Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Yep, 22/11/13 for the One, 29/11/13 for the PS4.

2. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    I think the PS4 and One have been pretty good for decent remakes so far; GTAV, Metro Redux and Borderlands 2/Pre-sequel for both consoles are a big step up from last gen, and TLoU and Halo MCC for PS4 and One respectively have both been worthwhile.

Granted there have definitely been some quick 'n dirty cash-grab remakes in the past. Hopefully Dishonored isn't one of these.
    Oh wow, I just realised that current gen console architecture makes it prime dumping grounds for quick 'n dirty cash-grab ports from PC. Metro: Last Light Redux (but not Metro 2033 Redux), Borderlands: Handsome Jack Collection, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition and Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition are all clear examples of us. Things are in worst shape than I thought.
    VanOysterson wrote:
    Anyway, there are plenty of exclusives for PS4
    Such as? Games also on/coming to PC, PS3 or Vita obviously shouldn't count. Xbone is currently has the more attractive exclusives coming IMO.

3. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Xbone is currently has the more attractive exclusives coming IMO.
    Such as?
    Personally I see far more on the PS4 side.

Heres a list of all of the known "exclusive" current console titles (incl timed and manufacturer exlusives)

4. Post
    I see Psycho Pass made the list on the Microsoft side, can a VN even be considered a game?

5. Post
    Why not? There's not much separating them from a Telltale Game mechanically.

6. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Oh wow, I just realised that current gen console architecture makes it prime dumping grounds for quick 'n dirty cash-grab ports from PC. Metro: Last Light Redux (but not Metro 2033 Redux), Borderlands: Handsome Jack Collection, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition and Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition are all clear examples of us. Things are in worst shape than I thought.
    These are all, IMO, decent quality ports (not sure what you mean by "but not Metro 2033 Redux" - meaning it wasn't a bad port? Or that it didn't get ported to console?). They've also almost all been priced accordingly - $20 for each of the Metro games, and Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider were also priced at $20 recently. Only the Borderlands stuff is a bit more expensive, but still great value for money really when you consider that you get two massive games.

I have to say, i'm having trouble trying to figure out your angle here Eva; first you say there's "no games", when you're actually meaning "no exclusives based on the genres i'm specifically interested in", now you're subjectively talking about the quality/attractiveness of the exclusives ....... you're not enamored with the amount or type of games that have been released for either console, we get that (from virtually every snarky little dig you make about consoles), but your schtick is becoming rather trite.

Pyro, don't waste your breath - he's saying that in his opinion "Xbox One has more attractive games"; the quality over quantity angle. That's sweet Eva; get an Xbox One. The longer you keep your brand of "thoughtful and respectful opinion sharing" away from the Playstation forum, the better.

7. Post
    IMO there has been a lot of disappointment from both new consoles, so in that regard I agree with Eva.
    The only games I really want on console are a remake (Last of Us Remastered), and Bloodborne.
    FFXV looks interesting, but I don't like the direction they've taken the game over all.
    Rachet Remake looks cool, although again its not a new game.
    Unchartered is always good for some story driven enjoyment (Eva is such a hypocrite here).
    Infamous First Light looks interesting

There is literally nothing on the XBOne side I care about. Halo is a franchise I dislike very much, and everything else is at best mildly interesting, but I then I remember that 1080p @60 is a no go for XBOne, and I lose all interest. I can't make that big of a step backwards, especially with console games being as expensive as they are.

I'd rather spend more money on a better PC and ignore the exlusives than compromise in order to play a few games.

8. Post
    Yeah, i'll concede that the first 6 months or so were light on games, but we kinda knew that both machines were coming in very hot, with lots of features etc being patched in at a later date. Devs hadn't had the devkits for too long either, iirc, so it was inevitable that games were going to be scarce for the first little while.

As i say though, i have both consoles, and have had trouble getting to the two big Xbox One exclusives (Sunset Overdrive and Halo MCC) due to having too much to play on the PS4 (exclusive or multi-plat). I can only speak for myself though, YMMV

9. Post
    I think part of Eva's point (which he loves to obscure by Aspergeranting all over the place) is that if you have a gaming PC many of those games that you're referring to are actually on PC already. The actual exclusives are very very few,

10. Post
    Eva's anti-new gen console argument seems to devolve from "they have no games", to "they have no exclusive games", to "they have no exclusive games I want to play".

11. Post
    pyrocore wrote:
    I think part of Eva's point (which he loves to obscure by Aspergeranting all over the place) is that if you have a gaming PC many of those games that you're referring to are actually on PC already. The actual exclusives are very very few,
    True. And I agree.

Equally though, for the recreational gamer, the sort of gamer that might only buy five games during a 'generation' and most likely the gamer with the most actual numbers. The reverse to Eva's point could be argued.

IE, said gamer walks in to EB, and sees the same big games on all three platforms and sees PC games like Age of Wonders 3 then says 'nah PC has no different games I'm interested in. Imma gonna get a PS4/Xbone for half the cost.'

