Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 5 of 5 First ... 2345

1. Post
    Feliz wrote:
    There are dozens of us!
    I liked 8 too :d

2. Post
    Hopefully it's next if this is successful.

3. Post
    Feliz wrote:
    There are dozens of us!
    8 is probably my least favourite PSX era FF but its still an amazing game.

Edit: I really don't want it remade, hell I don't even want 7 remade. The combat system looks just as awful as it did when they had that other company working on it and I really don't see them ever being able to retain the spirit of the original. Hell, in just that scene alone, Cloud comes across more as his Advent Children self than his cocky FF7 self.

I would vastly prefer a focused effort to bring forth FF16 at this point. Take it back to the series roots, bring back turn based combat. It will sell millions on nostalgia alone.

Hell, Persona 5's success clearly shows that there is room for old school JRPG combat systems, Square has been playing catch up chasing western rpg trends for far too long, I really hope someone smart over there says **** it and they focus down on creating a traditional FF experience.

4. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    Hell, Persona 5's success clearly shows that there is room for old school JRPG combat systems, Square has been playing catch up chasing western rpg trends for far too long, I really hope someone smart over there says **** it and they focus down on creating a traditional FF experience.
    Also Dragon's Quest XI

5. Post
    What I'd like is if they took a modern FF title 8, 9 or 10 and retro-fied it with 16bit graphics.

6. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    8 is probably my least favourite PSX era FF but its still an amazing game.
    It's what happens with the gradual decline of the overall quality bar:- The stuff which was garbage in comparison to its contemporary media ends up in retrospective being much better than the crap we've gotten subsequently. Eg Prequel trilogy vs. Disney Star Wars. FF13 was so f*cking bad that people have nostalgia for the crap entries from back in the day.

7. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    It's what happens with the gradual decline of the overall quality bar:- The stuff which was garbage in comparison to its contemporary media ends up in retrospective being much better than the crap we've gotten subsequently. Eg Prequel trilogy vs. Disney Star Wars. FF13 was so f*cking bad that people have nostalgia for the crap entries from back in the day.
    Yeah 100%, FF13 was the beginning of the end for me, never finished it