1. Post
    Yeah, I hadn't heard of it before but was told about it after my post.

2. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Don’t worry, it’s not like we’d ever expect you to say “Yeah, that was a bit much - sorry”.
    lol

3. Post
    GaR wrote:
    figured her entrenched position in the movement might be a mark against her. Now I see that's actually a requirement.
    Not sure what you mean by that, She seems interesting, real old school feminist, which unfortunately means she's not really in line with some modern feminists, but this is where I start getting confused on who is mainstream and who is fringe :/
    https://www.google.com.au/search?rlz....0.1ruUvY-Rook

4. Post
    It's not a club. Do you not understand, or do you not believe me?

5. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    You know SNAGs were just another stage of the evolution of pussy chasers?

Just like vegans and those dudes that wear pussy hats....

Attachment 220831

It's like that video of the cuttlefish mating... where there is a huge male cuttlefish scaring off the smaller male. So the smaller male acts like a chick to get close to the real female for a quickie. These guys are the same.
    I've enjoyed this comparison story.

6. Post
    GaR wrote:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're view is that it is only the 'fringe' of feminism that is anti-men/misandrist?

It sure seems like a large enough 'problem' within the feminist 'community' to cause multiple articles on the subject, all found on the first page of my first google search (feminism misandry).

http://time.com/3101429/misandry-mis...ainstfeminism/

http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/17/2018-n...inism-7166537/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...-for-feminism/

http://theconcordian.org/2017/02/23/...s-not-feminism

I'm a feminist, so it's a bit silly to hear other feminists claim that it is only the fringe when it is becoming a larger issue in the movement. Especially from the 'fourth wave' feminists.

7. Post
    bradc wrote:
    Nah, I'm trying to highlight that for a long time there was a considerable and real sexual domination of women by men that extended beyond an unwanted touch, and that this metoo movement is at the lighter, tail end of things.

If this was just a matter of unwanted sexual conduct like a grope or a suggestion then fine, it's all roughly equivocable.
    #Metoo is more about men in power using that power and influence to convince women to do things that they would not do had the power and influence been taken off the table, right?

The fact is, had a guy done this to a woman (what she did to me) then there would be a universal support that he was a creepy ****. Maybe some spastics would argue she was 'putting out vibes', but they would generally be silenced. When you hear a guy be touched, all I hear is 'was she hot', or 'did you like it?', or 'i'd love to have a chick come up and grab my junk'. Stupid stuff that removes the fact it was unwanted from the equation.

Sure, she had no chance of physically overpowering me, so the threat of physical violence was gone; that doesn't remove the risk of her being mental and claiming I touched or molested her due to the rejection.

8. Post
    GaR wrote:
    I was interested in this seemingly clear distinction between those that are just fringe positions and the apparent mainstream majority..

9. Post
    Feliz wrote:
    Any examples of a non-fringe feminist?
    Someone who believes in equality between males and females and doesn't wish 'death to all men'. Basically a normal sane person.

10. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    Someone who believes in equality between males and females and doesn't wish 'death to all men'. Basically a normal sane person.
    Er, k?

11. Post
    Hey it was your weird ****ing question.

12. Post
    Feliz wrote:
    I was interested in this seemingly clear distinction between those that are just fringe positions and the apparent mainstream majority..
    There are some pretty obvious red flags. Anything you bring up as an example, for instance.

13. Post
    Feliz wrote:
    Er, k?
    Is that too complicated for you?

14. Post
    Germaine Greer isn't fringe... and "Female Eunich" is from the 70s. Not that I've actually read it.

15. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    Hey it was your weird ****ing question.
    GaR wrote:
    Is that too complicated for you?
    Not sure what you're on about Gar, you understood and provided a good answer for the question..
    CODC, if it was worded so ambiguously that you interpreted it as "what do normal, egalitarian people believe?" Then I apologise, but see Gar's answers for an example of what I was looking for.

GaR wrote:
    There are some pretty obvious red flags. Anything you bring up as an example, for instance.
    What have I bought up that's a red flag for a fringe position?

Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    Germaine Greer isn't fringe... and "Female Eunich" is from the 70s. Not that I've actually read it.
    So... we're agreeing?

16. Post
    Feliz wrote:

What have I bought up that's a red flag for a fringe position?
    My bad, that was me not paying attention, and assuming I was talking to Bloody.

17. Post
    I would think it's very obvious that some feminists hate men, even mainstream ones. Look at the old favourite Clem Ford as a good example of hate getting published by mainstream news.

Anyway, please stop stinking up this thread. There's a politics sub forum for feminist clap trap.

18. Post
    >Creates a thread about sexism
    >doesn't want sexism discussed

19. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    I would think it's very obvious that some feminists hate men, even mainstream ones. Look at the old favourite Clem Ford as a good example of hate getting published by mainstream news.

Anyway, please stop stinking up this thread. There's a politics sub forum for feminist clap trap.
    I hope you didn't have to go too far out of your way there.

20. Post
    My bad, for some reason i thought this was the Stuff folded arms thread i created. My man brain can't multi task.

21. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    My point exactly, It's becoming increasingly hard to tell from an outside perspective if the fringe elements are a loud minority or now the mainstream. If Stuff was your only source of feminist written pieces you'd be well forgiven for thinking the latter is true. Interestingly this just came up in my feed where it seems another rational sounding older-school feminist named Margaret Atwood has also been shunned by feminist groups, so is she mainstream as I would have thought, or have the positions actually switched and she's now the fringe to the likes of Clementine Ford style mainstreamers? :| https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opin...ticle37591823/

22. Post
    Criticism of inherently ****ed up structural problems != hating men

23. Post
    Bettina Arndt , factual feminist

24. Post
    Feliz wrote:
    My point exactly, It's becoming increasingly hard to tell from an outside perspective if the fringe elements are a loud minority or now the mainstream. If Stuff was your only source of feminist written pieces you'd be well forgiven for thinking the latter is true. Interestingly this just came up in my feed where it seems another rational sounding older-school feminist named Margaret Atwood has also been shunned by feminist groups, so is she mainstream as I would have thought, or have the positions actually switched and she's now the fringe to the likes of Clementine Ford style mainstreamers? :| https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opin...ticle37591823/
    theres always been extremist feminists. Look at solanas and mary daly for your super cool 'rational old school feminsts'.

Stuff writes extremist feminist literature? is this a joke? lmao link me something that you define as that please.

25. Post
    NaCh0 wrote:
    tuff writes extremist feminist literature? is this a joke? lmao link me something that you define as that please.
    I specifically mentioned SMH/Stuff's regular "feminist writer" is Clementine Ford, who sounds like a wonderful human being, and I would hope is considered "fringe", but having such a platform lends such views legitimacy, which as I said, anyone who didn't know about the likes more rational sorts like Germaine Greer (as I didn't) could be lead to think that's the normal view..