The difference being, said gamer acknowledges the quantifying argument is their own tastes rather than a blanket all encompassing statement.

12. Post
    Chickenman wrote:
    True. And I agree.

Equally though, for the recreational gamer, the sort of gamer that might only buy five games during a 'generation' and most likely the gamer with the most actual numbers. The reverse to Eva's point could be argued.

IE, said gamer walks in to EB, and sees the same big games on all three platforms and sees PC games like Age of Wonders 3 then says 'nah PC has no different games I'm interested in. Imma gonna get a PS4/Xbone for half the cost.'

The difference being, said gamer acknowledges the quantifying argument is their own tastes rather than a blanket all encompassing statement.
    I also agree. Your last statement hits the nail on the head; these "all encompassing statements" Eva makes when he means something quite different are essentially shit-stirring troll posts, as far as i'm concerned. He's very knowledgeable about PC stuff, but as i don't have any interest in that, i think i'm going to put him on my ignore list (not that he'd help me if i asked anyway - i've 'called him' on far too many things )

13. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    What baiting? I genuinely waiting for a reason to bother with a console. By the second year of the PS2 we had monumental games like GTA3, Silent HIll 2 and Devil May Cry. So far? Multi-plats that are on PC and last gen; ports of last gen games.

Maybe Bloodborne if you're into that sort of thing? Even then it's just more of the same as the Souls series.
    Tbh I actually totally agree with Eva with regard to this...

First game I played on PS2 was GTA3 and immediately thereafter I knew I *had* to buy a PS2. Very soon after (I don't remember exactly how long) I had my PS2 and GTA3. No memory card mind you, a little too expensive for me, so my PS2 was left on for weeks, from memory, paused until I could buy one. I only mention this because it shows (to me) how much I needed that console for that game. (Not to mention other games I'd played before getting my console that blew me away such as Final Fantasy X and Max Payne)

Silent Hill 2 and Devil May Cry were two more of the first games I owned which is why Eva's comment resonates so well with me. Just for arguments sake, Onimusha was another personal favourite of mine at the time.

There has been no game that has made me *need* to buy one of the current-gen consoles (PS4 and XBone specifically) thus far as those games did in the past. In saying that, however, I do own a PS4 but have not been hugely impressed with what's available to date - some visually impressive things to be sure!! DriveClub for one I found to be really quite pretty when I first played it but, as any of you who are familiar with the game would know, it was pretty broken. Bloodborne is another title that has been recommended to me recently and, while an "enjoyable enough" experience multiplayer, it's not anything that seems like it can't have been made for last-gen consoles...

The game I have been most impressed by so far hands down was The Last of Us Remastered, so, as it turns out, I was lucky not to have got around to playing that on PS3...

The one game I'm actually actively waiting for from that list is Uncharted 4 : P
    And the others I'll get I either do have already (Flower PS3, FFX PS2, PS3) or didn't get around to last-gen (Journey).

The current-gen console I actually have the most store bought games for is actually Wii U (bought on release) funnily enough : P

In short, I bought a PS4 cause it was the *new* thing and I always tend to buy the new consoles, but there was no game that *made* me buy it as there has been in past generations. As a matter of fact, I had a PS4 with no games for months after my console purchase...
    Last edited by re_vlaka; 13th May 2015 at 12:26 pm. Reason: added last comment

14. Post
    Hey Eva. I just bought a PS4. Come at me bro!

btw I am LOVING Last of Us Remastered, and my first couple of hours of Bloodborne were killer

15. Post
    What kind of crazy topsy turvy world is this! Pyrocore playing on PS4 and my last games played have been Euro Truck Sim 2 and Dirt Rally on my Laptop.

16. Post
    Well I got a deal that I could not pass up. Bloodborne+Last of Us+Infamous+Console+extra controller for just under $600.
    Best feature I never knew I wanted: Controller speaker. Very very cool

17. Post
    is it that difficult to understand that people do not buy consoles for exclusives only? just cause u think that the only reason to buy a console is for exclusives it does not make it so for other people.

inb4 why don't they pcs

18. Post
    pyrocore wrote:
    Well I got a deal that I could not pass up. Bloodborne+Last of Us+Infamous+Console+extra controller for just under $600.
    Yeah that's a deal!

The first time I heard the controller speaker I was like 'WTF was that?! Oh hang on that's awesome!'

19. Post
    pyrocore wrote:
    only sad thing from that list is no P.T, but ye controller speaker is cool and needs to be more games that support it (GTAV most if not all phone calls happen from the controller, which is badass) if i had to reccomend something from ps4's list though try and pick up resogun

as for the thread, i at the very least think this will be the last gen that we see things like HD "remasters" like this since i'm assuming both sony and MS are going to be sticking with the guts of their machines and probably just boosting specs so there SHOULD be no issue with ps5 playing ps4 games especially if they still play with x86 although someone correct me if im wrong

if any of the companies are actually banking on these as a stable form of income they will be the next companies to go kaput