Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    DW wrote:
    Scores are great. If I see a trend of low scores across multiple reviews I know the game is probably crap. Otherwise I need to read multiple reviews to confirm that is the case or not.
    ^ This.

I said something along this line elsewhere recently; i have limited time, and i value the free time i get. It's about getting an idea as to whether a game is worth my while in the shortest time possible.

Doing away with review scores is more respectful to the time and effort that the reviewer has put into said review, as it forces people to actually read the review. But with so many choices, so many competing websites to get review content, it isn't respectful of my time - and shouldn't it be about what pleases the people you want to visit your website?

These days, i basically don't read any gaming websites that take this holier-than-thou "we're above review scores" approach. I hope GP never goes down this road.

2. Post
    trying to hunt an elite console bundle. hanging out for this controller so bad! reading this makes me want it more

3. Post
    IMHO you can't call yourself a "premium" controller if you are still powered by AA batteries.

4. Post
    dstarzero wrote:
    IMHO you can't call yourself a "premium" controller if you are still powered by AA batteries.
    Thank goodness controllers aren't sentient and can't call themselves anything.

I have a Wireless 360 controller and find the batteries last a really long time (40+ hours). If you have two sets rechargeable AA's it's never an issue. I can't imagine it's going to be an issue with this controller either.

5. Post
    dstarzero wrote:
    Oh please, those "built-in" batteries that Dual Shocks and Iphones have would be the opposite of premium in my books. Yup, let's take the future proofing out of expensive hardware by giving them a limited life!!!!!111 gg nextmap Sony are assholes so I'm not surprised that they'd make their hardware disposable.

With the battery slot in Xbox controllers you have options. Eg play & charge kits, cheapo disposable AAs, rechargable AAs, etc.

6. Post
    Any word on when the wireless dongle is available for PC? That plus Elite controller would be a dream.

7. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Any word on when the wireless dongle is available for PC? That plus Elite controller would be a dream.
    It's been out since late October in the US.

8. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Mighty Ape have it releasing on the 27th of this month. It works right of the bat with the USB cord on PC, if you did not already know.

9. Post
    dstarzero wrote:
    The standard X box one controller rechargeable batteries work just fine, it just ships with aa batteries, I have my standard xbox one rechargable battery in my elite controller