1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Ah this just makes me realise that someone needs to come up with a cheap-processing way of dynamically adding some displacement noise to the edge of polygons where there's a 90 degree angle or smaller - realtime Shading and Lighting in game engines is now downright incredible, but those perfectly straight edges along building edges becomes really noticable...

3. Post
    especially in 4k

4. Post
    65GB
    jesus...

5. Post
    Feliz wrote:
    Ah this just makes me realise that someone needs to come up with a cheap-processing way of dynamically adding some displacement noise to the edge of polygons where there's a 90 degree angle or smaller - realtime Shading and Lighting in game engines is now downright incredible, but those perfectly straight edges along building edges becomes really noticable...
    Not until we have real-time ray tracing - that's the biggest factor for realistic graphics in my opinion. Until then all these games will look just like that - games.

6. Post
    This still isn't out yet?

7. Post
    s0cks wrote:
    Not until we have real-time ray tracing - that's the biggest factor for realistic graphics in my opinion. Until then all these games will look just like that - games.
    That's still a while off though, although some of the new path tracing engines are looking very promising.
    In the meantime, stuff like UE4's pre-generated lightmaps get some very natural looking lighting without needing a rack of tesla cards.

8. Post
    For sure. One day maybe though

9. Post
    god damn,I need to free up some space on my SSD, can't afford a bigger one just yet.

10. Post
    My PC is going to have a field day with this.

11. Post
    Shikari wrote:
    65GB
    jesus...
    holy shit!! time for another SSD!!

12. Post
    glad I wasn't skimpy and got a 500gb