Resident Evil 2 : Remake

Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
(10 votes)

1. Post
    jords wrote:
    Sure this uses the same story, but i think thats where the word remake ends.
    How so?

2. Post
    Because the flow of the game is already being shown as different. The story beats are the same, but just like the original REmake - there is new areas and the order of things isn't exactly the same. Characters have been changed in background a bit as well. It's more of a re-imagining than a straight up remake.

PC version is already being modded from the demo... The timer can be disabled via trainer, people are hacking the camera into fixed angles, the original soundtrack has been added in (something you have to pay for in the deluxe edition). Will be interesting to see what people do with the final product.

3. Post
    I'm ok with that, I played the original to death back in 98, so would probably be a bit boring if it was a shot for shot remake.

4. Post
    I like the map layout
    More “mazey” than RE7 which is nice

5. Post
    Estumas wrote:
    Because the flow of the game is already being shown as different. The story beats are the same, but just like the original REmake - there is new areas and the order of things isn't exactly the same. Characters have been changed in background a bit as well. It's more of a re-imagining than a straight up remake.

PC version is already being modded from the demo... The timer can be disabled via trainer, people are hacking the camera into fixed angles, the original soundtrack has been added in (something you have to pay for in the deluxe edition). Will be interesting to see what people do with the final product.
    It will be pretty cool if someone mods the whole game into fixed angles and the old style of aiming/shooting and adjusted monster HP. Hopefully monster behavior isn't too random to make this impossible.

I prefer the RE1 remake over the original, this could work out the same way.

6. Post
    Trainers are technically cheats which is frowned upon on these forums

7. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Wait, cheats are forbidden?

8. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Wait, cheats are forbidden?
    SirGrim is still salty that people clowned him for getting banned in MP games for cheating like a decade ago.
    https://eu.cybergamer.com/games/cod4/search/47664826/

No cares if you cheat in SP games.

9. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    SirGrim is still salty that people clowned him for getting banned in MP games for cheating like a decade ago.

Oh damn haha, yeah , that's what I though. I mean, even GTAV modders are fine, as long as it doesn't interfere with the game obviously.

10. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    No ones give the tiniest crap if you cheat in a single player game. Now if you're a loser that cheats and posts cheats in a competitive game then you should be banned. Just my opinion.

What exactly is "Interlaced Rendering"?
    I assume it's checkerboard or alternate pixel rendering of some sort, my Google-Fu has been found wanting.

11. Post
    I cheated in Evil Within 2 and don't even care haha.

12. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:

Oh lawdy you are a salty weeboo indeed
    I agree with ChrisB, ignore list for you

13. Post
    At least we can agree on one thing Mr Grim!

Replayed the demo today, and the 30 min limit does the experience harm imo. There is a lot of stuff to see/read/discover.
    As someone who's never played RE2 does this differ much from the OG (presentation aside obviously).

14. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    As someone who's never played RE2 does this differ much from the OG (presentation aside obviously).

From what I've played personally, no. It remains to be seen how much the full game has changed though.

15. Post
    It's certainly truer to the original PS1 era game in limited inventory and enemies who don't die easily, than say the last several main titles - RE7 somewhat excepted. But it's still hard to quantify that... the original is a 3rd person pre-rendered title with tank controls and auto aim... and this is over the shoulder, target specific gameplay... kinda two different things still.

16. Post
    I just finished the demo and loved it. This will probably be my GOTY.

17. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Got my copy for 80 shipped from MA Australia

80 Aud or NZD? And shipping? The NZ gameshop price is very tempting but Ill want this day 1 or 2 .

18. Post
    leon and claire don't even look like leon and claire. also the didn't even get classic claire costume right.

that said, capcom have never been very consistent with the RE character designs between the games.

19. Post
    usergame wrote:
    80 aud or nzd? And shipping? The nz gameshop price is very tempting but ill want this day 1 or 2 .
    $80AUD

I asked them t price match JB HiFi Aus ( Cheeky I know ) because they have it for $69AUD

They said the best they could do was $76AUD, so I took that

About $84 NZD shipped day one

20. Post
    First review from Famitsu ( So take it with a grain of salt ). I'm thinking Metacritic will be low 90s

Resident Evil 2 (PS4, Xbox One) – 9/9/10/9 [37/40]

21. Post
    Also, as for length, looking like around 10 hours per character

https://wccftech.com/resident-evil-2...-story-lenght/

22. Post
    Reviews are out

TL: DR - it's a Masterpiece

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comment...review_thread/

23. Post
    Reviewing really well (91 on metacritic at the mo)

Looks great, and many fond memories getting RE2 on PS1 many moons ago. Might pick it up Friday.

edit: damn you grim just slid on in before me lol

24. Post
    Get hype my guys! Game was sold early, so copies have been out in the wild since the weekend, just wish they'd let everyone sell it now.