Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Gametrailers Shuts Down - Sadface Ensues

What a kick in the gaming balls, hope Brandon Jones gets a job at a major site since he did the best VO for reviews since, ever.

RIP GT

2. Post
    Damn.

3. Post
    ... eh

4. Post
    Didn't know they still existed.

5. Post
    One of the last few gaming sites I went out of my way to go to.

6. Post
    I used to use them before I came to GP, RIP in peace.

7. Post
    Brandon's VO is so buttery and in-depth... he would fit in well at Gamespot or IGN IMO (and be a welcome shot of interesting).

8. Post
    I'm gonna miss their reviews and GT countdown.

9. Post
    They were a fantastic resource in the mid-2000s because they hosted Hi-res game footage and trailers. Youtube used to have only shitty low-res video, 240p and 320p - we would call it Blurtube. Everything changed however in 2008 when Youtube introduced HD video. By 2009 Gametrailers was almost entirely irrelevant IMO, other than when around E3 time when they would do live streaming and panel discussions.

10. Post
    These guys were my staple before some of the YT reviewers got big.

Sad day.

11. Post
    Rip

12. Post
    Can't be surprised. Not as many features, visitors, or relevance anymore. The other thing they did well before YT took over was features like the 'history of' series and so forth which all got lost when they were sold from Viacom to Defy. When they axed most of the staff after the sale that's when the site's bottom fell out and it's been limping along ever since. I concur that Brandon Jones needs to be picked up by another company, great talent for review voice over and his presenting skills are good too.

13. Post
    So bad.....

Ugh still sinking in.....

Saturdays are gonna be shit without GT Time. Watched there videos daily. Hopefully they can scrape something together would defiantly throw money at it. Don't think I have come across a group of more likable guys then Bosman, Jones, Blood, Moore, Hinck, Huber, Casanova and Blair.

14. Post
    Damn, why is it always the good ones that vanish? and shit ****s like IGN still around....

GameTrailers were awesome, especially when they started doing reviews

15. Post
    GT was great, was my staple website from 2006 to about 2010

If you've got a console, the IGN app is actually a nice replacement, it's got all their videos including gametrailers etc in one place - otherwise youtube it is

16. Post
    Way too many ads and slow buffering for my tastes. I never got into it.

RIP though.

17. Post
    Ads were never an issue, the changing of the video player was a killer blow.

18. Post
    Rekuja wrote:
    Damn, why is it always the good ones that vanish? and shit ****s like IGN still around....

GT and Angry Joe reviews were my go-to ones, gutted .

19. Post
    Rekuja wrote:

Agreed, IGN is a huge pile of horse shit. I tend to just YT and decide for myself these days, i completely lost interest in gaming review sites.

20. Post
    I only really liked ScrewAttack

21. Post
    Man only given mere hours to move out is gutting, and Bloodworth got the news while he just started his honeymoon

They are all getting together in a few weeks but news sounds like they are wanting to keep the crew together, if they can

22. Post
    I was talking to some of the staff on their Twitch channel, they are talking about setting something up. Looks like they are all keen.

23. Post
    Infuriation wrote:
    I was talking to some of the staff on their Twitch channel, they are talking about setting something up. Looks like they are all keen.
    That would be cool - should do what Greg Miller and his cohorts did, set up a patreon vibe and roll youtube.

24. Post
    Name:  CdPyy4gVAAALzzQ.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  14.3 KB

Brandon has been on Kinda Funny Games saying they will be doing something. So stoked! all the guys have tweeted this image.

25. Post
    For what it's worth, GT forums are still alive.