1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Watch video...

2. Post
    This looks really cool. But I'm worried how much its going to cost. I mean their must be some crazy new tech in this thing and cause of that their gonna have to be really expensive to recoup production costs unless they sell them at a loss and hope to recoup the cost of production in large sales.

3. Post
    Finally an honest look at the low field of vision the hololens has. Kind of sad - I expect it to get better, but release 1 is probably worth avoiding. Although I will be looking to develop for the platform regardless!

4. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    This looks really cool. But I'm worried how much its going to cost. I mean their must be some crazy new tech in this thing and cause of that their gonna have to be really expensive to recoup production costs unless they sell them at a loss and hope to recoup the cost of production in large sales.
    I'm pretty sure the rumor was it was going to retail for $500USD for consumer orientated version and 1000USD or more for commercial version.

Microsoft will struggle to get consumers to pay more than a flagship smartphone for it so I believe they will push to have a reasonable price point. I expect most profit to come from the public sector and businesses which will likely have a more high-end version.