Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 3334

1. Post
    **** seagate. Only two HDD"s that ever died on me were Seagate.

2. Post
    wonder if its worth flogging off my 1080ti sooner rather than later while I can maximise the price I can get for it

new cards coming in april will wipe its value away I'm guessing - I'm going to assume a nice non reference 2080 is going to beat the 1080ti one would hope

none on tardme, whats the value of these 2nd hand now?

3. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    **** seagate. Only two HDD"s that ever died on me were Seagate.
    Thereís always anomalies, I have a 3tb wd green thatís never read as over 1tb. Super dud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    wonder if its worth flogging off my 1080ti sooner rather than later while I can maximise the price I can get for it

new cards coming in april will wipe its value away I'm guessing - I'm going to assume a nice non reference 2080 is going to beat the 1080ti one would hope

none on tardme, whats the value of these 2nd hand now?
    Sold an EVGA 1080ti SC for $1100 as it was 4 or so months old, maybe aim for $1300?

5. Post
    Yusss. Finally have enough space for my OS and games on separate drives. #SSDlyfe

Related: I dunno wtf that E: drive is and I can't seem to get rid of it. Just throws not detected errors when selected. Oh well.

Attached Images

6. Post
    Just go to disk management and remove the drive letter then. Will at least hide it from file managers such as explorer.

7. Post
    That was my first thought, but its not showing up there.

Attached Images

8. Post
    Nvm, this did the trick.

Where was I? Oh yeah. Yay, full SSD life now! No more loading screens.

Attached Images

9. Post
    Any suggestions to revive an SSD that is not showing up at bios level.

10. Post
    Is it SATA? Tested it with a USB-SATA external adaptor?

11. Post
    How is this broken SSD talk yolo worthy?

Start a help thread or something.

12. Post
    Need yolo buying recommendations..

current:

4x purple Corsair fans
    1x giant ****-off noctua cooler with ugly brown fan
    I7-7700k
    Asus z270 (I think) white themed mobo
    Superflower white psu (With LED lights lol)
    white corsair xase
    ugly Sapphire RX480.

logical is the RX480, but goddamn video cards are expensive right now

13. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    wonder if its worth flogging off my 1080ti
    A true YOLO'er would never contemplate this.

14. Post
    Going to yolo a high-end monitor

I'm using the 1080 so im not sure if I can run stuff at 4k60fps

15. Post
    ^Need a 1080Ti for that on Ultra, but if you lower the GFX settings it can do it.

16. Post
    When are we likely to see the 20xx cards in NZ?

17. Post
    Boreas wrote:
    When are we likely to see the 20xx cards in NZ?
    No confirmed US launch date - but speculation is early April - NZ stock usually arrive 1-2 months later in my experience

18. Post
    ls1088 wrote:
    Going to yolo a high-end monitor

I'm using the 1080 so im not sure if I can run stuff at 4k60fps
    With 2000 series cards coming, maybe hang onto the 1080 for a few months - it can still do 4k but you'll have to run settings down to medium/high I'd imagine, turning off/not using AA helps a lot and also unless you really need shadows, turn down shadows in every game as it makes a huge difference in performance

Once the 2080 is out, grab that - assuming trends from previous generations continue, then it should be a nice boost over the 1080ti and then you'll be able to do Ultra settings with 4k no problems (including using AA and Ultra shadows) - even just a 20% boost over the 1080ti will a good job for any card to aim for in achieving the 4k ultra dream - anything above that is a bonus that would give room for game's to grow in graphics

19. Post
    I wouldn't mind getting a hybrid card in the 2080 series.

20. Post
    Why are they jumping from 10xx to 20xx anyway, when the previous iteration was 9xx? Why not 11xx?

21. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    Why are they jumping from 10xx to 20xx anyway, when the previous iteration was 9xx? Why not 11xx?
    That's just speculation - maybe it will be called 11xx - its just about every site is calling it a 20xx

22. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    I'm going to assume a nice non reference 2080 is going to beat the 1080ti one would hope
    Pure speculation. Maxwell to Pascal was a pretty decent performance jump - most generations do not have as wider gap. Nvidia has been known to be lazy enough to have as little as 10-20 percent when they don't have a serious competitor.

Considering AMD's position I'd be surprised if Nvidia felt the need to really push the next gen.

23. Post
    That is Nvidia's whole business plan, give as little as possible and increase the prices as much as possible. Because people still pay it, can't really blame them for it. Can still think it's a shitty way to operate though, and give them zero money as a result. Same thing with Intel, except they got so lazy, that when competition did arrive, they shat the bed and are likely to lose more and more market share as a result. Good result in my books.

24. Post
    yeah the days of 30-50% performance increase is long gone partly due to lack of competition plus also bad consumer awareness. If consumers actually saved their monies instead of rushing out to get latest cards everytime even if it only gives a 5% improvement , NVIDIA etc might have to pay attention to the market. As it is, they are kept bouyed by the many must have bestest crowd as well as a very good marketing strategy and lack of competition.

25. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    That is Nvidia's whole business plan, give as little as possible and increase the prices as much as possible.
    Isn't that everyone's business plan?