from the start, for the lolz
    Depends on the screen resolution you're playing at I guess.

24. Post
    DatDan wrote:
    I've got a GTX 1080 and Ryzen 1600. Only had issues with it crashing at the start, added game to anti virus exceptions and I was good to go. Did a bench mark, left all the settings as they were and have not had any issues. Though I'm only 10% into story.
    What resolution you playing at and rough frame rate?

25. Post
    1440p
    min fps: 30
    max: 79
    avg: 57