GP boasts their YOLO upgrades

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
(3 votes)
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 4059

1. Post
    pyronical wrote:
    3700x arrived this morning too, only part missing is my new ssd from Amazon... frustrating nonetheless
    My man. Still running the game.

2. Post
    pyronical wrote:
    Nah, just b450 mobo and a corsair 510 ssd

-e- oh happy days "out for delivery" #yologhugs
    Should have yolo'd this https://www.computerlounge.co.nz/sho...ie-gen4-m2-ssd

3. Post
    haha, even I cant justify x570 eh, just nothing from it I want for an insane price

4. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Where did you order from?
    Pb tech

pyronical wrote:
    haha, even I cant justify x570 eh, just nothing from it I want for an insane price
    If I justified it, it wouldn't be a yolo.

5. Post
    dr.m0x wrote:
    If I justified it, it wouldn't be a yolo.
    Truer words...

I guess what I really mean is "justify it to my wife"

6. Post
    Might have to use my gun buyback money to upgrade the old 5820k

7. Post
    mac-one-oh wrote:
    Might have to use my gun buyback money to upgrade the old 5820k
    Where the heck you been?

8. Post
    Playing apex lel

9. Post
    Gonna yolo the 3700x. Can anyone recommend a good mobo and 16GB ram? Has to fit in to my Silverstone Sg08 mini-ITX.

Looking at price as well of course. So far looking at getting the ROG Strix x470-I and Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB. What you guys reckon?

10. Post
    I have the ATX version (x470-F STRIX) with the non-RGB version 3200Mhz 16GB Vengeance kit. Been using them without any problems since launch a year ago with a 2700x OC'd 14%.

11. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    I have the ATX version (x470-F STRIX) with the non-RGB version 3200Mhz 16GB Vengeance kit. Been using them without any problems since launch a year ago with a 2700x OC'd 14%.
    Thanks for info. Might pull the plug on it.

12. Post
    dickytim wrote:
    Did you go for 2 x 16GB or 4 x 8gb? Can you please let us know what memory speeds you can get if it is 4 x 8GB?
    2 x 16, just in case I need (want) to go 64 down the track. However I am not concerned at all about memory speeds this time. It was a real issue on Zen 1 especially Ryzen 1000 but Zen 2 has seen a completely new memory controller and I find it unlikely that amd didn't learn anything the last time around.

13. Post
    Just went from a 60hz screen to a 144hz PG278QR - what a difference for FPS!

14. Post
    Gratz! High refresh is something you didn't know you needed until you've experienced it.

15. Post
    Trying to get the work to supply high refresh monitors - I need it to improve productivity

16. Post
    dr.m0x wrote:
    Gratz! High refresh is something you didn't know you needed until you've experienced it.
    Yeah it is as smooth as butter, even though I'm on a 1070 the next 6-12 months ill look into an upgrade.

17. Post
    Nice screen rebound.

So who is selling some tech now that all the new goodies have come to the table.

Sure there are some people burning for a good upgrade. Bank manager allowing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Post
    VOID_NZ wrote:
    Nice screen rebound.

So who is selling some tech now that all the new goodies have come to the table.

There is a system in the buy sell section with water cooling, keep posting you'll get to 100 soon enough!

19. Post
    Don't encourage more shit posting with your own shit posting
    What is for sale does not suit, you should know that.

20. Post
    Brought a 3700X to replace my 2600X.
    Picks up the 3700X in bios but I lose detection of my boot M.2 SSD drive in bios. Had to put the 2600X back in until I can sort it.

Any ideas?

21. Post
    DJ wrote:
    Brought a 3700X to replace my 2600X.
    Picks up the 3700X in bios but I lose detection of my boot M.2 SSD drive in bios. Had to put the 2600X back in until I can sort it.

Any ideas?
    BIOS update?

22. Post
    mac-one-oh wrote:
    BIOS update?
    On 2301 (added Ryzen 3000 support). 2406 is latest but people are saying it's unstable as heck. I'm hesitant to upgrade.

23. Post
    Update : Put Bios 2406 on, along with new chipset driver.

All working except system doesn't boot with Memory at 3200mhz (Ran 3200mhz on the 2600X fine).
    Does boot if I set it to 3133mhz (close enough tbh).

24. Post
    DJ wrote:
    Update : Put Bios 2406 on, along with new chipset driver.

All working except system doesn't boot with Memory at 3200mhz (Ran 3200mhz on the 2600X fine).
    Does boot if I set it to 3133mhz (close enough tbh).
    At 3200mhz is it auto switching the memory ratio from 1:1 to 2:1? You might need to play around with the settings a bit

No, looks like the ratio doesn't switch until you go over 3600
    Last edited by mac-one-oh; 12th July 2019 at 6:27 am.

25. Post
    VOID_NZ wrote:
    Nice screen rebound.

Thanks mate, picked it up second hand but reasonably new, was a good deal!