Red Dead Redemption 2

Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.
(13 votes)
Results 2,201 to 2,202 of 2202

1. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Dont read too much into it. The game is great. It has issues but the I think most of us are far too old for the "I like it therefore it must be perfect" mindset. Being critical of aspects of anything does not mean it's not appreciated for what it is.

I think your statement is a little off the mark.
    This is a fair statement, I probably should have made reference to the general mood of forums around RDR2, since I still adore the game for what it does best despite my decent sized list of serious criticisms of the game.

An amazing journey, that despite it's many gameplay flaws (for me, gunplay and movement), is a masterpiece which tells one of the best western tales in any form of media. If I had to summise the game to someone based on my lovely time with it, I'd say "Come for the characters, camaraderie, story and setting, stay for the heart felt journey".

I did constantly keep thinking during my 80 odd hour playthrough "I really, really, really wish this had TLoU controls and gunplay" which I personally think would have been perfect for it...but IMO it was 100% designed around auto-aim (as Rockstar insists on keeping a thing) which kind of dulled the gameplay side of it for me to no end. Movement frustrated me to no end many times....unwanted wanted levels and weirdly designed Arthur movements were my bain many times, yet despite these...I have so much love for the overall emotional and rewarding experience.

I loooove challenge even in my story based games (TLoU on Survivor mode, GoW on Give me God of War mode, Mass Effect on Insanity, DOS2 on Tactician, Soulsborne love etc) so the weird feeling free-aim vs too-easy auto aim options didn't really cut it for me. Despite these seemingly large criticisms, I still would give the game (after mulling it over) a 9.4 out of 10 for the amazingly pure time-travel experience and being transported into a western like no-other game ever has for me (even more so than RDR, which I rate about the same, with some similar criticisms).

I would love to see GTA VI rock the boat and reboot it's gameplay style though, Rockstar definitely could do with a shakeup gameplay wise (although their sales don't really show this lol). Would definitely be a big move, but necessary after 20 years of the same kind of style adventuring I reckon.

2. Post
    IST wrote:
    I would love to see GTA VI rock the boat and reboot it's gameplay style though, Rockstar definitely could do with a shakeup gameplay wise (although their sales don't really show this lol). Would definitely be a big move, but necessary after 20 years of the same kind of style adventuring I reckon.
    At this point I wouldn't be surprised if for GTA6 they introduce bullshit like having to pay insurance regularly, having to pay property rent and having to refuel your cars at the petrol station.