1. Post
    18% of the police budget is spent on alcohol, and they say the rest of us have got a problem!

2. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    Are you disputing that advertising encourages people to buy things? If we had ciggy commercials on TV with young attractive people fagging it up at the beach, you wouldn't see an increase in its uptake?

As i said it'd be a good start to address NZ's out of control binge drinking pisshead criminal behaviour
    It's effect is neglible. Thats why banning tobacco company ads were followed by other measures. No more sponsorship, subsidized schemes to get people to quit, "shock" ads to get people to quit, banning tobacconists, upping the price many times.
    Why are you so focused on only the thin edge of the wedge? You seem to wilfully disregard any concept of what comes next.

3. Post
    Unsettled wrote:
    18% of the police budget is spent on alcohol, and they say the rest of us have got a problem!
    lol

Whoever said stop drinking tequila; i dont drink it, it's gross. It's fking juice from a cactus, how good could it be :/

I will admit I'm on my third Glassons of the night. Tastes like exploited SEA labourer

4. Post
    I'm on my 6th beer and haven't beaten anyone up

5. Post

- - - Updated - - -

gneiss wrote:
    Show him a YouTube vid saying that beer is nice and he’ll be into it.
    Only if it has a stage 3 turbo on it

6. Post
    (lol I know binge drinking, alcoholism, and domestic violence is a big issue in new zealand and they they're all tied together don't jump down my throat)

7. Post
    i.e.awesome wrote:
    (lol I know binge drinking, alcoholism, and domestic violence is a big issue in new zealand and they they're all tied together don't jump down my throat)

8. Post
    i.e.awesome wrote:
    Lol why doesn't anyone reply to me directly? What was so idiotic about my replies regarding the beer ads?
    Responding to a female on these forums with the same attitude you respond to a guy? That's a banning.

As for the dumb things you said, well, it's basically that you're pro alcohol ads. That you did the typical dumb person "I don't get affected by Y, so no one is affected by Y".

So while alcohol ads might not work on you, undoubtedly they would work on someone. Either a young person or a vulnerable person. If someone is so down and out, looking for a form of escapism, or even looking to emulate the guys they see in the ads. You know, the guys that everything works out perfectly for them, as they've got that awesome beer in their hands.

More importantly you said ads don't work (right?), and then said why would someone do ads that are anti their product... If ads don't work then it doesn't matter if they are positive or negative about their product, as they don't affect anything. Right?

9. Post
    i.e.awesome wrote:
    advertising makes it so much worse apparently xD

10. Post
    Lethargic wrote:
    advertising makes it so much worse apparently xD
    I know I wanted to drink more when I saw that sweet ad of the guy smashing his kid (or nephew) into the book shelf.

Perfect way to escape responsibility - > drink.

11. Post

12. Post
    blissfuljoy wrote:
    Responding to a female on these forums with the same attitude you respond to a guy? That's a banning.

As for the dumb things you said, well, it's basically that you're pro alcohol ads. That you did the typical dumb person "I don't get affected by Y, so no one is affected by Y".

So while alcohol ads might not work on you, undoubtedly they would work on someone. Either a young person or a vulnerable person. If someone is so down and out, looking for a form of escapism, or even looking to emulate the guys they see in the ads. You know, the guys that everything works out perfectly for them, as they've got that awesome beer in their hands.

More importantly you said ads don't work (right?), and then said why would someone do ads that are anti their product... If ads don't work then it doesn't matter if they are positive or negative about their product, as they don't affect anything. Right?

can you quote the post where i said i said that ads don't work? i can't seem to find it. all i said is that i didn't notice the number of advertisements vs don't drink too much, on tv (which i don't watch much of at all).

i already said that alcoholism is a problem in nz and if you want to ban alcohol advertisement in general, fine, but don't get upset about a company advertising their own product.

i dunno about you but i feel like you have some sort of issue with me personally...

13. Post
    blissfuljoy wrote:

**** you talk some shit.

14. Post
    i.e.awesome wrote:
    can you quote the post where i said i said that ads don't work? i can't seem to find it. all i said is that i didn't notice the number of advertisements vs don't drink too much, on tv (which i don't watch much of at all).

i already said that alcoholism is a problem in nz and if you want to ban alcohol advertisement in general, fine, but don't get upset about a company advertising their own product.

i dunno about you but i feel like you have some sort of issue with me personally...
    I didn't bother to go look. I got the vague feeling you felt that way about ads, hence the in brackets (right?). Fully allowing you to dispute it.

Don't drink too much -> 6 beers in a night as a female. OooooKaaay

The thing is, you're fine with them promoting alcohol, which is a silly standpoint to have.

This is why no one responds to you.. you take it as a personal slight instead of a debate against a topic.

- - - Updated - - -

GaR wrote:
    **** you talk some shit.
    Thanks for the recap.

15. Post
    blissfuljoy wrote:
    I didn't bother to go look. I got the vague feeling you felt that way about ads, hence the in brackets (right?). Fully allowing you to dispute it.

Don't drink too much -> 6 beers in a night as a female. OooooKaaay

The thing is, you're fine with them promoting alcohol, which is a silly standpoint to have.

This is why no one responds to you.. you take it as a personal slight instead of a debate against a topic.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the recap.
    Your vague feeling is about as valid as any of your other notions, which is to say, not at all. As per usual, you're full of shit, as well as ****ing spineless.

16. Post
    GaR wrote:
    Your vague feeling is about as valid as any of your other notions, which is to say, not at all. As per usual, you're full of shit, as well as ****ing spineless.
    Spineless? Lmao, so you even know what that means you muppet?

Sorry bro, I don't take the forums as seriously as you. I don't read through and gather all evidence before making a response.

Maybe get some fresh air before you lose it on your flatmates with all your pent up anger.

17. Post
    It's not how we're drinking, it's Gar that's drinking.

18. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    Show him a YouTube vid saying that beer is nice and he’ll be into it.
    This doesn't get said enough, I ****ing love you man

19. Post
    GaR wrote:
    What the hell is up with this language and attacks? Shouldn't you be setting an example instead of being a douche.

---

I don't really want to re-litigate this but this advertisement does not seem as nefarious as Tormenta is making it out to be:
    https://www.beerthebeautifultruth.co...out-nutrition/

One hour
    On average, it takes 1 hour for the human body to process 1 standard drink (10 grams of alcohol). The size of a standard drink varies according to the type of alcoholic beverage and the alcohol content.

New Zealand drinking guidelines recommend no more than 2 standard drinks a day for women or 3 standard drinks a day for men to reduce long term harm, and no more than 4 standard drinks in one occasion for women or 5 standard drinks in one occasion for men to reduce the risk of short term harm.

For more information, visit www.cheers.org.nz or www.alcohol.org.nz

3 simple ways you can ensure you are being a responsible beer drinker.
    Size: Know how big a standard drink is.
    Pace: Remember your body can only process one standard drink an hour – there’s no way to speed it up.
    Space: Drink water and eat a meal to give your body time to process your beer.
    People enjoy beer. That's why we buy and consume it. How is knowing more about it a bad thing. It's not like NZ hasn't had plenty of campaigns about related issues e.g. drink driving.

20. Post
    Why are people defending advertising? **** that shit. I agree with Unsettled, ban it all.